Lamar speaks about UM WRs

• Thread starter Deleted member 25719
  • Start date
His better half is from Ytown and he has spent plenty of time here. G conducted QB Camps at my kids high school for 4 years and brought Bernie and Dors in each year along with Dre King to work with WRs. I grew up with Bobby and Mike (Mark was the baby)so that is the Stoops connection with Gino. If you follow boxing, Ray Boom Boom Mancini was a neighbor. Great town in the day. BTW One of the all-time great names in hurricane history is from Youngstown Ohio, JC Penny
Met Mancini at an appearance when I was in high school. I’ve also met Kelly “The Ghost” Pavlik at his first fight, which I attended, and I think he’s also from there.

Advertisement
His better half is from Ytown and he has spent plenty of time here. G conducted QB Camps at my kids high school for 4 years and brought Bernie and Dors in each year along with Dre King to work with WRs. I grew up with Bobby and Mike (Mark was the baby)so that is the Stoops connection with Gino. If you follow boxing, Ray Boom Boom Mancini was a neighbor. Great town in the day. BTW One of the all-time great names in hurricane history is from Youngstown Ohio, JC Penny
Mancini was a great fighter tough as nails.

Lamar was a good player but i'll never forget George teague walking him down and stripping the ball from him fam.

Advertisement
Some of you guys sound like the parent who blames the teacher because their kid never studies or does the homework and then fails the class. If Harley was being honest about the upperclassmen not staying after practice and putting in the extra effort, that’s 100% on them. The coaches can’t hold their hands and drag them back on the field after practice is over. The NCAA literally limits the time they can be with the players. If players don’t want to do extra work to get better, it’s their own fault. Not to mention these kids aren’t 18 year old freshmen. Harley has been here 4 years and Pope and Wiggins for three. They should not need to be told what to do like babies. Although maybe they don’t know any better. It it like Duggans or Stubblefield were any good.

Mancini was a great fighter tough as nails.
The Kim fight was a tragedy and Raymond was never the same fighter. My wife and I were at the fight, outdoor at Caeser’s, brutal fight. Had a mass the next morning at the Trop and Boom was devastated. Never fully got over it, sad on many fronts. BTW, coached Raymond in class B baseball, 16-18 great center fielders and very good hitter.

Someone doesn’t watch the games .Even with a better QB our WR’s might be the group worst ever here.
How do you know that they weren't before? Hasn't everyone said Osborne was the best WR the instant he stepped foot on campus? Maybe because of the QB play and Enos' scheme they were irrelevant.

The Kim fight was a tragedy and Raymond was never the same fighter. My wife and I were at the fight, outdoor at Caeser’s, brutal fight. Had a mass the next morning at the Trop and Boom was devastated. Never fully got over it, sad on many fronts. BTW, coached Raymond in class B baseball, 16-18 great center fielders and very good hitter.
It had to be tough on him. He had to have good hand eye coordination and good handspeed so he had to be a good hitter.

Advertisement
In regards to what. No details, just type of situations.
The insecurity of our AD and HC is not how you develop an elite program. Look at the staff and tell me who belongs in an elite program? They had a chance to get a guy to help develop a football program and the panicked. Anyone who thinks Ed wasn’t a PR move has no idea. He isn’t even in town at times.

It had to be tough on him. He had to have good hand eye coordination and good handspeed so he had to be a good hitter.
Great athlete. Hit a 2 run HR to win the Connie Mack regional over Cincinnati Midland Redskins, top team in the country. Griffey Jr came thru that operation. Believe it or not, great point guard, although short, handle and vision was superb. Funny story, A buddy of mine who is the head basketball coach at Cardinal Mooney high school And Ramen was in line to be the starting point guard is a sophomore. Before practice he had a meeting with my buddy told him he was going to concentrate on boxing and decided to quit the basketball team. My buddy asked him “what in the **** are you going to do a boxing” The rest is history. Solid kid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great athlete. Hit a 2 run HR to win the Connie Mack regional over Cincinnati Midland Redskins, top team in the country. Griffey Jr came thru that operation. Believe it or not, great point guard, although short, handle and vision was superb. Funny story, A buddy of mine who is the head basketball coach at Cardinal Mooney high school And Ramen was in line to be the starting point guard is a sophomore. Before practice he had a meeting with my buddy told him he was going to concentrate on boxing and decided to quit the basketball team. My buddy asked him “what in the **** are you going to do a boxing” Tge rest is history. Solid kid.
Crazy story but he probably wouldnt have killed anyone playing baseball. Your buddy probably wasnt Don king.

Advertisement
Why does Likens keep getting a pass here?
Our WR Corps is arguably one of the worst in history they haven’t improved and now they are just now trying ?
You can't force players to stay after practice or even suggest it. That's an NCAA violation. So, it's not on the coach, but you can reward those putting in extra effort with playing time.

Some of you guys sound like the parent who blames the teacher because their kid never studies or does the homework and then fails the class. If Harley was being honest about the upperclassmen not staying after practice and putting in the extra effort, that’s 100% on them. The coaches can’t hold their hands and drag them back on the field after practice is over. The NCAA literally limits the time they can be with the players. If players don’t want to do extra work to get better, it’s their own fault. Not to mention these kids aren’t 18 year old freshmen. Harley has been here 4 years and Pope and Wiggins for three. They should not need to be told what to do like babies. Although maybe they don’t know any better. It it like Duggans or Stubblefield were any good.
This, 100%. Sounds like the light went for Harley.

Advertisement
I'm a baseball coach and 9 times out of 10 I can tell how the games gonna go just by watching my kids warm up. I can scream at them at practice, I can smash the ball at them, and I can make them run poles until they puke. What I can't do is make them listen, not side step the ball, or make the discipline bad enough that it carries over. I can't beat them, I can't throw them in a lake, and I can't lock them in a broom closet. The kids have got to want to get better and excel past normal practice growth. Practice makes you perfect is bull****.. perfect practice make you perfect. Players have to accept coaching and be willing to put in the work. The days of woody hayes punching kids are over. Today kids have cameras in their pockets and the ability to just go somewhere else. You can say let them go or bench them all you want but you aren't the coach who sees what the other kids are doing in practice and you certainly aren't the coach who's job is on the line. There's more to an offense than just run up and then out and wait for the ball to make a catch. You have no idea why the other players aren't starting over guys who aren't putting in extra work.
It's way too early to blame a position coach for wrs that have sucked for several years. Three years into college and you can't get separation and catch the ball? That's 100% on the player.

Shut the fvck up. Lamar was playing through a knee injury at that time. A healthy Lamar Thomas is NEVER caught from behind by slow-a$$ George Teague.
Pound for pound LT was as tough as anyone and that is from guys that played with him for 5 seasons. Combine that with his passion and you have a true Hurricane.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back