(Landon Ibieta is...) Looking like the goods!

Don’t understand the comparison to Berrios/Restrepo aside from being white. Seem like very different players

Annnnd...that's why he only has 3 stars...

NCAA/NFL scouts are obsessed with making "comparisons", i.e, this guy is the next "Named NFL Star". As such, smaller, scrappier players of a particular complexion tend to be put into the Welker-Edelman category. And don't get me wrong, Welker and Edelman were fantastic players, but many people tend to focus more on heart/hustle rather than speed/route-running as the keys to why a guy has success, thus only 3 stars for a 4-star-worthy kid.

The Bootleggers' coach calls Ibieta one of the TOP FIVE kids he has ever coached. Go back and check out who he has coached, and then we need to start asking the Rivals/247 evaluators some serious questions.

This is NOT about giving the kid a "Gaytor Bump", because he's a UM verbal. This kid's talent should get him the 4th star.

Advertisement
Annnnd...that's why he only has 3 stars...

NCAA/NFL scouts are obsessed with making "comparisons", i.e, this guy is the next "Named NFL Star". As such, smaller, scrappier players of a particular complexion tend to be put into the Welker-Edelman category. And don't get me wrong, Welker and Edelman were fantastic players, but many people tend to focus more on heart/hustle rather than speed/route-running as the keys to why a guy has success, thus only 3 stars for a 4-star-worthy kid.

The Bootleggers' coach calls Ibieta one of the TOP FIVE kids he has ever coached. Go back and check out who he has coached, and then we need to start asking the Rivals/247 evaluators some serious questions.

This is NOT about giving the kid a "Gaytor Bump", because he's a UM verbal. Thi
s kid's talent should get him the 4th star.
Correct. In the interview the coach was tripping over himself with praise about the kid. Could not even express what a good football player this kid is. Of course, every coach talks up his players but that interview was beyond just that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
His game is smooth but he has some dog in him where he fights for the ball too while absolutely having enough long speed to be a deep threat. He's also not small I think he's 6'0 now so yes he's white but he'd not just a slot wr

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back