Lane Kiffin is realistic (info).

Regardless what you feel about Lane, the good out of the Lane interest (if true), is that it (a) makes the job seem more attractive and (b) more importantly, presuming that Mario is Miami's #1 target, at least Mario knows that we're not bidding against ourselves and that if he wants it, he has to jump on it.

Advertisement
Now Marcus Lemonis is playing fuqin chess not checkers

Miami wants Mario

Miami plants seed that another top candidate has interest in Miami job

Heat gets turned up on Mario

Control the narrative and make the Miami opening valuable snd coveted…. The art of the sale 101

Please stop with the Marcus Lemonis nonsense. The guy is not an alum and has done nothing as a UM trustee, but all of a sudden he has become the chess king because of where he went to high school?

I've tried to tell people for quite a while that Jose Mas is moving up the ranks. The guy has been a stone-cold politician and power-broker since he was a teenager, and he has way more money and power and sports experience than Lemonis. Sure, they went to the same high school, but Jose is the one who has been leading the BOT in a different direction. Lemonis is riding Mas' coattails.

Advertisement
OK, since nobody is going to going to the possible negatives of lame, here’s one: he’s never won anything. Numerous head-coaching jobs, unceremoniously fired and left on an airport tarmac, basically fired from Alabama, left a trail of bad feelings and little accomplishments.

Prove me wrong.

We’re all getting this big hard on for him, but these are the types of questions prospective employers are going to look at.

I’m not against him, but I think you have to take a clear eyed and sober look at him.
I’ve repeated this for weeks but no one wants to listen. Like I’ve stated before, if we really want to win then the list should be

Mark Stoops
Dave Aranda
Dave Clawson
Bill Clark as a last resort

All understand you need both offense and defense to win

All are very strong evaluators

All are exceeding expectations by miles

But Lane as the fancy offense so…

Looking only at HC in terms of football and ignoring any other issues people have I do like him as a candidate. Still don’t believe he is the right man to build the program from whatever it became into what we hope it to be one day. He would be THE guy I would want if we had a slew of talent and looking for the next guy though

Advertisement
I like Lane, I would prefer Mario over him tho. I’m not sure Lane sticks around long term. I know he is a good recruiter, but this isn’t a win immediately situation like a lot of you believe. This roster has a lot of holes. Before you say “we have enough talent to win the coastal,” idc about the coastal. I want to compete for Nattys and we don’t have the talent for that. I just personally feel Mario would do a better job of that. Anyway, exciting times to be a canes fan!!

I’ve repeated this for weeks but no one wants to listen. Like I’ve stated before, if we really want to win then the list should be

Mark Stoops
Dave Aranda
Dave Clawson

Stoops is #1 for me as well

Mark Stoops
Dave Aranda
Dave Clawson

I love Stoops. I think he would do great here. Only thing that makes me apprehensive about him is his offense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
EVERYONE STOP.

If he leaves for a better job its GOOD... it guarantees that he was a good hire, crushed it here, and now we are going to have 10x the leverage in our next hire. It could be to go after a Lincoln Riley type at that point. It would be a GREAT THING. It would mean the hire WORKED OUT and SAVED UM FOOTBALL. That's how it works, and that's how it went with EVERY GOOD UM COACH WE'VE HAD since and including SCHNELLENBERGER.

Jesus we don't even know if we are getting a coach ANYWHERE near the Mario and Kiffin level and you triggered mofos are already sitting in the corner worrying about when they are going to leave us.

Really? "it guarantees that he was a good hire" and "crushed it here"?

Is that what happened when he departed Oakland? Or Tennessee? Or USC?

Again, I'm not holding everything against Kiffin, but he has left multiple jobs (voluntarily or involuntarily) without, you know, actually "crushing it".

I'm impressed with Lane's improvements at FAU and Ole Miss, but he's still ringless without Saban.

I'd swear that some of you guys want to have Lane's baby.

This is whats going on. They been had backchannels with Mario for weeks as I and others previously said. Mario is all about coming home if they show commitment and Blake was gone. If he doesnt come, Lane is 110% looking to take the job. that wasnt a slip up on game day. There is no option #3 at this point.
So that’s:

✅
✅

Waiting on the 3rd

Advertisement
Back