Lamar Thomas

Can someone please ask Golden when our competitors will stop being able to get their licks in? Thanks

Golden controls the attendance issue? Funny, because that issue has been around since I was a student at UM in the early '90s.

What??? When Golden was hired he made some general statement to the world that other teams needed to get their licks in while they can, I'm just curious as to when this will stop. If we kicked Louisville's *** on Monday night do you think Lamar sends out that tweet?

Advertisement
You guys cant be serious with this **** when half of you (if not all) have spent the last 2 days basically hoping Al dies in a plane crash (along with Dno and Coley) so that we can go hire Butch. Get a life. This man should be happy. They have dominated us the past THREE times we have met. And with a roster full of south florida kids.

We have more important things to worry about then what Lamar Thomas is tweeting. Good luck to him the rest of the way. They will need it. He will find out soon enough that no top tier recruits want to play for UL. So its a moot point anyway.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Miami 2013 average attendance - 53,837

Louisville 2013 average attendance - 52,914

We draw fans, that's why I, along w/ sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many other fans, were on board w/ getting w/ Beckham if he was able to compromise and get a 45-50k stadium built. UL plays in a way smaller stadium that's college friendly. We play in a NFL stadium some 30 miles away in traffic that holds 70k+. Heck yeah we're going to look half filled. We need a stadium that fits 45-50k on average and we too would rock out. But ofcourse our Admin would never do this.

I'm sure you guys get all uppity when james coley negatively recruits fsu, his alma mater!!
Has Cooley negative recruited FSU publicly?

what the **** is the difference? negative recruiting is negative recruiting.

Coley attending FSU as a student isn't the same as LT playing at Miami. It's not even comparable.

yeah it is. you've got to be kidding me. your alma mater is your alma mater. not to mention coley coached at his alma mater. you probably don't get it because you never spent a day in a UM classroom.

If you don't think other coaches aren't using this ridiculous stadium against us you're delusional. I'm not mad at Lamar. He deserves to talk ****.

I'm sure you guys get all uppity when james coley negatively recruits fsu, his alma mater!!
Has Cooley negative recruited FSU publicly?

what the **** is the difference? negative recruiting is negative recruiting.

Coley attending FSU as a student isn't the same as LT playing at Miami. It's not even comparable.

yeah it is. you've got to be kidding me. your alma mater is your alma mater. not to mention coley coached at his alma mater. you probably don't get it because you never spent a day in a UM classroom.

Plenty of Miami fans went to FSU or Florida. Or any other university.

Advertisement
Better things to do in Miami.

We draw fans, that's why I, along w/ sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many other fans, were on board w/ getting w/ Beckham if he was able to compromise and get a 45-50k stadium built. UL plays in a way smaller stadium that's college friendly. We play in a NFL stadium some 30 miles away in traffic that holds 70k+. Heck yeah we're going to look half filled. We need a stadium that fits 45-50k on average and we too would rock out. But ofcourse our Admin would never do this.

I'm sure you guys get all uppity when james coley negatively recruits fsu, his alma mater

my god man has a job to do. can't blame him for pointing out our pathetic attendance!!

Coach Coley has south Florida roots and grew up a Canes fan. Admitted himself.

And as for Lamar. Not too happy about it, but he is also coaching somewhere else, but you would be crazy to think Lamar doesn't love the U still. Lot of former canes frustrated. I don't blame him for what he did.

Miami_Crowd_SunLife.jpeg

There are supposedly 39,345 fans in this picture.

Advertisement
It's south Florida... win and the fans will show up.

The OB held 70k + and used to be rockin even for Long Beach State, FAMU, etc etc. Maybe not capacity, but respectable crowds most of the time. Especially night games on tv were almost always full in the late 80s, 90s, early 00s.

Advertisement
Back