Kris Bogle

Advertisement
True. 100% facts. But we're also engaged in a delusion if we think most of these guys come to play school.

Your typical 5* baller croot is a future exercise science, general studies, "interdisciplinary," or kinesiology major. These guys for real are majoring in making the League in 3 years and really dgaf what US News has to say.
That basketweaving stereotype is tiresome. Yes everywhere obviously gets kids that INITIALLY find the education aspect of school to be lame. One thing cmr will quickly correct is that view. Curriculum & the kids future are equally as important to cmr if not more. He is very active in our players educationally & making sure they understand the value of not only their degree but the proper major. Here kids are actually earning their degree.

The only kids that care about academics are the Stanford kids or kids that go Ivey league like hat qb that didn’t go to bama or Myron Rolle

The only kids that care about academics are the Stanford kids or kids that go Ivey league like hat qb that didn’t go to bama or Myron Rolle

I would say most kids that are football guys care about football more than anything, like 7 out of 10 kids maybe even 8 out of 10...most elite kids r about the league and most of our elite kids through the years were about the league

Advertisement
So your position is that if you swapped Coley and Rumph, we would have gotten whatshisface to come to Miami?

Nah im my position your question lacks common sense. Maybe less common sense then my wifes leaving the bag she defrosted the chicken in open in the trash so the ants can come in

Be a Cane fan or log out
This is not North Korea. People are allowed to point out facts that are not to the benefit of UM. Just because I don't like the landscape of the facts does not mean they are not true. I believe it to be somewhere in the middle but try to take the orange and green glasses off for a second and you will see he makes some valid points.

Advertisement
Your correct. But most of these blue chip or highly rated recruits aren’t really making an academic decision unless bama or uga have a specific major that they’re are pursuing. And even if that’s the case Some majors will have a lot of conflict with the practice and travel schedule. Unless the kid is very bright and can handle the workload.

Your correct. But most of these blue chip or highly rated recruits aren’t really making an academic decision unless bama or uga have a specific major that they’re are pursuing. And even if that’s the case Some majors will have a lot of conflict with the practice and travel schedule. Unless the kid is very bright and can handle the workload.

I’m not delusional enough to think kids are making decisions where their primary consideration is academics.

And it’s hard af to juggle the schedule with difficult classes, so they prioritize. But as adults at some point somebody has to tell them shlt happens. Injuries, coaching changes, all kinds of things. So sometime in the future that degree might be an insurance policy.

You might play in the league until you’re 30-35. Then what? That’s what decent people try to get in their heads.

I know a few guys who played college football, and one who blossomed and is the QB for the Jags, and I'd say all but 2 of them were definitely going to get a degree. Now they weren't going to national powers but a lot of kids who play football do see the benefit of the education.

Now yes there are the top kids who are on a fast track to the league but still they start their education and either finish it while in the league or after their career comes to an end. I think there are more smart kids than people give credit for. It's my opinion only though

Nah im my position your question lacks common sense. Maybe less common sense then my wifes leaving the bag she defrosted the chicken in open in the trash so the ants can come in

You said Coley out recruited Rumph which seems to ignore other factors like bags, wanting to get away from home, liking a girl at the other school, perceived trajectory of each program, which school your friends think is cooler, and on and on. Point is, sometimes it's not about the recruiter.

There are a thousand reasons a kid might pick one school over another and I can see several in uga's favor so to say Rumph just got out recruited is simplistic. It may be true, but there's no way for you to know that and it's just lazy to claim it.

Advertisement
I’m not delusional enough to think kids are making decisions where their primary consideration is academics.

And it’s hard af to juggle the schedule with difficult classes, so they prioritize. But as adults at some point somebody has to tell them shlt happens. Injuries, coaching changes, all kinds of things. So sometime in the future that degree might be an insurance policy.

You might play in the league until you’re 30-35. Then what? That’s what decent people try to get in their heads.

You are 100% correct, and there's a 100% chance that 77% of HS/college age kids are 100% unable to believe that an injury or failure can happen to them no matter what you tell them.

Ha Baga is notorious for pushing kids towards specific degrees. I know a few years ago Baga dropped a kid because he was persistant in majoring in Pre-Med. I believe he ended up at a Big 10 school

Advertisement
Ha Baga is notorious for pushing kids towards specific degrees. I know a few years ago Baga dropped a kid because he was persistant in majoring in Pre-Med. I believe he ended up at a Big 10 school
I don’t know if it was an outside the lines report or another network when a former player said he was given a list of majors he couldn’t pursue. Can’t remember the school.

Advertisement
Back