Kris Bogle

Jesus, if he thinks Austin, Texas (pop 1M) is too country, then Starksville, MS (pop: 25K) will look like the Gobi Dessert to him.

The problem with any So Florida kid going to these redneck backwater university towns is that they aren't like anyone else there. It's like when my kids used to watch Sesame Street and they'd play the game "one of these things is not like the other". Guess who is not like everyone else in Starksville, MS? Kris Bogle or the 25K hillbillies? I'm not saying these towns can't be racially diverse, a third of Starksville's booming population of 25K is black (under 2% Latin). But what's the culture like, how does everyone treat each other across ethnic groups, and who runs things? 99 out of 100 times, a Miami kid would feel like a fish out of water in such places.

Here's a picture of the mayor of Starksville. How cliche.

2013headshotspruill_l_233xpsn_jl.jpg

Unfortunately for Texas A&M it’s in College Station not Austin.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jesus, if he thinks Austin, Texas (pop 1M) is too country, then Starksville, MS (pop: 25K) will look like the Gobi Dessert to him.

The problem with any So Florida kid going to these redneck backwater university towns is that they aren't like anyone else there. It's like when my kids used to watch Sesame Street and they'd play the game "one of these things is not like the other". Guess who is not like everyone else in Starksville, MS? Kris Bogle or the 25K hillbillies? I'm not saying these towns can't be racially diverse, a third of Starksville's booming population of 25K is black (under 2% Latin). But what's the culture like, how does everyone treat each other across ethnic groups, and who runs things? 99 out of 100 times, a Miami kid would feel like a fish out of water in such places.

Here's a picture of the mayor of Starksville. How cliche.

2013headshotspruill_l_233xpsn_jl.jpg
My daughter actually goes to State. Great school and campus.

Bogle is nervous schools are gonna start dropping him with the injury so he might as well get his spot now.

Already off crutches and began rehab, "was lucky, injury could have been a lot worse" (his words verbatim).

Advertisement
Unfortunately for Texas A&M it’s in College Station not Austin.

My bad, I misread that he was visiting UT not A&M. Makes a lot more sense now that he would say College Station is too country... The rest of my argument (cultural fit) still stands.

My bad, I misread that he was visiting UT not A&M. Makes a lot more sense now that he would say College Station is too country... The rest of my argument (cultural fit) still stands.
As opposed to Knoxville? I’ve never been to either but isn’t College Station near Houston.

Already off crutches and began rehab, "was lucky, injury could have been a lot worse" (his words verbatim).

As @brock mentioned, Bogle's an elite talent. But, that injury scare had to set him straight. Teams are willing to cool on a recruit if they don't think he'll be the same again. Bogle's situation isn't the case, but you never know in football.

Advertisement
If he commits to us, which it’s trending that way, I hope he takes all of his social media energy to recruiting for us. Shut it down completely and help build the class of 19.

Just gonna be honest, hes probally the highest rated athlete to come out of Gibbons
As @brock mentioned, Bogle's an elite talent. But, that injury scare had to set him straight. Teams are willing to cool on a recruit if they don't think he'll be the same again. Bogle's situation isn't the case, but you never know in football.

I think hes always liked Miami, but I've also seen how a few hundred thousand can change a family. Not that I'm saying it was offered, but I'm old enough to know how money gets you a new house in a good neighborhood.
Ive just made to many mistakes in my life to past judgement on an 18 year old.
(Or 23 if your Jobe 😂)

Every elite recruit who gets injured have thr same schools going after him. Bogle wanting to commit would be because he legit wants to and some school has been down from dah 1 and wants in. I haven't felt threatened by any school this whole time so I say us

I do not like that he's going to A&M. I know there's someone on this board that knows the kid and speaks highly of his character, but he's dealing with too many teams that are $u$pect. A&M is throwing money around like a rapper at a strip club.
This dude is all about the bag schools. Hopefully, he’s just taking their money for visits and ends up here.

Advertisement
Just read some comments Bogle made after his Texas visit on another board. He didn't care for Texas - too country. Said he likes the city better. Wasn't at all what he expected. Taking an OV to Miss State this coming weekend. Talk about country...
So he doesn’t like country life, but he’s going to visit StarKKKville, MS? Yeah. He’s not on a bag tour.

He's been fishing for a gift from Sabag as the list of suitors has grown. My suspicion is that the Klan got leery after his injury and has not bequeathed the $/commitable offer he was looking for. Bogle no longer has max leverage.

He's been fishing for a gift from Sabag as the list of suitors has grown. My suspicion is that the Klan got leery after his injury and has not bequeathed the $/commitable offer he was looking for. Bogle no longer has max leverage.

Don't know how accurate or true the info is but on one of their recruiting boards it's been said numerous times - and as recently as Monday- that he is the backup plan for Bama if they don't land Nakobe Dean. Dean plans on finishing his OV visits and announcing by beginning of November.

Advertisement
Back