(Landon Ibieta is...) Looking like the goods!

Advertisement
Kid is the goods and LSU has ****ed off a lot of HS coaches the way they have treated kids over the years having them commit then dropping them close to NSD.
Coaches around here aren’t much different than S.Fla coaches when it comes to having memories like an elephant.Certain schools don’t push their kids to LSU.Not sure about Mandeville HS but I don’t remember a lot of them going to LSU…I don’t think there are any kids from Mandeville HS on the LSU roster and I think it’s even a couple years since they had one and Mandeville has a pretty good football program..

also the QB that threw that ball has an arm.Threw that pass 60+ yds in the air from what I counted.

Advertisement
NPR had a show on selection bias earlier this week, where a research team posted resumes to 10s of thousands of job listings. They used the exact same resume profiles but would randomize the names between ones more associated with blacks and ones more associated with whites. The first group got a response from the recruiter or hiring manager 10-20% less often than the second group, again with the exact same resume and credentials. I think WRs face this selection bias in the reverse. Berrios, Restrepo, Ibieta. Those aren't WR names.

NPR had a show on selection bias earlier this week, where a research team posted resumes to 10s of thousands of job listings. They used the exact same resume profiles but would randomize the names between ones more associated with blacks and ones more associated with whites. The first group got a response from the recruiter or hiring manager 10-20% less often than the second group, again with the exact same resume and credentials. I think WRs face this selection bias in the reverse. Berrios, Restrepo, Ibieta. Those aren't WR names.
It is real and it’s even more prominent among college basketball coaches.

It is real and it’s even more prominent among college basketball coaches.
My son has consistently run into this as an Indian basketball player. He’s playing D3 ball and that is the correct level, but his high school production and athleticism is on par with many of his AAU and high school teammates playing at bigger programs. But to most college coaches all they see is a brown skinned player who, to them, is either Indian/middle eastern/Latino. None of which have produced a lot of basketball players.
Same thing happens to East Asians And why Jeremy Lin was such a marketing phenom.

Advertisement
Advertisement
His dad says his recruitment is over. I actually believe him.

You and me both, but that's not gonna stop the mopey "it's sooooo hard to pull a Louisiana recruit out of Louisiana" crowd from manufacturing the drama from now until Signing Day.

The kid warned people to "not be a fan later", and Orgeron and Saban (or their staffs) didn't listen.

Advertisement
You and me both, but that's not gonna stop the mopey "it's sooooo hard to pull a Louisiana recruit out of Louisiana" crowd from manufacturing the drama from now until Signing Day.

The kid warned people to "not be a fan later", and Orgeron and Saban (or their staffs) didn't listen.
I mean it is extremely hard to get a Louisiana recruit but besides that we agree

Advertisement
Back