Kosi missed a wide open Brevin.

Advertisement
It was a 3rd and long as well. With our weak OL why are we doing play action fakes on 3rd and long. Add the fact that he's a young QB still learning and he knows he has to get rid of the ball quickly with withs garbage OL and it's not a recipe for success.

Richt just doesn't put these guys is situations where they can be successful on a consistent basis which is why everyone else around the country can plug in freshman and grad transfers and look respectable but our QBs look like ****.

Wasn't there a post on this site some time ago about richt's offense having pre-determined reads and him wanting the QBs to go with those?

YES! As a matter of fact, I'm glad you brought this up. When Kosi threw an int I believe it was either Toledo or SSt, Richt basically said he predetermined the throw for Perry.

Advertisement
[QUOTEi"crimson_cane, post: 3603050, member: 1998"]Almost like how you made up your mind before actually dissecting the play.[/QUOTE]

Everythings fuqed Kosi has to see him regardless even if we have a bumb *** HC, these qbs dont go through there progressions and they coaches picked them so that ultimately falls on them.

While I can't stand the losing and the on field product often makes me want to jump off a building, I still enjoy the technical aspects of the game. I like having the discussion about why a certain play worked or failed and what they should or shouldn't do next time.

Besides, how many "fire (insert coach)" threads need to be made here?

Everythings fuqed Kosi has to see him regardless even if we have a bumb *** HC, these qbs dont go through there progressions and they coaches picked them so that ultimately falls on them.

There's maybe three or four QBs in the nation that consistently go through their progressions. Most spread gurus don't want their guy going through a long checklist every pass attempt. It's all about simplicity. On at least 50% of all passing plays in college football, the QB knows where the ball is going as soon as they snap it. On this play in particular, if you eliminate the play fake, Kosi has time to make a different read but the way the play is drawn up and executed, there's not going to be time to do that. Especially with a **** poor offensive line.

Advertisement
You right to sell on Richt but to criticize the design of a play that worked but for the QB missing the wide open receiver doesn't advance the argument. David Greene and Aaron Murray executed this play. However, blaming everything on Richt is very popular and your audience will eat it up, so there's that.

That's hard imo for the qb to post snap read that. That's actually from experience. And I hardly ever interject from personal experience.

That's all i'm saying. I wasn't a fan of that style pa because it cuts down the qb's ability to diagnose the play.

He didn't. That's my opinion I'd rather a pa with the eyes forward on 3rd and 8. Hes going to say someone was open.

Impass

As difficult as it has to be, I for one, hope you continue your break downs @Roman Marciante. I've learned a hellava lot from them and from those of your partner in crime Lance.

The break downs also give us great insight into what's happening with the plays and the play calling - good, bad, or indifferent.

Thanks

As difficult as it has to be, I for one, hope you continue your break downs @Roman Marciante. I've learned a hellava lot from them and from those of your partner in crime Lance.

The break downs also give us great insight into what's happening with the plays and the play calling - good, bad, or indifferent.

Thanks

I appreciate that. It hasn't been all bad. I've highlighted good things along the way. The jet sweep was fun vs Duke last week.

The opening drive this week was the beat opening drive of the season if you ask me.

Just in this instance I didn't want a whole sale sell on that wide open bust. Kosi missed it. But it's not totally the whole picture

I appreciate that. It hasn't been all bad. I've highlighted good things along the way. The jet sweep was fun vs Duke last week.

The opening drive this week was the beat opening drive of the season if you ask me.

Just in this instance I didn't want a whole sale sell on that wide open bust. Kosi missed it. But it's not totally the whole picture
And that's why I appreciate your break downs. The live feed didn't show Brevin wide open in the MOF waving his hand. Only saw it in the replay and it showed Perry not even look in his direction. Understanding why Perry didn't makes a world of difference.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That's the point. He did MISS it. The play fake made it a PRE DETERMINED throw. Off of pre snap recollection the one on one outside is the RIGHT read.

He missed the safety drop down post snap....While his back is turned. From experience your world is dark when your back is turned to the play. You have time to swing your head look up and throw.

Kosi had less than .8 seconds when his head turned to when he threw the ball. He had pressure at his feet. That's why the ball was high.

Survey the field longer? It's a sack
When you throw in the offensive line with a protection breakdown he had no time to survey the field as his clock was already ticking to get the ball somewhere as they teach to prevent a sack

Would anyone like to figure out why our QBs decide to fake handoffs on 3rd and 816? Really throws off the defense....

I remember we used to complain all the **** time on the boards when we play faked on 3rd and 20 with Jacory Harris in Mark Whipple's offense. It used to bug the **** outta me. You have Jacory "1 read & chuck" Harris faking a hand off with his back to the field on 3rd and 20...success rate 0%.

Why is this happening to us yet again!?!?

Rpo is down % wise this year. Post snap rpo really non existant as well. I honestly think that is part of the problem.

Agree with this 100%. We seem to run read/zone rather than RPO which is mind bogglingly dumb. RPO would help our QBs/OL a tremendous amount.

Advertisement
Back