KP and Partridge out

Before throwing Kul under the bus it's possible that Kul did us a favor by waiting until after NSD. The bad thing is that we are late to the dance in finding a replacement. Richt has stature however which is important plus we have an attractive stable of DL players making it a good gig.

Agree 100%

Don’t know what would’ve happened with Nesta if Kool bolted before NSD. However from Richt’s words we can say that the domino started when the DL coach of Saban went NFL.

At the same time this is not the best time of the year to be on coaches hunt. I think that both KP or Partridge would have accepted the job one month ago. Anyway: I trust CMR and I prefer to have Nesta. It could be worse.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If Patrick has expressed interest in coming home but has never been called when the job was open, why would he put himself out there on the line when NCState just committed to him after he bounced around to North Texas and Texas Tech for a few miserable years?

His name comes up on here and other sites from fans who remember him and like him but i have yet to see any evidence that Richt or former coaches have ever reached out to him. If that is the case once again, i can easily see why he isn't a candidate and is staying.
Developing grudges is just stupid and leads to you having less opportunities.
Going from NCST DL coach to Miami DL coach is a step up, and its a better job in every way.

If we were unwilling to pay his buyout because we din't think it was a good deal/return on investment he wont come. But if we wanted him and were willing to pay it, he'd be a Cane Coach.

Those posts don't sound like guesses to me. i know ya'll fell for DSJ AH4 line, but give credit where credit is do. There was a lot of KP smoke on this site all week and 330 was on point saying it ain't happening

There was zero smoke. Only fans and media identifying him as perfect fit and #1 choice. That's all there was to it. KP didn't tease anything, no rumors of secret phone calls or contract negotiations. Fans hoping Richt would call KP up is not smoke.

Developing grudges is just stupid and leads to you having less opportunities.
Going from NCST DL coach to Miami DL coach is a step up, and its a better job in every way.

If we were unwilling to pay his buyout because we din't think it was a good deal/return on investment he wont come. But if we wanted him and were willing to pay it, he'd be a Cane Coach.

I never said anything about a grudge. I'm talking job security. If nobody has been reaching out to me about a job, i wouldn't be going out of my to put my name in the hat at risk of p!ssing off my current employers. That's all i'm saying here. NC State brought Patrick in, gave him a shot after a few miserable years, then showed commitment to him by extending him. Why would he put that at risk unless he knew 100% for sure he was "the guy"? I haven't seen anything saying he definitely would be so i'm not surprised to see him saying he's staying in NC.

Advertisement
I never said anything about a grudge. I'm talking job security. If nobody has been reaching out to me about a job, i wouldn't be going out of my to put my name in the hat at risk of p!ssing off my current employers. That's all i'm saying here. NC State brought Patrick in, gave him a shot after a few miserable years, then showed commitment to him by extending him. Why would he put that at risk unless he knew 100% for sure he was "the guy"? I haven't seen anything saying he definitely would be so i'm not surprised to see him saying he's staying in NC.
I thought you were saying why would he take our offer if he was given the chance.

Those posts don't sound like guesses to me. i know ya'll fell for DSJ AH4 line, but give credit where credit is do. There was a lot of KP smoke on this site all week and 330 was on point saying it ain't happening

That's not "smoke", it's dudes talking about what they wish for like it's obviously going to happen. Smoke is when you hear it from multiple sources who may actually know something.

No inside info but I have been saying Kareem Brown for the last week . He will fit in here well and do a very good job.

Advertisement
No inside info but I have been saying Kareem Brown for the last week . He will fit in here well and do a very good job.
UM ran him off the support staff last year. You’re insane to think we’d hire him to be an actual position coach.

Advertisement
Some hapless ***** named Jon Fabris... sheesh he looks like uncle fester off of the Munsters. Real talk he has a pedo face.

Advertisement
Favris coached with Richt at UGA for 8 years. Named by Rivals one of top 20 recruiters in college football in 2008. Developed David Pollack. Also coached special teams and had a top 5 punt return team.

Just from what I read on his KSU bio page.

KP has high school age kids and it's not fair to keep moving them. He would love this job otherwise. How about Kenny Holmes? If he is ok for Butch, that says something to me.

Advertisement
Back