Lammons, Wilson, & Lane...Yea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so drop the influence angle. Lets not even harp on that. The kid does have talent. Maybe not enough to be a corner but I doubt he plays corner for the gators also. The kid has plus size and athleticism. I could see him playing somewhere in our defensive backfield. If Highsmith and #22 can play for us, this kid can too...

Advertisement
I want my south Florida recruits to think like this, if not, Gainesville and Tallahassee is your best option.....

1)C.Thomas99 ‏@F5_Chad

Words from my future teammate Joe Yearby, "we gone bring it back".... Only real Canes know what "it" is.

////End Thread////

Ok so drop the influence angle. Lets not even harp on that. The kid does have talent. Maybe not enough to be a corner but I doubt he plays corner for the gators also. The kid has plus size and athleticism. I could see him playing somewhere in our defensive backfield. If Highsmith and #22 can play for us, this kid can too...

Yeah he's not going to play corner for them.... you can look at the numbers and see thats obvious.

Jc Jackson/ Duke Dawson/ Chris Lammons/ Quincy Wilson/ and they are still recruiting 5 star cbs Jalen Tabor and Adoree' Jackson.

Talent isnt the issue imo b/c I think if Quincy Wilson played for BTW he wouldve had an offer a long time ago.... its something going on with UM and Uschool???

This staff isn't going to offer a kid they don't feel deserves an offer, no matter how much influence he has. Its not how they operate. I like it, some don't. Personally I think it sends a strong statement.

As players, Wilson and Lammons are meh. Lane is obviously a stud, same with Cook. Jury still out for me on Clark.

RLIII may turn out to be a player, who knows? but....lets be real....he would never have sniffed a UM offer if his name wasnt Ray Lewis. He was tiny, not particularly fast and played some of the weakest competition in florida. Clearly, someone had enough influence to procure an offer for their son

That's out of necessity.

Advertisement
A.) Wilson seems like anything but a "coal shoveler". He seems like a bit of a diva. I know it's tough to say that without having met him, but the reality is you are what you put into the world and he has come off as entitled.

B.) the more the AAU-ization of the sport proliferates, the more we are going to deal with this. As someone pointed out, all the kids from this one 7 on 7 team that happens to be coached by a UiF alum are going to the same place. It sounds like sour grapes because we lost these kids, but something weird is going on and we all know it. Lammons was essentially discovered by our staff, and yet the UiF guys are the "father figures". That isn't to knock the kid, because I actually like Lammons a lot...but there is a weird sort of legalized street agent becoming a key figure in these recruitments, and it ain't just down here. Outside of fixing the amateurism model, this is the #1 problem facing the NCAA. I'd rather lose a few studs then bring the whole program down playing ball with the guys that are taking over these AAU circuits.

C.) Lane and Cook are studs. Lammons and Clark are nice prospects that have the chance to be ballers. Wilson seems overrated. Let's keep all this in perspective. With the number of studs down here this year, and Golden's penchant for going off the radar, this was going to happen. We will fight until the end for ones we really want and if we lose out, my only really beef is that it isn't to FSU, where at least out boys can kick their *** once a year.

These power plays will work alot better when we are winning. Frankly, I think Golden see's the problem with loyalty down here, given how much competition there is for all of these recruits, and his adjustment has been to lock down the class early. He is now fully settled in and recruiting a class ahead as well. I don't expect this tradition to change, I think we've seen that stylistic shift in our recruiting strategy. We closed really well in 2012, Not so well in 2013 (not that I don't like the kids we got, but signing day was a disappointment) and I don't think Golden is the kind of guy whose intent on rolling the dice year after year.

It's not about the kids that don't come. I personally shed no tear losing a guy like Lane who half the chicken littles on here want us to take a player our staff doesn't feel UM calibur just so he likes us more. Thats some Dikryder **** and thats not what UM is or has ever been about. So those guys can go share a snuggie in cold *** Gainesville late this fall and I won't give even negatable fractions of a pennys worth of a ****.

13 Pages on how nasty KC, Yearby, Kaaya, Langham, Darling, Valentine, CT99 are or GTFO. sick of the freakin ***** envy on this board

A.) Wilson seems like anything but a "coal shoveler". He seems like a bit of a diva. I know it's tough to say that without having met him, but the reality is you are what you put into the world and he has come off as entitled.

B.) the more the AAU-ization of the sport proliferates, the more we are going to deal with this. As someone pointed out, all the kids from this one 7 on 7 team that happens to be coached by a UiF alum are going to the same place. It sounds like sour grapes because we lost these kids, but something weird is going on and we all know it. Lammons was essentially discovered by our staff, and yet the UiF guys are the "father figures". That isn't to knock the kid, because I actually like Lammons a lot...but there is a weird sort of legalized street agent becoming a key figure in these recruitments, and it ain't just down here. Outside of fixing the amateurism model, this is the #1 problem facing the NCAA. I'd rather lose a few studs then bring the whole program down playing ball with the guys that are taking over these AAU circuits.

C.) Lane and Cook are studs. Lammons and Clark are nice prospects that have the chance to be ballers. Wilson seems overrated. Let's keep all this in perspective. With the number of studs down here this year, and Golden's penchant for going off the radar, this was going to happen. We will fight until the end for ones we really want and if we lose out, my only really beef is that it isn't to FSU, where at least out boys can kick their *** once a year.

Absolutely right on all 3 accounts. LMAO at the people on this board who think the way an alumni and his prospect son should go about getting a scholarship offer is *****ing on the internet. Golden gets it. No time for that. If he came, he'd be *****ing about sitting behind any of the half dozen elite underclassmen DB's we have.

We have had comparable raw Talent, IMO, to FSU and UF in the past 20 years, including the years that we put the greatest influx of NFL talent ever to the league. The difference is the calibur of the young man you are getting. This is a place where people have reached their enormous potential, so if you are gonna be *****made and chase handouts for chump change, be my guest. The guys we put out make millions and will have great careers after their playing days are over. Some of the FSU and UF guys will and some won't, but I don't think even the biggest Gator or Nole homer could make any sort of case that they get more out of their guys at the pro level. I mean for all of UF's glory with Tebow and the 2 titles, what do they have to show for it? Percy Harvin and his frequently torn ******. Outside of that, its the worst murderer in the history of time, Riley "I'll fight every ****** in here" Cooper, and Tebow. Color me unimpressed.

14 pages n this thread is still going huh? theyre not canes so why care about them. they chose to go elsewhere so **** em and lets focus on the guys who actually have pride in their hometown

Advertisement
I know this is going to come off as sour grapes, but I'm watching Wilson's tape for the first time, and I'm just not that impressed.

He looks stiff. Doesn't change direction with much fluidity. In most of these clips, he's play 10+ yards off the line of scrimmage, or blitzing off the corner. I don't see top-tier coverage instincts or closing speed.

Maybe he's a great player and the highlights don't do him justice, but I don't think he's a big miss. Just doesn't look like a twitchy athlete to me. If he's dead-set on playing CB, he looks like a guy who's gonna have to be a mauler at the LOS.

He doesn't even look like a top-tier safety prospect to me, either. Jamal Carter's film is far more impressive than this.

I don't necessarily disagree.

My problem with missing on Wilson is that we take a lot of high-floor guys, or "coal-shovelers" to steal a Golden term. Wilson provides that along with good physical traits and an influence over top players at University and the SF High School Express. The collateral damage outweighs the risk IMO.

staff misjudged the effect again.

Had they even "recruited" Wilson.....we would be in much better shape for the main coupe which surprisingly is Ermon Lane the best wr in S.FLA.

Add to it...Wilson has been sh*ttin on um to any and everybody on sfe. That spouts down to the jr's in next yrs class.

I dont know what they see....but i definately take a Wilson over Mayes on most days.....They were all in on Lammons..till they realized that ship was sailing...I think Lammons lives with Kevin Beard...who is also one of Quincy Wilson's coaches over @ U School.

No way around it....we lost 3 good to great prospects to a bum school in gainesville.

1. that we were recruiting personally since he was a soph (No Frio on Lammons)
2. A legacy we seem to have no interest in..but plays a position of need of atleast one recruit this class (Safety-Quincy Wilson)
3. The best wr in S.FLA....who is related to a current coach.

Just on perspective it looks bad....but just mad the main coupe in Lane got away...because contrary to belief i still cant pencil in Johnnie Dixon to the canes no matter what i see in articles.

I know this is going to come off as sour grapes, but I'm watching Wilson's tape for the first time, and I'm just not that impressed.

He looks stiff. Doesn't change direction with much fluidity. In most of these clips, he's play 10+ yards off the line of scrimmage, or blitzing off the corner. I don't see top-tier coverage instincts or closing speed.

Maybe he's a great player and the highlights don't do him justice, but I don't think he's a big miss. Just doesn't look like a twitchy athlete to me. If he's dead-set on playing CB, he looks like a guy who's gonna have to be a mauler at the LOS.

He doesn't even look like a top-tier safety prospect to me, either. Jamal Carter's film is far more impressive than this.

My problem with missing on Wilson is that we take a lot of high-floor guys, or "coal-shovelers" to steal a Golden term. Wilson provides that along with good physical traits and an influence over top players at University and the SF High School Express. The collateral damage outweighs the risk IMO.

Had they even "recruited" Wilson.....we would be in much better shape for the main coupe which surprisingly is Ermon Lane the best wr in S.FLA.

Add to it...Wilson has been sh*ttin on um to any and everybody on sfe. That spouts down to the jr's in next yrs class.

I dont know what they see....but i definately take a Wilson over Mayes on most days.....They were all in on Lammons..till they realized that ship was sailing...I think Lammons lives with Kevin Beard...who is also one of Quincy Wilson's coaches over @ U School.

No way around it....we lost 3 good to great prospects to a bum school in gainesville.

2. A legacy we seem to have no interest in..but plays a position of need of atleast one recruit this class (Safety-Quincy Wilson)

Just on perspective it looks bad....but just mad the main coupe in Lane got away...because contrary to belief i still cant pencil in Johnnie Dixon to the canes no matter what i see in articles.

Wilson is more physical at this juncture, but Mayes is a MUCH more fluid athlete. It's not even close. Mayes actually has the hips to play CB (though I prefer him at Safety).

They really "shocked" the world with their announcement lulz.
Can't wait till we play ufag and put them back in their place. :neonu:

"That's a great group of guys. All I'm gonna say is south Florida football is the best. On a scale of 1 to 10 I'm going to be a positive 10 on trying to get other south Florida kids to pick Florida."

Look at this disgusting quote from Devante Phillips. Wtf is this ****. Can't wait until September 7th. Watch these traitor South Florida want to hop on the bandwagon after we kick some Gator ***.

Sellouts who should go buy a trailer in Gainesville now if they love it so much.

Advertisement

Wilson is more physical at this juncture, but Mayes is a MUCH more fluid athlete. It's not even close. Mayes actually has the hips to play CB (though I prefer him at Safety).

Mayes didn't trash UM on social media during his junior year.

Enough talking about No No Wilson and Lane.

We have a great class coming year and we are setup for our best season in a decade.

There is a lot to be excited about if you are a UM fan.

Advertisement
I don't give two ***** anymore about them, they made their decision. If they want to decommit and come here fine, if not I don't care

Lets start talking about the kids we do have. The ones who want to be CANES!

I have zero problems with kids who dream of going to Miami leaving to find something new (Sony- he made his decision and didn't drag miami along). But, to follow your "best friend" that I'm assuming you just met about 4 months ago at SFE is pretty low by Lane. Anyone who runs from competition is not a Miami Hurricane. End of story.

I get that...I really do, but do you think that the staff thought this kid wasn't worth trying to bring in as a "coal shoveler"? I think hecwould become a lockerroom issue if he wasn't starting by his sophomore year. I could be reaching, but taking a kid like Ray Jr, who you know is going to just put in work and keep his head on straight, is different from messing around with Quincy and his ego.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back