Lamar declares for NFL

Advertisement
No brainer decision. Good luck Lamar. He won't get out of the 2nd round, he's going to do some things at the combine/workouts

I bet Storm Johnson is kicking himself in the *** right now.

Big mistake on his part

now that Godfrey is on his way out storm probably has some regrets, kind of feel bad for him

And judging by the reports about his off-field behavior he would have likely been shown the door anyway. Kid has million dollar talent and a ten cent brain.

This is not as big a deal as Streeter since we are so thin at WR. I will be interested to see where he goes, but given the way RB's are chewed up in the NFL, I doubt he'll go before the 2nd round. Even still, that is high enough where I can see this decision making sense.

I think if motivated he may do well. He really tailed off after a great start and looked very ordinary at times, but the potential is certainly there.

officially. even though we all knew about this over a week ago. but its official now. enter the DUKE.:stormwarning:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Glad you got it.

If he's a 2nd round pick, odds are that he won't be a millionaire right off the bat. The new CBA and all that drove rookie #'s down substantially. He'll have a decent signing bonus, but at least 40-45% will go taxes, his agent will take a chunk and after he buys the obligatory toys/houses he probably won't be as well off as you seem to think.

And lets not mention the possibility of his shoulder injury being a real issue. I can see why in that case he'd want to leave since his chances of having a long career aren't great but the counter to that is if he does get hurt in year 1 or 2, he has no degree to fall back on. Sure, he can always go back and finish up..I get that.

But debating things on here isn't worth the effort. People see things differently.

I love the no brainer comments. SMH. What I wouldn't give to have one more year of college.

No brainer decision. Good luck Lamar. He won't get out of the 2nd round, he's going to do some things at the combine/workouts

school work + earning no money + playing on a mediocre college team >>> being a millionaire

Got it

Point is the kid has a bum shoulder and RB's have a much shorter shel life in the NFL. It made sense for him to leave for the NFL now even if he does slide into the 2nd round.

The NFL's views of RB's isn't going to change going into the 2013 draft so there would be a lot of risk for Miller in going back to school and getting injured. He has break away ability and can also contribute in the return game, someone will take a chance on him at the end of round 1. Unless his medical report is worse than we thought.

The kid spent half his time on the DL here. He has no choice but to go pro. An NFL GM would have to have balls of steel to draft him high, given he's as fragile as fine china and runs like a 175lb back, not the 210lb back he is.

Advertisement
He can always come back to school if things dont work out... I believe Shala has some type of program created for former athletes who do not get their degree... If they're close to graduating they can come back to UM and receive their degree for free... This is not a bad decision... His hype would not improve it would either drop or stay the same...
Glad you got it.

If he's a 2nd round pick, odds are that he won't be a millionaire right off the bat. The new CBA and all that drove rookie #'s down substantially. He'll have a decent signing bonus, but at least 40-45% will go taxes, his agent will take a chunk and after he buys the obligatory toys/houses he probably won't be as well off as you seem to think.

And lets not mention the possibility of his shoulder injury being a real issue. I can see why in that case he'd want to leave since his chances of having a long career aren't great but the counter to that is if he does get hurt in year 1 or 2, he has no degree to fall back on. Sure, he can always go back and finish up..I get that.

But debating things on here isn't worth the effort. People see things differently.

I love the no brainer comments. SMH. What I wouldn't give to have one more year of college.

school work + earning no money + playing on a mediocre college team >>> being a millionaire

Got it

Advertisement
Back