Lakeland

Im putting my money on MNW. Like a quarter of that team or more will eventually play D1. Also dont sleep on Palmetto which has one of the best defenses in the entire country IMO and still young

Advertisement
One strength Lakeland has is community support. Every little league and middle school team in that town runs what LHS does. It's veer system and they run it like clockwork.

They use other schools in the area as development/feeder schools as well. If a kid is a Freshmen or Soph stud, bet your *** LHS is going to come calling. There was a QB at Kathleen that started his Fresh/Soph/Jr years there and transferred to LHS for his Sr year lol. This was back in the 80's, Shane Willis I believe was his name. They had Wayne Peace repeat 8th grade so he could grow more physically mature and start four years (he ended up at UF too).

The recruit the **** out of other schools and do it with impunity. If they recruit a kid and he gets suspended over it, oh well...they just plug another and roll on.

Advertisement
How far do people think STA will fall?? Reload, no?

They have reloaded talent wise already. There coaching or head man/offensive coaching leaves alot to be desired.

They got transfers from American Heritage...seems like a lot of kids hightailing out of there. STA is still loaded top to bottom

How far do people think STA will fall?? Reload, no?
STA will have a really good Defense this year with all the players they landed & their OL is pretty deep, but their main issue is they've had subpar QB play for the last few years.

They usually just beat teams due to having a significant talent advantage over everybody they play, but in the instances where they play a team with equal level talent they have a much harder time.

They'll still be a good team, but they're not the invincible force they once were, they can be beat.

Im putting my money on MNW. Like a quarter of that team or more will eventually play D1. Also dont sleep on Palmetto which has one of the best defenses in the entire country IMO and still young
Palmetto can amass all the talent in the world, and NEVER win a championship

Advertisement
STA will have a really good Defense this year with all the players they landed & their OL is pretty deep, but their main issue is they've had subpar QB play for the last few years.

They usually just beat teams due to having a significant talent advantage over everybody they play, but in the instances where they play a team with equal level talent they have a much harder time.

They'll still be a good team, but they're not the invincible force they once were, they can be beat.
I know it's been a minute since Wesley Carroll was leading the Raiders. (Heartbreak at the goal line) But they have had QBs transfer in over the years, just seems like they need the coaching the staff doesn't have. The kid from Michigan is a prime example.
I find it interesting that the most player-coveted school in Broward (possibly the SoFla region) can't recruit a halfway decent QB. Decent for SoFla standards even.

One strength Lakeland has is community support. Every little league and middle school team in that town runs what LHS does. It's veer system and they run it like clockwork.

They use other schools in the area as development/feeder schools as well. If a kid is a Freshmen or Soph stud, bet your *** LHS is going to come calling. There was a QB at Kathleen that started his Fresh/Soph/Jr years there and transferred to LHS for his Sr year lol. This was back in the 80's, Shane Willis I believe was his name. They had Wayne Peace repeat 8th grade so he could grow more physically mature and start four years (he ended up at UF too).

The recruit the **** out of other schools and do it with impunity. If they recruit a kid and he gets suspended over it, oh well...they just plug another and roll on.
You don't say ...

Lake Gibson QB did the same thing a few years ago. Literally was a 2-3 year starter, led them to state where they lost to CC..transferred to Lakeland for his senior year. CRAZY

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lakeland is very talented but very simple offense. Last year Lakeland team might as well have been an All Polk team they had kids from Winter Haven, Auburndale, Ridge, and other Lakeland schools luke George Jenkins, Kleen and Lake Gibson

Advertisement
Back