Lady Canes should be a Top 10 Team

It's amazing how many wins over ranked teams this team has. It's utterly amazing, but they have to keep winning if they want to have any shot of getting a decent seed. If Miami wins out in the regular season, and wins at least 2 games in the ACC Tournament, I could see them being a 4 seed(Judging from previous years, I wouldn't be shocked it if Miami is one seed line lower than what they should be).

On Espn after the game a so called authority on the matter said this win today will put them at a 3 seed.

Advertisement
On Espn after the game a so called authority on the matter said this win today will put them at a 3 seed.

He is looking at this from where they SHOULD be. I'm looking at this from where the tournament committee most likely places them. Miami has historically been under seeded throughout the Meier era. Miami has consistently been placed in weird regionals, with crap seeds getting to host. Look at the polls for proof of this phenomenon. Miami has far more ranked victories than a ton of teams ahead of them, but may get hosed on their seed, just because of name recognition.

He is looking at this from where they SHOULD be. I'm looking at this from where the tournament committee most likely places them. Miami has historically been under seeded throughout the Meier era. Miami has consistently been placed in weird regionals, with crap seeds getting to host. Look at the polls for proof of this phenomenon. Miami has far more ranked victories than a ton of teams ahead of them, but may get hosed on their seed, just because of name recognition.
Sounds like a bunch of excuses for why we’ve historically under performed in the tournament

So Miami falls to #15 . I think Canedude is right no matter what Miami does there is going to be a bias out there. Losing to VT may not have been as horrible as we might have thought. But apparently beating FSU meant we are allowed to stay basically the way we are. Interesting that according to a ESPN analyst we are now a 3 seed. Go figure. Now I wonder if beating NC State if we accomplish that will mean anything to these stupid voters.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back