2024 Landen Thomas

supacane

Senior
#1 TE in the nation for 2024. Was on Scoop the U show last night. Said he was in contact with Lashlee. Likes Miami, his dad was a canes fan hasnt been in touch with the new staff but he wants to. Said he inbox Fields his film. 2024 so its hopefully its not too late

Advertisement
This one of those kids where you gotta see if buddy is fr fr about his interest before you waste any time or resources on him.

Put that pressure on him and see if he's serious about a visit. Maybe even on his own dime.

I know the area, and I can absolutely see why a kid like him would be attracted to the city.

Someone with connections pass his stuff to recruiting (cooney, rumph, dvd, etc.) and fields. Plenty of time to get involved here.

Someone with connections pass his stuff to recruiting (cooney, rumph, dvd, etc.) and fields. Plenty of time to get involved here.
Thomas said he DMed Fields already, just no response. This is a head scratcher. The #1 2024 TE contacts us and no one follows up (especially suprising given he contacted Fields). This stuff happened weekly (daily?) under Dias but first report I've seen under Mario. Paul openly wondered at the end what was the staff doing in this recruitment.

When I heard this last night, I wondered if maybe there's something more going on behind the scenes here. Kid seems enamored with the $EC.

Thomas said he DMed Fields already, just no response. This is a head scratcher. The #1 2024 TE contacts us and no one follows up (especially suprising given he contacted Fields). This stuff happened weekly (daily?) under Dias but first report I've seen under Mario. Paul openly wondered at the end what was the staff doing in this recruitment.

When I heard this last night, I wondered if maybe there's something more going on behind the scenes here. Kid seems enamored with the $EC.

New phone, who dis?

Advertisement

They are really trying to get 2023 right. They are not just throwing out offers, they are doing their own evaluations. I would expect him to get an offer well before summer camp. Also they have rising Junior camps in June, if i remember correctly.

Something seems odd about not even replying to the #1 TE in the 2024 class. I'm not calling bull**** on anyone but it takes 5 seconds to reply and write, "I loved your video. when are you free to talk". Literally 5 seconds. Who would not have time for that?

Sophomore highlights. Kid made a huge leap last year from the FR clips

Advertisement

I know this might come as a shock to you but maybe we’re not focusing on a recruiting class thats 2 years away just yet.

They are really trying to get 2023 right. They are not just throwing out offers, they are doing their own evaluations. I would expect him to get an offer well before summer camp. Also they have rising Junior camps in June, if i remember correctly.
As @AtlAtty says, keep the kid warm even if you're not ready to make an offer yet. Kid is reaching out asking for an offer. Something just isn't right with this story. When it comes to recruiting, Mario doesn't ignore the #1 TE recruit in 2024 even as Napier offers and is all over him for a visit.

I know this might come as a shock to you but maybe we’re not focusing on a recruiting class thats 2 years away just yet.
We've handed out a lot of 24 offers and been in communication with others.

I'm ok with not necessarily initiating the contact first at this point in the cycle, but if the kid contacts you, what harm is there in responding?

Wow, his in-line blocking was pretty **** good. Did a good job turning the DEs and walling them off. He's not very twitchy, he kinda lumbers off the line a bit. He lacks explosiveness but if paired with another more dynamic TE recruit he could be very effective.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back