L$U

Advertisement
I'm pretty good friends with an LSU player and when I asked him who the best player on the team was, he replied Jordan Jefferson. Said the kid is amazing in practice but just couldn't get it done on the field. He also said Les Miles is the worst coach he's ever played for and is a moron.

Make sense, LSU offense really looked like they were not into that game. Any above average QB with the weapons LSU has on offense would have shreeded bama defense...not to mention the o-lineman from dwyer decommits from LSU right after the game to Auburn

Based on what? All the other teams that did... smh.

Bama played no teams with a good offense. Arkansas was without its running game, due to the injury to Davis (if that's his name). No other team Bama played had any offense. Their average FBS opponent ranked about 93rd in offense, and the FCS team they played lit up that D to the tune of 302 yards rushing at 7.7 ypc. I too think any team with a good offense would do well against Bama's D from this year. They were highly overrated due to stats accumulated against terrible offenses.

Thats your opinion, but the stats back me up. They dominated every team they played. And they shutdown the number 1 team in the land twice.

Embarrassed them in the NC game.

I'm pretty good friends with an LSU player and when I asked him who the best player on the team was, he replied Jordan Jefferson. Said the kid is amazing in practice but just couldn't get it done on the field. He also said Les Miles is the worst coach he's ever played for and is a moron.

Probably means the Dolphins are going to interview him in Saban 2.0

Make sense, LSU offense really looked like they were not into that game. Any above average QB with the weapons LSU has on offense would have shreeded bama defense...not to mention the o-lineman from dwyer decommits from LSU right after the game to Auburn

Bama played no teams with a good offense. Arkansas was without its running game, due to the injury to Davis (if that's his name). No other team Bama played had any offense. Their average FBS opponent ranked about 93rd in offense, and the FCS team they played lit up that D to the tune of 302 yards rushing at 7.7 ypc. I too think any team with a good offense would do well against Bama's D from this year. They were highly overrated due to stats accumulated against terrible offenses.

Tim Tebow, Ryan Mallet, and Matthew Stafford want to have a word with you.

Advertisement

Ghey

I must have missed the games 'Bama played against those guys this year.

Herbstreit said during the game that something didn't seem right about the LSU team. They didn't have any emotion on the sidelines...

Is this "friend" a former "local" that has his name known around these parts...wink wink?

Advertisement
They said that junk EVERY year.

I must have missed the games 'Bama played against those guys this year.

Thats your opinion, but the stats back me up. They dominated every team they played. And they shutdown the number 1 team in the land twice.

Embarrassed them in the NC game.

Guess you missed the part about an FCS school (f/k/a Div. I-AA) rushing for over 300 yards against Alabama. Great defenses do not allow FCS schools to rush 7.7 ypc on their way to over 300 yards. Penn State was probably the second best offense Alabama played. That's pathetic.

Advertisement
I think Miles was right, Jefferson did give him the best chance to win. The most successful thing they did in the first matchup was the option, which Lee can't run. This time Saban had more than enough time to prepare for both QB's and dissect the option and I'm sure he did. If Miles put Lee into that game and let him throw it, instead of punting on those third downs you would've seen Kirkpatrick or Barron running the other way with a pick 6. Lee threw the ball 7 times in the first game and got picked twice , he wasn't gonna do ****.

Interesting hearsay.

Families quarrel, sometimes to its detriment. It happens to all of us. This one just cost them a shot at the NC however. It's just awkward to have two senior QB's who've played with no clear starter... you get lots of tension.

Not a homer but if you check the stats, I think it's more about good defense in the $EC rather than bad offense. Also, Georgia Southern is one of the premier teams in FCS. They were hanging up 300 to 400 yard rushing games on just about everybody they played. Again, check the stats.

http://content.usatoday.com/sportsdata/football/ncaaf/stats/team-total-defense

I've seen all the relevant stats, and I do not get them from USA Today. GTech was near the top of FBS in rushing yardage the last few years. Miami and a couple of other teams have completely shut them down. Considering that GA Southern accumulated those stats you mention against other FCS schools, I don't think it's asking too much of a great defense to shut down an FCS school, irrespective of how well that FCS school does against other FCS schools.

Additionally, SEC defenses do not have anything to do with Alabama's playing Kent State (119 in total offense), Penn State (No. 95), and North Texas (No. 96). If you think UF (no. 105) struggled on offense due to SEC defenses, then you're delusional. They would have struggled to move the ball without a defense on the field - hence that awful rank in total offense. When you consider Arkansas was ranked 29 in offense, playing an SEC schedule, you're whole argument falls apart. The statistics clearly show that, aside from Arkansas, Alabama played a bunch of terrible offenses (among the worst offenses in the entire country), and an FCS school. Considering the FCS school runs an option offense, it should have been shut down the way Miami and others have shut down GT the last few years. A great defense would have done that to an FCS team.

Alabama's schedule this past season had more inept offenses on it than I can ever remember seeing on any schedule before. It's almost not believable how bad the offenses were that Alabama faced.

Advertisement
I get where you're coming from and I'm not delusional. But when Alabama plays a school like Georgia Southern, they don't practice defending the option. They figure they can win on talent alone, so yea, they probably will run for a lot of yards. Miami and those "other teams" that beat G-Tech know they have to practice defending it or they'll lose. Look what happened to Blandy in his first year against them. So that's a really bad example. Obviously you misunderstood what I was talking about in regards to defensive rankings. The offenses in the $EC are naturally going to be ranked poorly because at least 8 of there games every year are against defenses from the $EC. Put some of these teams like Miss. State, Vandy, South Carolina, Auburn, L$U, Florida, or Georgia in the Big Least, The PAC 12 ( with there defenses, or lack of defenses ) or the ACC, and see where they rank offensively after a few years. That's where your argument falls apart. Arkansas is not really a typical $EC team either. They would rather try to out score you than get in a slugfest with you. But don't tell that to Kansas State. And you did leave out the fact that Vandy, Miss State, and L$U along with Arkansas were ranked higher than Penn State Offensively. While we're at it, you tell me why Florida struggled so mightily on offense. Seems to me they won all of there games pretty handily except when they played a ranked $EC team and that one against a pretty good FSWho defense.

Listen, Alabama's defense was/is very good. They played lights out against LSU. However, I don't think they're all-time greatest either. Not by a long shot. They didn't face any juggernaut offenses or anything close to that. Look at what some of those 80s Miami teams did against the Oklahomas and Nebraskas for the world. Those teams average 40-45 ppg and Miami would hold them to under 20. Alabama had a good year and their defense won it all for them. They deserve those accolades....but lets stop with anything more than that.

Sorry, about that. I was just planning on coming on here and discussing the ignorance that is Les Miles.

I have said for awhile now that Miles is a horrible coach, but a great recruiter. I am glad that your friend confirmed this.

Advertisement
Back