L.A. TIMES article on Kaaya

PUNCICANE

All-ACC
Premium
Can one player make a difference? The answer is a resounding yes at West Hills Chaminade, where the arrival of quarterback Brad Kaaya in January of 2012 helped elevate a football program to where it is today: playing for a Division II bowl championship on Saturday at StubHub Center in Carson.

Kaaya went to Encino Crespi prepared to lead the Celts to prominence. Then Crespi took in a transfer quarterback from Oaks Christian, and Kaaya decided to look elsewhere after his sophomore season. He has developed into perhaps the No. 1 senior quarterback in Southern California. This season, he has 3,577 yards passing and 25 touchdowns.

But it's his leadership and decision making in games that don't receive as much attention as his touchdown passes. He's cool and tough under pressure. And he can't wait to face Enterprise for a bowl championship.

"It's crazy," he said. "Growing up, I was watching Westlake, Long Beach Poly, Mater Dei. It was always a dream of mind to play in a state championship. I went to Crespi my freshman year saying I want to win a state title in 2013. I'm getting pretty close."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/varsi...minade-20131218,0,2284036.story#ixzz2nqWTyggP

Advertisement
If Williams starts this year, I'm not sure Olsen ever gets a chance here, because Kaaya will be starting in 2015.

He is not from SOFL, another Golden failure.

576.gif

I think it's going to be a **** of a battle between Olsen and Kaaya for the top spot in 2015.

Advertisement
If Williams starts this year, I'm not sure Olsen ever gets a chance here, because Kaaya will be starting in 2015.

Just like we crowned our last Cali stud QB

Let them play it out hard for me to believe that Olsen couldn't start next year or at worst the following year at that point being in the system 3yrs

Let them play it out hard for me to believe that Olsen couldn't start next year or at worst the following year at that point being in the system 3yrs

I'd be willing to bet my house that, barring injury, Kaaya turns out better than Kyle Wright.

I'll keep saying it over and over: Kaaya is the real deal. He will be the best QB on our roster upon arrival. I don't think he starts right away, but he is an elite QB and I think can be the guy to lead this team to championships

Advertisement
I cannot wait for a QB battle between two QBs who can actually play qb, instead of picking lesser of two or three evils.

I think Kaaya will get the starting job, remember Olsen, although highly ranked, was Fisch's recruit, and from what I heard, he's not exactly tearing it up in practice

Advertisement
Kaaya is the future and the future is 2014

Yea but Kaaya isn't tearing it up in Miami's practices either.... We don't have to pick a future starting QB right now.... A highly competitive Qb battle is the best we could asked at this point. And relish the fact that there are 2 very good Qb's waiting in the wings.

Seems like you can usually tell when a QB has that "it" factor. They make it look easy. I think we'll know where Olsen is as early as the spring game. He'll have had a year in the offense by then. I'm not expecting a world beater, but he should look good in the game, not taking sacks and making stupid decisions with the ball.

Advertisement
Went through his progressions better as a junior in high school than Morris as a senior in college

I'd be willing to bet my house that, barring injury, Kaaya turns out better than Kyle Wright.

Based on what? High School play? KW was much better at this point than Kaaya is. Just curious about what makes you some of you guys so confident about these kids.

I cringe every time I read, "oh he's a future 1st rounder, or he's the next Jon Vilma or he's gonna start next year".. Happens every year with almost every recruit we have. So far, you guys making them absurd predictions are batting 1000%. Unfortunately, you are all wrong. How bout we wait a couple years and see how he progresses at the next level before betting the house.

Just sayin.

I get your point but when you say stuff like batting 1000% on wrong, well puts you in the same category. Everyone predicted Randy Johnson and those predictions were accurate. Everyone predicted Coley. Those predictions were accurate.

But yes I too remember Reggie Youngblood and Ryan Moore.

Advertisement
Back