2024 Kylan Fox 4* TE from Grayson GA

Advertisement
For sure, that was my initial point. Grayson isn’t a UGA pipeline.

Do pipeline's really even exist anymore? Does anyone really dominate their own state much anymore? I can tell you this, the concept is circling the drain. The world is shrinking, and NIL is having an effect as well. Bama and Clemson raid GA, GA raids Alabama and Florida, etc, etc.

Here are the top kids in GA last year and where they went. And keep in mind that UGA is ROLLING right now, on the field, and on the trail.

Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 11.16.04 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 11.16.27 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 11.16.55 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 11.17.15 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 11.17.30 AM.png

Do pipeline's really even exist anymore? Does anyone really dominate their own state much anymore? I can tell you this, the concept is circling the drain. The world is shrinking, and NIL is having an effect as well. Bama and Clemson raid GA, GA raids Alabama and Florida, etc, etc.

Here are the top kids in GA last year and where they went. And keep in mind that UGA is ROLLING right now, on the field, and on the trail.

View attachment 234037
View attachment 234038
View attachment 234039
View attachment 234040
View attachment 234041
This was actually a frequent complaint of Kirby by their boosters until he got over the hump. Up until his having proof of concept, they were ****ed about the number of top Georgia recruits leaving the state. Of course, the lesson(s) learned from that are in the eye of the beholder.

This was actually a frequent complaint of Kirby by their boosters until he got over the hump. Up until his having proof of concept, they were ****ed about the number of top Georgia recruits leaving the state. Of course, the lesson(s) learned from that are in the eye of the beholder.

Alabama got 7 out of the top 25 in their state and lost the #1 player to... UGA.

LSU got 10 out of the top 30, and lost the #1 and #3 players to Texas.

USC got only 6 of the top 35 in CA, and lost the #1 player to Tennessee.

Texas only got 5 of the top 40 in Texas.

And those are all top classes!

I added those examples to UGA because those are programs that are also recruiting at a very, very high level now and historically dominate their state. And those are the programs that are still doing the best in-state, I'd say. I would say the team that does the best at keeping the home-grown talent from leaving is OSU, and they aren't near perfect, losing 6 of the top 10 kids in Ohio in the 2022 cycle (they landed #s 1-5 in 2023).

FYi in 2023 Miami landed 10 of the top 50, all 4* or better (Mauigoa).

It's all changed.

Advertisement
Alabama got 7 out of the top 25 in their state and lost the #1 player to... UGA.

LSU got 10 out of the top 30, and lost the #1 and #3 players to Texas.

USC got only 6 of the top 35 in CA, and lost the #1 player to Tennessee.

Texas only got 5 of the top 40 in Texas.

And those are all top classes!

I added those examples to UGA because those are programs that are also recruiting at a very, very high level now and historically dominate their state. And those are the programs that are still doing the best in-state, I'd say. I would say the team that does the best at keeping the home-grown talent from leaving is OSU, and they aren't near perfect, losing 6 of the top 10 kids in Ohio in the 2022 cycle (they landed #s 1-5 in 2023).

FYi in 2023 Miami landed 10 of the top 50, all 4* or better (Mauigoa).

It's all changed.
Spot on. I understand the frustration about losing guys especially at certain positions in our back yard but Mario was recruiting everywhere at the end of the cycle last year. That approach will pay off.

More nuanced than that of course but things have absolutely changed. We get stuck focusing on just us here which I get, but it’s different out there now.

Georgia kids have always gone everywhere (especially all over the SEC)...Like Florida kids in that regard.

Not the(mostly, obvious exceptions) fierce loyalty Bayou kids have for instance. Ohio is another state where most kids with OSU offers go there no brainer.

Advertisement
Official visit news

Fox was wowed enough by his unofficial weekend visit to Coral Gables that he locked in an official visit to Miami June 9-11. He described his visit as “one of the best” visits he’s taken in his recruitment yet as he stayed for a two-day unofficial with his mother.

“My visit went well actually. They are very high on my list,” Fox said. “The hospitality was definitely the best. I felt at home while I was at Miami, and they just showed high interest in me and that’s what motivated me to come back for an official.”

Miami used the trip to show Fox how they envision using him in offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson’s new offense and convincing him of his fit in Miami. He spent most of his time around now current tight ends coach Cody Woodiel and off-field assistant Stephen Field, who have largely handled his recruitment to this point. He was impressed by Miami’s campus, facilities and the intensity of the Hurricanes’ practice.

“(Miami showed me) the way I would be used in the vertical passing game and as well as the run game,” Fox said. “(Practice) was nice. They went fast and it seemed like the tight end got the ball every play.”

Fox had been in contact with Miami sophomore quarterback Jacurri Brown for some time and had been urged to take an unofficial visit to Coral Gables by his hometown friend, so it’s not just Miami’s coaching staff recruiting Fox. And all signs indicate the Canes are on great footing.

Advertisement
Us versus UCF? And before you laugh, they did beat us out for Walker last year (albiet he was local for UCF)
There is a little uncertainty as to exactly where Fox’s recruitment could be headed as he’s racked up the offers but it seems like two programs in the state of Florida have appealed to him the most. Is it because he’s visited recently or because those are his favorites?
To land Fox’s commitment, it could come down to a battle between Miami and UCF for the four-star tight end from Loganville (Ga.) Grayson. He loved both recent trips and is planning officials in June to both programs.
Colorado, Cincinnati, Florida State, Ole Miss, Stanford and others are involved but the Hurricanes and the Knights stand out most. Miami’s tight end tradition could be the overriding factor here.
Prediction: Miami

Advertisement

- Loganville (Ga.) Grayson Top247 athlete Kylan Fox has an official visit to Miami set up for June 9 and that’s because the Hurricanes impressed while he was down for a visit this spring. Miami sees him as a tight end and that’s what he was playing for California Power on Saturday.

“I love it in Miami. Everything is nice down there. It’s nice and humid down there, so I love it. With the team, Coach Cristobal is getting better and better. The class they signed last year, they’re going to get the program to where it used to be,” Fox said.

Heading into a nearing decision, the 6-foot-4, 208-pounder has two teams on the top of his recruitment.
"I would say I have two leaders. I would say UCF and Florida State are towards the top," Fox claimed. "They've been pushing very hard to get me and I feel like I fit in both of those offenses. I feel at home when I'm at UCF and FSU."

Heading into a nearing decision, the 6-foot-4, 208-pounder has two teams on the top of his recruitment.
"I would say I have two leaders. I would say UCF and Florida State are towards the top," Fox claimed. "They've been pushing very hard to get me and I feel like I fit in both of those offenses. I feel at home when I'm at UCF and FSU."

so a team with 0 history of using or producing TEs is going to land a 5 star and a 4 star? lol

Advertisement
Back