Kosi missed a wide open Brevin.

Advertisement
Yes he did miss the ONE that whole GAME.

How many PER SERIES was Rosier missing ?

Last edited:
There should be no need for a play action on 3rd and 8. Based on down and yardage I doubt the defense is really going to bite on it. Design a **** play that gets someone open for the first down.

Would anyone like to figure out why our QBs decide to fake handoffs on 3rd and 816? Really throws off the defense....

Advertisement
That's the point. He did MISS it. The play fake made it a PRE DETERMINED throw. Off of pre snap recollection the one on one outside is the RIGHT read.

He missed the safety drop down post snap....While his back is turned. From experience your world is dark when your back is turned to the play. You have time to swing your head look up and throw.

Kosi had less than .8 seconds when his head turned to when he threw the ball. He had pressure at his feet. That's why the ball was high.

Survey the field longer? It's a sack
That’s why I’m guessing our skill guys are disgruntled, our plays are not inherently setup to succeed, when Richt establishes a “go to” option rather than allowing the QB to read the defense, it’s coverage, and who his open receivers are

It could also be a function of location of play. Mond's play was near the goal line and therefore really didn't need a 5 step drop. It NEEDED to be a quick fake HO/RPO and then pass into the EZ.

Perry, OTOH, is being asked to do a bigger drop and can't depend on the RB coming to him like Mond did. Instead, PErry has to see where the RB is positioned to fake it. Could Perry have just blindly backpeddled and give a token PA while surveying the field? I suppose so but I don't think it's as cut and dried as you make it out to be. You're comparing apples and orange plays. Would like to hear your thoughts on that.

I've watched miami QBs early on really over sell the play action fakes this year in the game and in practice. The goal simply is to sell the run.

On 3rd and 7, they over sold a run on an obvious passing down. The plays are absolute apples to oranges in terms of down and distance but the highlight remains.

Miami asked a qb to turn his back and sell a play fake when there are other pa types to the pistol back available.

The one miami employed came at a cost. Oversell the run and cut off the QBs ability to see the field.
My question back to you is, is that preferred on an obvious third and passing down?

Advertisement
Jordan came out of his skin he was so upset after that play. Real kick to the nuts watching that unfold from the stands.

I bet. Never said kosi didn't miss it he did. Just giving the explanation on why he was missed.

People are arguing he pre determined the read. And I agree. Im just trying to tell you that you almost have to predetermine that based on the time you need to sell the fake.

We stink. The only analysis that needs to be given. Idk how you guys still waste your precious time giving these long explanations. You’re better men then I’ll ever be.

I've watched miami QBs early on really over sell the play action fakes this year in the game and in practice. The goal simply is to sell the run.

On 3rd and 7, they over sold a run on an obvious passing down. The plays are absolute apples to oranges in terms of down and distance but the highlight remains.

Miami asked a qb to turn his back and sell a play fake when there are other pa types to the pistol back available.

The one miami employed came at a cost. Oversell the run and cut off the QBs ability to see the field.
My question back to you is, is that preferred on an obvious third and passing down?

That's fine but watch Mond's highlights - he turns his back plenty on playaction fakes except on super short drops on either goal line or short yardage. My point was that if it's a quick throw, I don't think PErry would turn his back.

That’s why I’m guessing our skill guys are disgruntled, our plays are not inherently setup to succeed, when Richt establishes a “go to” option rather than allowing the QB to read the defense, it’s coverage, and who his open receivers are

Richt touted the 3rd down success rates this week. He needs to kiss kosi's *** on those. Several were covered and kosi ran for the first.

Which is kind of the point. He'll argue that's what he teaches. But completely miss me on the fact you called the same exact play on third and long three times.

That's why it was covered. And no metric is around to measure an oc's play call in certain situations. Its pass or fail.

Fail because he's averaging 15 points a game with Miami talent, and his play calls in certain situations are the reason why.

Advertisement
We stink. The only analysis that needs to be given. Idk how you guys still waste your precious time giving these long explanations. You’re better men then I’ll ever be.

We do stink. But still signed up this year to breakdown QBs and do film analysis. So... i'll mush. 😂

The exact moment Perry is faking with his head turned is the moment he would be throwing the ball. If the play did not have a play fake he is staring directly at Jordan blowing by his cover.

In the replay people see him wide open but at that Moment Perry would have been sacked. He should have been throwing instead of faking. This is not the first time he has had QBs faking on third and long for no reason...why take away from your QB reading the field when they already have trouble reading the D.

Just another in a long list of Richt's stupid play calling.

Last edited:
That's fine but watch Mond's highlights - he turns his back plenty on playaction fakes except on super short drops on either goal line or short yardage. My point was that if it's a quick throw, I don't think PErry would turn his back.

I think we are arguing the same point. Ultimately I didn't like the play call. It was not open by design it was open because of a coverage bust.

Perry missed it. He made plenty of right reads that night. He missed and open guy because of circumstances I get. Im not selling on his ability to read the field. Not yet anyway.

I'm selling on richt.

Advertisement
Yes he missed it. These are the growing pains of playing with a redshirt freshman, but I'm fine going through them now. It's a shame he missed two and a half games on the job learning.

The exact moment Perry is faking with his head turn is the moment he would be throwing the ball. If the play did not have a play fake he is staring directly at Jordan blowing by his cover.

In the replay people see him wide open but at that Moment Perry would have been sacked. He should have been throwing instead of faking. This is not the first time he has had QBs faking on third and long for no reason...why take away from your QB reading the field when they already have trouble reading the D.

Just another in a long list of Richt's stupid play calling.

I should have just wrote this. Thank you.

Cager was also running uncovered down the sideline on the same play. Easy 6 to either one unless Cager drops it.

Richt touted the 3rd down success rates this week. He needs to kiss kosi's *** on those. Several were covered and kosi ran for the first.

Which is kind of the point. He'll argue that's what he teaches. But completely miss me on the fact you called the same exact play on third and long three times.

That's why it was covered. And no metric is around to measure an oc's play call in certain situations. Its pass or fail.

Fail because he's averaging 15 points a game with Miami talent, and his play calls in certain situations are the reason why.
Roman, how can Manny not look Richt in the eye and give constructive feedback, essentially self scouting?

On the flip side, Richt knows recruiting is the lifeblood of CFB, he can be naive to the fact that our current and prospective offensive players will be leaving in droves if Richt refuses to consider other options.

Advertisement
Back