Kris Bogle

I do not like that he's going to A&M. I know there's someone on this board that knows the kid and speaks highly of his character, but he's dealing with too many teams that are $u$pect. A&M is throwing money around like a rapper at a strip club.

Advertisement
I do not like that he's going to A&M. I know there's someone on this board that knows the kid and speaks highly of his character, but he's dealing with too many teams that are $u$pect. A&M is throwing money around like a rapper at a strip club.

To be fair, most of the better football programs have a solid bag game. If you want prospects to visit schools that do not "drop bags" the list of good programs is limited to visit.
Also, not sure how many kids keep their bus boy jobs if receiving/wanting bags.

To be fair, most of the better football programs have a solid bag game. If you want prospects to visit schools that do not "drop bags" the list of good programs is limited to visit.
Also, not sure how many kids keep their bus boy jobs if receiving/wanting bags.

Sure most of the better programs have a solid bag game, but amazingly enough he seems to be showing love to a good number of the programs that have exceptional bag games. Listen man I understand you know the kid, and that's why I mentioned that. And I could be totally wrong and way off. I have no problem admitting thats certainly poasible. However, I've followed recruiting for a while. I grew up in SEC Country where the motto is "if you aint cheatin then you aint tryin." Bogle may very well come to UM, but all of the tea leaves say we should expect him to bolt. The end will tell the tale, but I'm not expecting him in Coral Gables. Neither of us are going to change our mind. We'll know soon enough. My confidence is high though that in a few months you'll be on this site defending the kid's decision to go to (insert money school ) while everyone on the board is bashing the **** out of the kid for taking the money and running.

Advertisement
Sure most of the better programs have a solid bag game, but amazingly enough he seems to be showing love to a good number of the programs that have exceptional bag games. Listen man I understand you know the kid, and that's why I mentioned that. And I could be totally wrong and way off. I have no problem admitting thats certainly poasible. However, I've followed recruiting for a while. I grew up in SEC Country where the motto is "if you aint cheatin then you aint tryin." Bogle may very well come to UM, but all of the tea leaves say we should expect him to bolt. The end will tell the tale, but I'm not expecting him in Coral Gables. Neither of us are going to change our mind. We'll know soon enough. My confidence is high though that in a few months you'll be on this site defending the kid's decision to go to (insert money school ) while everyone on the board is bashing the **** out of the kid for taking the money and running.
I wont bash or defend him, whatever decision he makes. It's his decision. I can only speak on what I have seen personally in regards to his character.
Does he go somewhere else, maybe, for money, maybe. But I wont come here and try and rationalize why it was a good idea to take money (allededly) and sign somewhere else. I'm not in the business of defending someone's decisions to others.
I want him at miami but just like you I think he ends up elsewhere.

Just tweeted that its about time to put an end to his recruitment.. Not sure if this is good for us or not. Just an FYI.

Normally my reaction to his visit is, well, ATM is probably throwing him cash just to visit and he has no interest in the school so why not go and pocket the spending money? But then the recruitnik in me is saying what you're saying - kids who take visits for cash, often (especially to schools they really have no chance at), generally aren't prospects you want to be heavily reliant on.

Advertisement
Dont get blown out on national Tv against the big boys and kids like this would be locked up. Dumbo has A&M hanging with Clemson in year one.

Just tweeted that its about time to put an end to his recruitment..

Regardless if he commits..

YxhCJAR.jpg

Just read some comments Bogle made after his Texas visit on another board. He didn't care for Texas - too country. Said he likes the city better. Wasn't at all what he expected. Taking an OV to Miss State this coming weekend. Talk about country...
Lol like that’s going to be any better

Advertisement
As hype as that crowd was, I was playing a game with the wife called “find the minority”. That crowd had less minorities than Nebraska.

Lol like that’s going to be any better

Jesus, if he thinks Austin, Texas (pop 1M) is too country, then Starksville, MS (pop: 25K) will look like the Gobi Dessert to him.

The problem with any So Florida kid going to these redneck backwater university towns is that they aren't like anyone else there. It's like when my kids used to watch Sesame Street and they'd play the game "one of these things is not like the other". Guess who is not like everyone else in Starksville, MS? Kris Bogle or the 25K hillbillies? I'm not saying these towns can't be racially diverse, a third of Starksville's booming population of 25K is black (under 2% Latin). But what's the culture like, how does everyone treat each other across ethnic groups, and who runs things? 99 out of 100 times, a Miami kid would feel like a fish out of water in such places.

Here's a picture of the mayor of Starksville. How cliche.

2013headshotspruill_l_233xpsn_jl.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Jesus, if he thinks Austin, Texas (pop 1M) is too country, then Starksville, MS (pop: 25K) will look like the Gobi Dessert to him.

The problem with any So Florida kid going to these redneck backwater university towns is that they aren't like anyone else there. It's like when my kids used to watch Sesame Street and they'd play the game "one of these things is not like the other". Guess who is not like everyone else in Starksville, MS? Kris Bogle or the 25K hillbillies? I'm not saying these towns can't be racially diverse, a third of Starksville's booming population of 25K is black (under 2% Latin). But what's the culture like, how does everyone treat each other across ethnic groups, and who runs things? 99 out of 100 times, a Miami kid would feel like a fish out of water in such places.

Just calling a spade a spade ... it’s a culture shock for sure probably just like how some out of state players feel when they come to coral gables

are we sure that isn't the waitress from always sunny?

Advertisement
Back