Lamar speaks about UM WRs

• Thread starter Deleted member 25719
  • Start date
Advertisement
Why does Likens keep getting a pass here?
Our WR Corp is arguably one of the worst in history they havenā€™t improved and now they are just now trying ?
Iā€™m guessing because they were crap for Dugans. Iā€™ll give them a pass for this year but next year I need to see something from these young guys.

Actually I want to start seeing something from the young guys towards the end of the year with one of them replacing Wiggins.

Disappointing if true that they were doing the minimum...

ive said it before but having KJ on this team this year would legit have took the offense to that next level with a consistent pair of hands who got open

It's WR corpS.

corps
/kƓr/

noun

a main subdivision of an armed force in the field, consisting of two or more divisions.
"the 5th Army Corps"

a branch of a military organization assigned to a particular kind of work.
"the U.S. Army Medical Corps"

a body of people engaged in a particular activity.
"the press corps"
ā€œCorpseā€ imo. But agree, Likens deserves more time as does Lashlee and Justice.

The other side of the ball tough... not so much.

Advertisement
All he wanted was an interview, not like we found another Hubbard Alexander. Manny and Blake fear our past, believe me. Ed was a PR move to calm the waters. Sharks are still circling.
My recollection from posts on this board prior to you joining is that heā€™s absolutely trashed us on the recruiting trail. Are you aware of this assertion?

My recollection from posts on this board prior to you joining is that heā€™s absolutely trashed us on the recruiting trail. Are you aware of this assertion?
Recruiting is a business and everyone has their tricks. I know when he was at Louisville UM fans thought he was not very complimentary of the state of Miami football and he wasnā€™t wrong. If you call that ā€œtrashingā€ i guess heā€™s guilty. When Mark hired him at UK his approach continued. It was not anything that doesnā€™t happen in the business. Hereā€™s one for you RVA, Mark Stoops got hired in 2001 when Butch left for Cleveland and Chuck went with him to coach the secondary. Randy needed a DB coach and was searching and hereā€™s what happened. Mark was at Houston coaching DBs and could not get an interview. Gino found out, called Randy with a strong endorsement (Ytown connection with Bobby, Mike and a few others), and ā€œMeechā€ had the job in 2 days. Mark Stoops was one of our finest position coaches in the last 20 years. The talent he had didnā€™t hurt! He used to have this old Pontiac Lemans convertible and he used to drive Ed, Sean and the boys around campus and the beach!

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Had the misfortune of attending that game, what a miserable experience
Right in front of me. One of the worst plays in UM history, along with Vinnyā€™s last pick to seal that ā€˜87 Fiesta Bowl for Penn State (also right in front of me).

God bless him and GOD **** the rotten NFLU culture of complacency and me-first.

Ewe due realeyes that pudding in extra work after practice is totally on da players and knot the coaches rite?
That might be it. Eating sweet desserts might add too many calories. Maybe their overwait and canā€™t jump for the ball in games. Why pudding? I donā€™t know. There are desserts better than pudding.

Advertisement
Right in front of me. One of the worst plays in UM history, along with Vinnyā€™s last pick to seal that ā€˜87 Fiesta Bowl for Penn State (also right in front of me).
I was in that corner pocket of the Superdome too. It felt cool to be there at 11 years old but my childhood ended on that dreadful night in New Orleans. Had never seen Miami lose in person until then and was shocked beyond the capacity for rational thought.

Recruiting is a business and everyone has their tricks. I know when he was at Louisville UM fans thought he was not very complimentary of the state of Miami football and he wasnā€™t wrong. If you call that ā€œtrashingā€ i guess heā€™s guilty. When Mark hired him at UK his approach continued. It was not anything that doesnā€™t happen in the business. Hereā€™s one for you RVA, Mark Stoops got hired in 2001 when Butch left for Cleveland and Chuck went with him to coach the secondary. Randy needed a DB coach and was searching and hereā€™s what happened. Mark was at Houston coaching DBs and could not get an interview. Gino found out, called Randy with a strong endorsement (Ytown connection with Bobby, Mike and a few others), and ā€œMeechā€ had the job in 2 days. Mark Stoops was one of our finest position coaches in the last 20 years. The talent he had didnā€™t hurt! He used to have this old Pontiac Lemans convertible and he used to drive Ed, Sean and the boys around campus and the beach!
Whatā€™s with Gino and Youngstown? Heā€™s from California. I know Bernieā€™s from there - Boardman. Is Ginoā€™s connection there through Bernie? Does Gino spend time there?

Advertisement
These older players need to wash the JT4 **** out of their system, it may be too late for Harley/pope/Wiggins. I pray Payton can come around, he has all the tangibles to be a great WR. These guys need to be staying late every practice first with DJ/blades to work on press coverage situations, getting off the ball. Then hit the jugs for about 150-200 balls, daily, each.

Lamar................tell them....
You got to put in the work, in order to separate............that is reality.....
All they wanted is the U on there helmets and NEVER listened to what the U means from The Playmaker and from many others.

Now or WR are known as GO THRU THE MOTIONS and the NFL KNOWS IT.

They need to be purged and they will be, theyā€™re infested with mediocrity.

GOCANES

Whatā€™s with Gino and Youngstown? Heā€™s from California. I know Bernieā€™s from there - Boardman. Is Ginoā€™s connection there through Bernie? Does Gino spend time there?
His better half is from Ytown and he has spent plenty of time here. G conducted QB Camps at my kids high school for 4 years and brought Bernie and Dors in each year along with Dre King to work with WRs. I grew up with Bobby and Mike (Mark was the baby)so that is the Stoops connection with Gino. If you follow boxing, Ray Boom Boom Mancini was a neighbor. Great town in the day. BTW One of the all-time great names in hurricane history is from Youngstown Ohio, JC Penny

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back