Lamar speaks about UM WRs

• Thread starter Deleted member 25719
  • Start date
I agree with you. However, I would also point out that our WORST drops have been in situations where guys are wide open, and not distracted by "tracking a deep ball" or "traffic".

Even if JUGS work doesn't fix everything, it certainly will focus them on squeezing the goddam ball when it hits them in the hands.
Idk about you but I’ve yet to see jugs help guys create separation consistently.
Was deep enough to make a freshman WR upset about it.
who dat?

Advertisement
Idk about you but I’ve yet to see jugs help guys create separation consistently.

who dat?

You do realize, different drills focus on different skills.

They need to be doing JUGS work to address the wide-open drops. "Creating separation" is a different issue.

Come on, man.

If our guys caught all of the easy, wide-open passes that they have dropped, we would have 60% less "guys can't get separation" whining.

Then why aren't they getting on the field? I agree with you and I love the mentality of the young guys, but something aint right if they arent getting on.
Restrepo and Redding were set to get more pt last game. Payton played more than normal. Tbh I don’t see the staff benching starting vets no matter How good or bad they play. At least until I see different.

Advertisement
Restrepo and Redding were set to get more pt last game. Payton played more than normal. Tbh I don’t see the staff benching starting vets no matter How good or bad they play. At least until I see different.
Then this staff are ********. All that does is tell those guys putting in more work to put in less work for the same amount of PT. I get it needs to come from within to an extent, but this is also why **** keeps perpetuating. We reward mediocrity, laziness, and stupidity.

Then this staff are ********. All that does is tell those guys putting in more work to put in less work for the same amount of PT. I get it needs to come from within to an extent, but this is also why **** keeps perpetuating. We reward mediocrity, laziness, and stupidity.

You realize they were going to get more time, except for medical or Covid reasons they were held out

You realize they were going to get more time, except for medical or Covid reasons they were held out
Keyshawn Smith played and got 3 snaps, while Dee Wiggins got over 70. Based off of Harley’s quote, this was the first week they didn’t do the bare minimum, so how about those weeks before the Virginia game? This staff overemphasizes experience when the reality is these upperclassmen do not demonstrate the qualities that experience is supposed to develop - leadership, intelligence and physicality.

Advertisement
Nope. Jugs at practice with nobody around are not helping kids track a deep ball, make plays in traffic etc bruh. These kids need confidence more than anything rn.
I seen pope drop screens... not deep balls. Jugs definitely help with concentration and helps them by putting a ball in your hand. You have to catch couple 100 balls a day If you want to be great fam.

Hasn’t Lamar been let go from every job he’s been at including announcing?

Sorry not going to take his expert opinion seriously if

Had the misfortune of attending that game, what a miserable experience
I was there too..made me sick..good thing I live there and had a short ride home even though I thought about driving off the causeway bridge on the way home..

Advertisement
Hasn’t Lamar been let go from every job he’s been at including announcing?

Sorry not going to take his expert opinion seriously if
Doesn’t take a football savant to see that our WR’s need extra work and if they aren’t getting enough work AT practice then they need to stay late..

Keyshawn Smith played and got 3 snaps, while Dee Wiggins got over 70. Based off of Harley’s quote, this was the first week they didn’t do the bare minimum, so how about those weeks before the Virginia game? This staff overemphasizes experience when the reality is these upperclassmen do not demonstrate the qualities that experience is supposed to develop - leadership, intelligence and physicality.

OK, bear with me for a moment.

I get that Wiggins had a lot of snap counts. Only SIX of our WRs even played (thanks, Covid). But Wiggins was not frequently targeted. In some ways, I am fine with having Lashlee tell Wiggins to run 50 yard go routes on every single snap, even the inside RPOs, if it will take at least one defensive back out of the picture.

But, yeah, I'd like to see Keyshawn play more too.

We are feast/famine with WR experience right now. We have three guys who know how to line up and run the plays, and then we have a bunch of freshmen.

And, yeah, I know he's a TE and not a WR, but that Mammarelli penalty was emblematic of the problem with the freshmen having such little practice time this off-season. The kid didn't even recognize that you can't have two wideouts up on the line. Illegal formation.

Advertisement
OK, bear with me for a moment.

I get that Wiggins had a lot of snap counts. Only SIX of our WRs even played (thanks, Covid). But Wiggins was not frequently targeted. In some ways, I am fine with having Lashlee tell Wiggins to run 50 yard go routes on every single snap, even the inside RPOs, if it will take at least one defensive back out of the picture.

But, yeah, I'd like to see Keyshawn play more too.

We are feast/famine with WR experience right now. We have three guys who know how to line up and run the plays, and then we have a bunch of freshmen.

And, yeah, I know he's a TE and not a WR, but that Mammarelli penalty was emblematic of the problem with the freshmen having such little practice time this off-season. The kid didn't even recognize that you can't have two wideouts up on the line. Illegal formation.
Agree 100% with the last point. I think there was another chunk play where we almost lined up incorrectly but Pope yelled until the guy got off the line.

However, I have to disagree with the first. For one, Smith actually gets separation when running deep. If the sole purpose of Wiggins is to run 50 yards, then we may as well give Smith the experience to do things like line up correctly.

But that aside, Wiggins had 78 snaps and did absolutely nothing either receiving or blocking. Other WR counts - Harley with 66, Pope with 60, Payton with 23, and Few with 4. If Wiggins was on the field for 78 snaps and wasn’t targeted much, the most obvious reason is he can’t get open. That snap count is completely unjustified by the results.

Advertisement
Back