L$U

losdogcane

Junior
Found this interesting, from The Gino Torretta Show facebook page;

The LSU Tigers got taken behind the wood shed during the BCS National Championship game. It was more than embarrassing for the Tigers and their fans. LSU’s offense was never a Brees type juggernaut but, they did manage to average 35.7 a game for 17th in the country. The Tigers beat the living tar out of everyone they met sans the Crimson Tide in Tuscaloosa. The LSU Tigers beat 3 top 5 teams and 8 top 25 teams. They beat them all convincingly. There was no mistaking who was number 1 for the regular season. The majority of the college football world would credit Saban and the Alabama’s defense for the crushing win. I do too they worked hard for a month to perfect a game plan against the nation’s 2nd best defense. But, Is there more to this crushing defeat than just a good ol’ fashion butt kicking? We may never know. The Tigers offense seemingly played uninspired and unimpressive throughout the whole game. I’m not one to give credence to rumors or heresy but, sometimes where’s there’s smoke there’s fire. Take what you will from the following I received from a trusted friend. Did the Tigers get outplayed? Yes. Is it Les Miles fault? Not totally. Is the comment Bobby Hebert made ill-timed or inappropriate? Not what so ever. Make the call for yourself. No matter what happened before the Tigers had their heads handed to them. Is this all a rumor or part of the truth slowly eeking out? Time will tell. Either way this shakes out the Tigers are looking strong for next year.
The following comes from an unnamed source…….. Apparently about 3 hours before the game T-Bob Hebert and Russell Shepard and 2 other receivers and a hand full of linemen got into a heated argument with Les Miles and the Offensive Coordinator about Lee getting more playing time and possibly starting the BCS Championship game. It got so heated that Miles benched T-Bob and RS and 3 other players. He called Lee into his office and told Lee that he would not be playing in the game. The Offensive CO told Miles that he thought that Lee gave the team the best chance to win the game. Miles told the OC to start looking for a new job after the game and Miles will be calling the plays for the championship game. Apparently the O Line sided with T-Bob and Lee and did not give their all in the game to prove to Miles that the players are more important than the coach. Now I know that this is hard to believe but when you look at some things it kind of explains a few things: I will list some:
Playcalling: Read option pass on 3rd and 10 – 4 times. Running the same 5 plays over 90% of the game. Overall, Horrible play calling. Running the ball in the 4th quarter with 9 mins and down by 21. T-Bob Hebert not taking a snap in the game. RS only playing 3 snaps and not touching the ball or getting looked at. Lee getting off the bus and walking 10 feet behind the team with his head down and looking dejected while walking into the Dome. Heated argument between receivers and JJ and O Line with O line coach on sidelines. And the kicker, reports that 2/3 rds. of the plays that were practiced up to the game were not run and the players were not told why. Again I do not know if this is entirely true but there seems to be a lot of truth in it just by seeing what happened in the game.
The LSU team did not arrive at the dome until shortly after 6:00 PM. It seems that T-Bob Hebert & Russell Shepherd met with Les & told him that they were not happy with Jefferson’s preparation & attitude leading up to the game. He was purportedly at Harrah’s a couple of nights & drinking heavily. Most of the receiving corp has been on Miles to play Lee & throw more. Well Les evidently took the criticism the wrong way & all **** broke loose at a team meeting. Hebert & Shepherd never got in the game. The offense was ****ed. Jefferson lost the heart & soul of many of his teammates. Les was stubborn. Something evidently happened earlier between Miles & Lee & possibly Lee’s father after he was benched and Miles essentially dismissed him from the team for all practical purposes. Now not only is Claiborne leaving for the draft but so is Randle, Brockers & Shepherd (who may have no other choice but to leave LSU). Kadrone Boone ( a promising young receiver) has indicated that he will transfer from LSU. This is one of the worst internal problems that I have ever seen at LSU. This is not a black & white issue. It is an issue of team leadership (or lack of) & a coach that won’t listen to tenured upperclassmen.
Where there is smoke there is fire. We will all see what happens. Hopefully this is all just garbage but we’ll see.

Advertisement
Make sense, LSU offense really looked like they were not into that game. Any above average QB with the weapons LSU has on offense would have shreeded bama defense...not to mention the o-lineman from dwyer decommits from LSU right after the game to Auburn

Not sure if I'm buying it, if they thought Lee gave them the best chance to win, that means they cared about winning and would still try their hardest to win whether Lee was starting or not.

Now, if Les Miles actually deprived his O-Co of play calling power and told him he would be fired, that's another story. Thats what would cripple them in the game, I think the players are always going to be trying their hardest in the BCS national championship though.

Advertisement
Makes sense in that it was clear that L$U was not mentally 'in it'. I would've thought someone put $$$ on the game or something, because there is no explanation for how poor they played.

I remember Shepard lashing out on Twitter about play time and touches. Explains a lot with T-Bob as well, thought that was weird.

Don't know if this true, but it would make sense wanting lee to start. Alabama talk about how much they practice to stop the option. There has to be some true to this or something. I have never seen a team have a month to prepare and be that inept.

Advertisement
Definitely vibes with what Shephard was saying after the game on Twitter.

Advertisement
This would make perfect sense with what we all saw in the game.

I've never seen such crappy play calling, such a flat LSU team, and overall a lack of effort. And I wondered why they didn't change out quarterbacks when it became painfully obvious Jefferson wasn't going to do diddly squat.

Wow.

This is one of those cases: personal is personal, and team is team. You do what's best for the team, and leave the personal crap out of it, especially if any emotions are involved.

Miles may have been ****ed, and he may have made his point, but he hurt the team and himself.

Supposedly, another reason why Miles was ****ed and did not even give Lee a chance, is because he's the reason that they didn't have room for Patrick Miller and he ended up Auburn. Lee was supposed to graduate this past fall, but either failed or missed a class that he now has to finish in the Spring, thus taking away the scholarship that they expected to have for Miller.

Advertisement
Make sense, LSU offense really looked like they were not into that game. Any above average QB with the weapons LSU has on offense would have shreeded bama defense...not to mention the o-lineman from dwyer decommits from LSU right after the game to Auburn

Based on what? All the other teams that did... smh.

Bama played no teams with a good offense. Arkansas was without its running game, due to the injury to Davis (if that's his name). No other team Bama played had any offense. Their average FBS opponent ranked about 93rd in offense, and the FCS team they played lit up that D to the tune of 302 yards rushing at 7.7 ypc. I too think any team with a good offense would do well against Bama's D from this year. They were highly overrated due to stats accumulated against terrible offenses.

Bama played no teams with a good offense. Arkansas was without its running game, due to the injury to Davis (if that's his name). No other team Bama played had any offense. Their average FBS opponent ranked about 93rd in offense, and the FCS team they played lit up that D to the tune of 302 yards rushing at 7.7 ypc. I too think any team with a good offense would do well against Bama's D from this year. They were highly overrated due to stats accumulated against terrible offenses.

This.

Was about to say I aint reading all that crap, but glad I did. Interesting. Golden should raid recruits.

Advertisement
Back