Lamar declares for NFL

pcitycane

Retired staff
Premium
officially. even though we all knew about this over a week ago. but its official now. enter the DUKE.:stormwarning:

Advertisement
Whelp, our three biggest weapons are now gone from what was a pretty mediocre offense to begin with.

Morris or Williams is going to obviously need to step up but the skill positions suddenly look pretty thin. I don't see a potential #1 receiver on our roster and as much as I like Clements, he's not on Millers level.

Some of these freshmen are going to need to hit the ground running.

Advertisement
I hope he balls in the league... Go get em Lamar!!! That being said, we'll be a back by committee next year... I dont think we'll pass much but I believe we'll be an effective ball control offense...

This means that Miami likely will be bringing in an extra RB for 2012 yes?

Yeah I'm thinking Wes Brown, Duke, and Dillard, depending on what they want to do if Garmon commits.

Think we are gonna land Brown though.

This also opens up another slot.

Would have loved for Miller to have stayed, but if there is an upside, it's that we have one more available slot to fill.

I have a really good feeling that Duke is going to step in and make a serious contribution as a true Freshman. We still have Clements and James so I feel like we will be alright at RB.

Advertisement
Storm did this in HS as well. No real shocker here. Lamar is doing what he has to do, I just hope Duke makes a big of a splash as we hope.

I see Clements more as a SCAT bank honestly, use him in swing, arrow, corner, and flat routes, with an occasional wheel route. Mix him up in the slot, have him come down in motion, get him the ball in space. I hope that Duke is ready to go, but I'm not putting my money all in on a true freshman getting 20 carries a game. I think you start him with about 10 carries, kick those tires, and hope he adjusts well to the speed of the college game. And by speed, I'm not talking specifically about his burst or acceleration, but his lateral quickness, his vision to see a hole before it opens, as well as his anticipation. Hope he translates well to the college game! I've got tremendous confidence that he will!

Advertisement
James Andrews approves this message and has an appointment block set up just for Mr. Miller.

Duke is the most highly anticipated recruit in a long time. He kinda feels like a savior.

Advertisement
I think out his decision in a bit of reverse. The hang it up year for a RB in the NFL is about 30, and that if stellar backs. Backs in the first round are becoming more rare. Spending an extra year in college versus the league is counter productive in 2 ways. 1. Less time between year X and 30 and one year less in the new rookie 4 year contract. Getting the 4 years out of the way earlier before 30 nets more money for an NFL back.
For this reason, good luck Miller, rep us well.

Advertisement
Back