"Lack of depth"

brock

All-American
Stop with that bullsh*t argument. Miami is building depth at plenty of spots now that the underclassmen have played in some games. Even the backup linebackers are gaining experience, creating depth. And I love how some of you say we lack depth but don't a **** thing gets mentioned about how fsu looks on defense now that they have injuries over there... But I thought they had superior talent and backups to everyone.... the way some of our fans think is that depth issues and injuries are only exclusive to Miami, they are in every program...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Stop with that bullsh*t argument. Miami is building depth at plenty of spots now that the underclassmen have played in some games. Even the backup linebackers are gaining experience, creating depth. And I love how some of you say we lack depth but don't a **** thing gets mentioned about how fsu looks on defense now that they have injuries over there... But I thought they had superior talent and backups to everyone.... the way some of our fans think is that depth issues and injuries are only exclusive to Miami, they are in every program...

I agree with ya hear Brockwurst.

Im tired of the notion as well.

These boys are gaining experience and being coached up. Im guessing the latter is why guys think we have no depth.

they're not used to our boys being "coached up"

We do have a lack of depth - quality depth.

Putting a player on the field is very different from putting a quality player on the field.

Stop with that bullsh*t argument. Miami is building depth at plenty of spots now that the underclassmen have played in some games. Even the backup linebackers are gaining experience, creating depth. And I love how some of you say we lack depth but don't a **** thing gets mentioned about how fsu looks on defense now that they have injuries over there...

Just because FSU depth sucks doesn't mean ours doesn't too. If any LB, CB , or S gets hurt were in deep ****. Playing Mike Smith and Michael jackson vs D2 teams is much different than rolling them out on a regular basis during the meat of our schedule. Jaquan and Carter have practiced at LB for christ sake. Freshman are notorious for struggling later in the year when the longer football season and college academic requirements start to take their toll.

Advertisement

Putting a player on the field is very different from putting a quality player on the field.

Teams like Houston,Michigan state, Wisconsin, Washington seem to be doing just fine while lacking quality depth... you seriously think their backups are better than Miamis?...

Talk to me about the quality depth our opponents have that we don't have because that's all that matters. Just claiming we're not the 2001 Canes from a depth standpoint is meaningless.

Trying too hard.

So........we have quality depth (****. Does that mean that the last staff recruiting wasn't that bad?) or don't we? (****. The previous regime was very bad....)

ooooooo.....

What to do?

Last edited:
I trust Richt. He's said before that we lack depth at some positions. And our backups haven't played anyone yet so I would hold off on saying they are ready to go against legit competition.

Advertisement
We don't have much depth at all in alot of spots that is flat out the truth. If we had 2-3 more solid LBs and a few better OLs we might be a top 5 team. IMO we are a top 10 but we wouldn't beat the UL , Bamas of the world this year .

The only real "depth" we lost this season, was AQM, Grace, Cager & Bruce.

Choc Gray was never really going to see the field & Jamie Gordinier was only going to play Special Teams & come in late in games to spell the Freshman.

We didn't really lose any key playmakers that are irreplaceable & we haven't gone through any injuries that basically every program has throughout a season.

The fact that losing AQM has had little to no effect our on Pass rush actually shows we have more depth (on the DLine) than most teams in the country.

We're thin at LB & have inexperienced guys behind our Senior Safety's, the CB depth is solid but not great, our starters are good though.

Ultimately, we have to just accept the fact that we got what we got and the staff is doing the best they can, it's nothing to b*tch about every week, but of course asking Canes fans not to b*tch about every single thing is near impossible.

Last edited:
Y'all gon learn

This October stretch is going to test the depth severely.

Our top end talent just might be so good that it doesn't matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

No offense man, but when you argue against a "lack" of current depth with terms like "building" and "creating"...not too strong.

Facts are facts. We have to love the PT that the young guys are getting for the future, but RIGHT NOW there is a lack of depth...no way around it.

UM

Advertisement
Back