Lakeland

Advertisement
Always good. a lot depends on what the oveall talent level is in the Lakeland area. Coach Castle is a good HS football coach, but not always a good person. Let's just say that Gator$ have always had a strong influence there. Maybe that will change with Clem$on in the game, but don't count out a UF Orange grove or auto delership alumni making a last minute higher bid. Don't count on any player on that team that the Gators want actually heading south. If we offer their third string punt snapper, we may have a chance, LOL.

Advertisement
They're one of the best, idk if they're the absolute best. They went undefeated & beat STA last year pretty handily in the State title game though.

I don't think there's one team necessarily that's the hands down best, it all depends on collection of talent & how well coached each team is.

I would say Lakeland, Gibbons, MNW, Columbus & Chaminade are all in the discussion for best in the state.

They're one of the best, idk if they're the absolute best. They went undefeated & beat STA last year pretty handily in the State title game though.

I don't think there's one team necessarily that's the hands down best, it all depends on collection of talent & how well coached each team is.

I would say Lakeland, Gibbons, MNW, Columbus & Chaminade are all in the discussion for best in the state.
I think its mnw by a good bit. I dont see them come close to losing this season

I think its mnw by a good bit. I dont see them come close to losing this season
In terms of pure talent The West is easily one of the best in state, the question for us will be how quickly the new QB adjusts/steps up & who steps up to fill the pass rushing void left by Sam Brooks.

Last year the team started off slow, but then once the QB settled in & Defense started playing at its peak we went on a run with a 7 game win streak.

With the talent we got on Offense & arguably one of the strongest young secondaries & Defense overall in South Fla, we should definitely hit the ground running & go for the 3 peat this year.

Advertisement
In terms of pure talent The West is easily one of the best in state, the question for us will be how quickly the new QB adjusts/steps up & who steps up to fill the pass rushing void left by Sam Brooks.

Last year the team started off slow, but then once the QB settled in & Defense started playing at its peak we went on a run with a 7 game win streak.

With the talent we got on Offense & arguably one of the strongest young secondaries & Defense overall in South Fla, we should definitely hit the ground running & go for the 3 peat this year.
What is Terrance playing. I think if u let him play mlb he will make the lack of experienced and proven pass rushers life easier. Let him blitz and cause havoc on run plays the other guys will get one on one. And the new QB looked good on 7 v 7

Last edited:

If u let kitchens and Terrance man the middle. God bless anyone who comes across

Always good. a lot depends on what the oveall talent level is in the Lakeland area. Coach Castle is a good HS football coach, but not always a good person. Let's just say that Gator$ have always had a strong influence there. Maybe that will change with Clem$on in the game, but don't count out a UF Orange grove or auto delership alumni making a last minute higher bid. Don't count on any player on that team that the Gators want actually heading south. If we offer their third string punt snapper, we may have a chance, LOL.

I dont really care about all that.

And the only reason I believe they got Zip and Summerall is they would have had a hard to getting into Miami.

idk much about Gibbons

But Lakeland, Mandarian, Columbus, MNW, Booker T, Deerfield, and Carol City are in my opinion Top 7 in the state.

Advertisement
What is Terrance playing. I think if u let him play mlb he will make the lack of experienced and proven pass rushers life easier. Let him blitz and cause havoc on run plays the other guys will get one on one
He's a Mike LB, but they also move him around to play OLB sometimes too.

We got EJ III from Jackson to be the next OLB/Rush End & we were supposed to be getting DE Wati Huggins back in Feb who had 17 sacks for BTW, but Idk if he's actually transferred yet.

They'll have Kamren Kinchens playing Rover & Delancy at FS (but he plays CB too), plus Keane Lewis, Damarcus Fleming & Winsome Frazier Jr all play DB/S as well. They'll have Tim Burns, Antwan Massie playing CB, Chaz Smith was supposed to be a Corner too but he transferred this Spring to North Miami.

Terrell Torrence will be playing both OG & NT manning the middle of the Defensive front, plus Marquan Robinson will get his chance to be another pass rusher on the edge with EJ.

On Offense, we got Kemani Brown last year originally a Hallandale kid, he sat behind Velez & learned the offense, he doesn't have a big arm but has legit 4.5 speed & can run really well, so they'll probably use him similar to what they did with Tutu Atwell.

But the offense will be based on around getting the ball to Fleming, Brinson & Brantley, then let Nathan Noel & Andre Stringfield do their thing in the run game.

Last edited:

Not knowing who else will being in 5A, I think MNW can 3 peat and maybe even 4 peat.

Advertisement
I wouldn’t say that’s the only reason. Lakeland is a legitimate UF pipeline for atleast a decade.

I know that but I just find it a coincidence that when we lose a prospect to UF or FSU that alot of times they have qualifying issues in May and June or sometimes, dont even get eligible.

idk much about Gibbons

But Lakeland, Mandarian, Columbus, MNW, Booker T, Deerfield, and Carol City are in my opinion Top 7 in the state.
Gibbons won a state title last year vs North Marion & beat both AH's.

They have a good collection of talent on Offense with speedster Troy Stellato & TJ Gordon, plus a strong OL anchored by Gerald Mincey & Connor Blake.

But all schools in Florida were redesignated to new Districts & classifications, so Gibbons was a 5A school last year but are now classified as 4A & are actually in the same district as CC, BTW, Gully Prep, Pace & U School.

So a lot of schools are going to have both easier & tougher roads back to the playoffs.

Last edited:
Gibbons won a state title last year vs North Marion & beat AH twice in the same season.

They have a good collection of talent on Offense with speedster Troy Stellato & TJ Gordon, plus a strong OL anchored by Gerald Mincey & Connor Blake.

But all schools in Florida were redesigns red to new Districts & classifications, so Gibbons was a 5A school last year but are now classified as 4A & are actually in the same district as CC, BTW, Gully Prep, Pace & U School.

So a lot of schools are going to have both easier & tougher roads back to the playoffs.

Do you think Gibbons can escape that Region? I read that 4A actually doesnt have districts just regions 1-4.

Also that Gibbons vs Gulliver Prep game is like a 2 hour commute correct?

Not knowing who else will being in 5A, I think MNW can 3 peat and maybe even 4 peat.
MNW was 6A last year, but got reclassified as 5A this year.

Our district was much harder last year being the same division with Central, CC & Norland. Now we're just in it with Killian, Jackson & Miami Springs. But come playoff time we'll have to see Central, AH, Rockledge, or possibly Raines, all team we should beat. I definitely think repeating again.

Advertisement
Back