Lakeland

He's a Mike LB, but they also move him around to play OLB sometimes too.

We got EJ III from Jackson to be the next OLB/Rush End & we were supposed to be getting DE Wati Huggins back in Feb who had 17 sacks for BTW, but Idk if he's actually transferred yet.

They'll have Kamren Kinchens playing Rover & Delancy at FS (but he plays CB too), plus Keane Lewis, Damarcus Fleming & Winsome Frazier Jr all play DB/S as well. They'll have Tim Burns, Antwan Massie playing CB, Chaz Smith was supposed to be a Corner too but he transferred this Spring to North Miami.

Terrell Torrence will be playing both OG & NT manning the middle of the Defensive front, plus Marquan Robinson will get his chance to be another pass rusher on the edge with EJ.

On Offense, we got Kemani Brown last year originally a Hallandale kid, he sat behind Velez & learned the offense, he doesn't have a big arm but has legit 4.5 speed & can run really well, so they'll probably use him similar to what they did with Tutu Atwell.

But the offense will be based on around getting the ball to Brinson & Brantley, then let Nathan Noel & Andre Stringfield do their thing in the run game.
Fleming brinson and Brantley are a nasty group

Advertisement
Do you think Gibbons can escape that Region? I read that 4A actually doesnt have districts just regions 1-4.

Also that Gibbons vs Gulliver Prep game is like a 2 hour commute correct?
They won't have to actually play Gully this year unless it's in the playoffs. They do play MNW first game of the season in August & they also play North Miami this year too. The rest of their games will be in Ft. Lauderdale.

Central is 6A this year

Just from looking at 5A

You have MNW, AH, Rockledge, Godby, Wakulla, Baker County, North Marion, Chamberlain, Tampa Jesuit. There is some Heavy hitters in 5A.

They won't have to actually play Gully this year unless it's in the playoffs. They do play MNW first game of the season in August & they also play North Miami this year too. The rest of their games will be in Ft. Lauderdale.

What do you think about the new classifications? Just from looking over the new districts and regions

5A-8A all look like beasts and should lead to some very exciting Playoffs instead of 7A which seems like its only going to be STA vs Lakeland again.

Advertisement
Is that a legit pipeline though? I know we had that historic 08 (I think) MNW class but it seems like every elite Lakeland player is going to UF

There is a real good chance Miami signs 9 kids from the 2 schools in the next 2 classes.

Advertisement
He's a Mike LB, but they also move him around to play OLB sometimes too.

We got EJ III from Jackson to be the next OLB/Rush End & we were supposed to be getting DE Wati Huggins back in Feb who had 17 sacks for BTW, but Idk if he's actually transferred yet.

They'll have Kamren Kinchens playing Rover & Delancy at FS (but he plays CB too), plus Keane Lewis, Damarcus Fleming & Winsome Frazier Jr all play DB/S as well. They'll have Tim Burns, Antwan Massie playing CB, Chaz Smith was supposed to be a Corner too but he transferred this Spring to North Miami.

Terrell Torrence will be playing both OG & NT manning the middle of the Defensive front, plus Marquan Robinson will get his chance to be another pass rusher on the edge with EJ.

On Offense, we got Kemani Brown last year originally a Hallandale kid, he sat behind Velez & learned the offense, he doesn't have a big arm but has legit 4.5 speed & can run really well, so they'll probably use him similar to what they did with Tutu Atwell.

But the offense will be based on around getting the ball to Fleming, Brinson & Brantley, then let Nathan Noel & Andre Stringfield do their thing in the run game.

i think the qb gonna be a kid from Champanat

Advertisement
i think the qb gonna be a kid from Champanat
Kemani Brown is the QB, he was originally at Hallandale, then went to CC for a year & transferred to MNW last year. He started & looked the best in the Spring game vs Atlantic 2 weeks ago.

Jaden Williams is the Champagnat kid you're talking about, he transferred to Norland back in the Spring.

Didnt MNW used to be of the highest classification? 6A/8A depending on what was the highest at the time.

Advertisement
How do the Dreadnaughts stack up against the Carol City's, Booker T's and Northwestern's of Dade County?
Just as talented, better coached, and much more disciplined. Also, benefit from playing together as players are not jumping schools
every two weeks.

I know that but I just find it a coincidence that when we lose a prospect to UF or FSU that alot of times they have qualifying issues in May and June or sometimes, dont even get eligible.
Never have eligibility problems coming out of MDCPS - wonder why that is ?

Lakeland could be the best in the state, but they could also lose an inexplicable game out of nowhere to end their playoff run. They had several 10-0 seasons in the 90s that ended this way. And of course, the the 2-0 vs. Haines City that ended their LONG regular season winning streak.

Advertisement
Back