"Lack of depth"

People said the same crap about Dak Prescott the year Miss State started out on fire....

He didn't end up winning the Heisman and Miss State fizzled out.

Don't give away the Heisman.

Advertisement
The whole question is subjective. Do we have depth? Well, yes. Compared to other Coastal mediocre teams and a severely overrated Notre Dame team. Or, no if you mean do we have enough depth were a couple more injuries would not hurt our chances of making the college football playoff. If the goal for this season is "Win 10+ and the coastal" There's more than enough depth. I think you might be overly optimistic if you think this team could survive a scrape of injuries and still make a run for the playoff.

This.

I think guys are so hungry for success they are putting words in our mouths. We haven't raised our expectations; we just don't want to hear excuses if we don't meet those expectations. Which, for most, is a 10 win season.

Posters are so shook from being wrong about Golden that they now attempt to compensate by bring overly critical and scared

They're in a constant state of panic and are under the impression Rick needs Vilma and Rolle as backups in order to win a ****** division full of ****** teams that Folden out-recruited.

You are one them, Franchick. LOL

Advertisement
Posters are so shook from being wrong about Golden that they now attempt to compensate by bring overly critical and scared

They're in a constant state of panic and are under the impression Rick needs Vilma and Rolle as backups in order to win a ****** division full of ****** teams that Folden out-recruited.

You are one them, Franchick. LOL

obsession_zps8gb131a0.jpg

Stop with that bullsh*t argument. Miami is building depth at plenty of spots now that the underclassmen have played in some games. Even the backup linebackers are gaining experience, creating depth. And I love how some of you say we lack depth but don't a **** thing gets mentioned about how fsu looks on defense now that they have injuries over there... But I thought they had superior talent and backups to everyone.... the way some of our fans think is that depth issues and injuries are only exclusive to Miami, they are in every program...

So your talking bout the coaches? Thats what I am assuming but wanted to clarify since they are the ones who keep saying that we have a lack of depth. Now I am torn... do I believe them or you? Um i will have to ask Manny this weekend when I see him.

It doesn't take an Einstein brain to figure out that we are low on numbers at linebacker. Richt has backed off a lot of the claims that Miami is lacking in depth at receiver and oline. Miami is not lacking in depth at de, dt,receiver,qb,tight end. Miami has low numbers in the secondary but has enough for this season. Take a look at fsu their Dbs already were getting torched with Derwin James on the field, now that he is off it might be worse. Everyone is not loaded with multiple starting caliber players that are backups like at bama like most think they are... At least not the teams that we play

Lets see how we fair against a schedule where we play teams with plenty of depth week in and week out. Lets see where we are at least by mid-season when more attrition impacts us.

And depth doesn't mean warm bodies... It means having players come in and replace players who have a legitimate claim to the position. It means battling for positions and it means having good players to go up against in practice. In many positions we have bent as much as we can. The worry is with the season being so young, our dependencies on players who have never been through and entire college season yet and the knowledge that a few more bends are coming, that we cant bend anymore before we start seeing some breaks. .
Name all these teams with "plenty of depth" with "a legitimate claim to the position" on our upcoming schedule, and analyze that depth that isn't just "warm bodies" like you think our depth is.

If you can't then please quit spreading fake info under the guise of being a rational fan.

When every coach talks about depth and then you still claim it’s made up you either are not paying attention or you place your own agenda in front of reality. It doesn't matter how much hot air comes out of you or how much other people believe it, doesn't change reality. No other team on our schedule has lost their top tackler, their top sack guy, another starting linebacker and their number 4 linebacker. There are teams that compare to us with the numbers lost but not the stars or the starters. If you dont understand how depth works in a college season I would suggest just sitting back and listening to the people who do know. There are plenty of other things you can spout off at and still get your daily dose of cyber bullying in that you obviously need to prop yourself up.

I also love how you were laughing at McCray doing anything and you were just as crushed when we lost our best defensive player on our team. But now that McCray is actually getting minutes, you just dont understand how people are complaining about depth? LOL now you call McCray good depth, but Juwon Young was bad depth. I mean FN A dude your game is so predictable its incredibly pathetic. I am going to suggest you take some time off this board and spend your free time entirely on **** sites so you can get rid of your aggression and you can start the deflation process that your ego and cyber heart of courage desperately needs.

Just so you know these guys are all 1 player away from starting as of this weekend. Yes we have walk-ons in our two deeps.

Mike Smith, Ryan Fines, Wyatt Chickillo, Hunter Knighton, Tyler Gauthier, Alex Gall, Hayden Mahoney, Malik Mayweather

So your talking bout the coaches? Thats what I am assuming but wanted to clarify since they are the ones who keep saying that we have a lack of depth. Now I am torn... do I believe them or you? Um i will have to ask Manny this weekend when I see him.

It doesn't take an Einstein brain to figure out that we are low on numbers at linebacker. Richt has backed off a lot of the claims that Miami is lacking in depth at receiver and oline. Miami is not lacking in depth at de, dt,receiver,qb,tight end. Miami has low numbers in the secondary but has enough for this season. Take a look at fsu their Dbs already were getting torched with Derwin James on the field, now that he is off it might be worse. Everyone is not loaded with multiple starting caliber players that are backups like at bama like most think they are... At least not the teams that we play

Lets see how we fair against a schedule where we play teams with plenty of depth week in and week out. Lets see where we are at least by mid-season when more attrition impacts us.

And depth doesn't mean warm bodies... It means having players come in and replace players who have a legitimate claim to the position. It means battling for positions and it means having good players to go up against in practice. In many positions we have bent as much as we can. The worry is with the season being so young, our dependencies on players who have never been through and entire college season yet and the knowledge that a few more bends are coming, that we cant bend anymore before we start seeing some breaks. .
Name all these teams with "plenty of depth" with "a legitimate claim to the position" on our upcoming schedule, and analyze that depth that isn't just "warm bodies" like you think our depth is.

If you can't then please quit spreading fake info under the guise of being a rational fan.

When every coach talks about depth and then you still claim it’s made up you either are not paying attention or you place your own agenda in front of reality. It doesn't matter how much hot air comes out of you or how much other people believe it, doesn't change reality. No other team on our schedule has lost their top tackler, their top sack guy, another starting linebacker and their number 4 linebacker. There are teams that compare to us with the numbers lost but not the stars or the starters. If you dont understand how depth works in a college season I would suggest just sitting back and listening to the people who do know. There are plenty of other things you can spout off at and still get your daily dose of cyber bullying in that you obviously need to prop yourself up.

I also love how you were laughing at McCray doing anything and you were just as crushed when we lost our best defensive player on our team. But now that McCray is actually getting minutes, you just dont understand how people are complaining about depth? LOL now you call McCray good depth, but Juwon Young was bad depth. I mean FN A dude your game is so predictable its incredibly pathetic. I am going to suggest you take some time off this board and spend your free time entirely on **** sites so you can get rid of your aggression and you can start the deflation process that your ego and cyber heart of courage desperately needs.

Just so you know these guys are all 1 player away from starting as of this weekend. Yes we have walk-ons in our two deeps.

Mike Smith, Ryan Fines, Wyatt Chickillo, Hunter Knighton, Tyler Gauthier, Alex Gall, Hayden Mahoney, Malik Mayweather

After all that hot air, you still can't tell me specifically how our opponents are better situated than we are across the board from a depth perspective.

Was I happy that we lost Grace and AQM? Of course not. They were excellent players. What does that have to do with how we compare to our opponents? Show me why they're deeper across the board.

LOL at the coaches complaining about depth. What the fck does that prove. Show me all these complaints. Rick said we need more speed at WR during the spring. In the fall, he said he no longer felt badly about our WR situation. Where are all the other complaints?

Yes. We're pretty thin at LB. Everyone knows that. Are we as thin as UNC, who starts a walkon and plays him almost every snap? Please tell me how our opponents are better situated.

You're acting like an overly dramatic chick with you're "these guys are 1 player away from starting" where you list 4 OL. How can 4 OL be 1 player away from starting? And how the fck is Malik Mayweather 1 player away from starting? We have Berrios, Coley, Richards, and Harris at WR. Do you think the 4 WR set is our starting lineup? LULZ at you.

You're scared of Wyatt Chickillo being a starter even though we only use a FB for a few plays per game? LULZ again.

Mike Smith has played pretty well. It's funny though how you don't list Owens, who was a starter here as depth at LB.

You're a scary clown.

Lol at listing mike smith. He was a 4star recruit on multiple sites and was dade country's top pass rusher the year he came out and has becomes more than capable to play at Miami at linebacker at that. Fines is the 6th string dt, he hasn't played since famu game and won't now that we have Moten,Jenkins,Norton, Willis, McIntosh...

Last edited:
Advertisement

Lol at listing mike smith. He was a 4star recruit on multiple sites and was dades country top pass rusher the year he came out and has becomes more than capable to play at Miami at linebacker at that. Fines is the 6th string dt, he hasn't played since famu game and won't now that we have Moten,Jenkins,Norton, Willis, McIntosh...

LOL. Brock Landers, did this clown just say Fines is 1 player away from starting when we have McIntosh, Norton, Willis and Molten ahead of him? Are we starting 4 DTs during games? Fcking idiot.

Lol at listing mike smith. He was a 4star recruit on multiple sites and was dades country top pass rusher the year he came out and has becomes more than capable to play at Miami at linebacker at that. Fines is the 6th string dt, he hasn't played since famu game and won't now that we have Moten,Jenkins,Norton, Willis, McIntosh...

LOL. Brock Landers, did this clown just say Fines is 1 player away from starting when we have McIntosh, Norton, Willis and Molten ahead of him? Are we starting 4 DTs during games? Fcking idiot.

Smh, it's crazy man

The funny thing is. They will continue to overlook our comments because they don't have a real foundation to their claim.

They want to force this "lack of depth" narrative upon us like they want a built in excuse for when Richt and or Diaz make a dumb coaching decision that cost us the game. So they can blame it on "depth" instead of calling the coaches out.

Please tell me how Louisville and UNC all of a sudden got this " quality depth".

These boys are getting game experience and being coached up. That's development.. that's creating depth.

The same way Louisville got depth.

There's alot in this post that is spot on but you are way off with the UL comment . They are loaded especially on O with their 2 deep . Being I was born in Louisville and all my family still lives there I pay a ton of attention to them and with the talent left there and what Petrino has brought in UL truly has top 10 talent across the board and the best college QB by far. But your post otherwise is dead on . To be honest I couldn't tell you is most of the team on our schedule had depth or not . I doubt most could . But it doesn't make our lack of LBs and quality OL less of an issue.

So when did Louisville bring in more talent than us? We all live by recruiting ranks right?

They have been consistent in recruiting. I think in the top 25 since Petrino has been there. But they haven't recruited better than us.

They have a team full of 3 stars and development projects.

Again, their depth comes from game experience and being coached up.

That's how you create depth. Developing your potential projects. Thats what spending more on a staff does.

Like Brockwurst said the more game experience we gain the more development our coaches can bring to these players.

You all try to shid on Mayes, Redwine, and Jackson. But those guys are developing and will become "depth" the more experience they get.

They aren't terrible athletes. They can be molded.

Having a QB that is going to win the heisman takes care of a lot.
Kaaya is great, and is going to be a 1st or 2nd round pick whenever he declares. But he doesn't have nearly the impact that Jackson has or is having.
It doesn't change their depth situation, but it certainly raises their overall talent level. That's what heisman winners do.

You already giving this guy the Heisman before HALF the season is thru?

Come on man. Don't be naive. He hasn't nearly earned the Heisman.

I mean I'm not saying I'd bet on him over the field, but he's definitely separated himself from the rest of the pack and still has two big time games vs Clemson and Houston.

calinaive umstudent at it again

Brutal. I hope he doesn't have a UM degree.

All I've done is state a fact that our depth and overall talent isn't great.
Like I've already said numerous times we don't have as much talent as we have had the past few years. The difference is, we actually have good coaches who use a good scheme that put the talent to good use.
And again, because I already know by the end of the year all franchise dude is gunna be saying is that I was "one of the faqcuits *****ing about depth like its the new cloud" or some bull**** like that, I will repeat that I think the goal for this yr was to beat FSU and Play in the ACC Championship game, and my pre-season prediction was that we win 10 regular season games only losing to VTech and ND.

Advertisement
You know how I know we have a lack of depth???

Our starting RB Mark Walton was playing on the Kickoff Coverage team today

Advertisement

in 2001 Andre Johnson was on the KO coverage team..

P.S. Gus is not good

no not in 2001 he wasnt...show me......anyway so because something happenmed 15 years ago its ok to do it now?

You logically make no sense. No, obviously because something happened 15 years ago does not mean it is okay to do it now. But you used him being on coverage to show we dont have depth. He countered by saying that our best WR in the last 15 years was on KO coverage on THE DEEPEST TEAM EVER. Do you get what he's saying now?

Also, FYI I do think we lack depth. You question just doesn't make any sense because it has nothing to do with B.B.B's point.

We still lack bodies from the NCAA penalties for this one last year because of that snitch Nevin. How no UM fan has not shanked him in the yard yet is beyond me. He is the epitome of someone deserving of getting aired out.

P.S. Gus is not good

no not in 2001 he wasnt...show me......anyway so because something happenmed 15 years ago its ok to do it now?

You logically make no sense. No, obviously because something happened 15 years ago does not mean it is okay to do it now. But you used him being on coverage to show we dont have depth. He countered by saying that our best WR in the last 15 years was on KO coverage on THE DEEPEST TEAM EVER. Do you get what he's saying now?

Also, FYI I do think we lack depth. You question just doesn't make any sense because it has nothing to do with B.B.B's point.

I dont remember him being on special teams in 2001 im pretty sure he wasnt....he was on special teams in his early years

P.S. Gus is not good

I dont remember him being on special teams in 2001 im pretty sure he wasnt....he was on special teams in his early years

He was on special team all three years. He scored a touchdown against Florida and made the tackle on the next kickoff.

Advertisement
Back