Kool Aide free zone

If VT had Foster coaching their Defense (even though they were trash last couple years), I would like their chances more. This is a different VT team.

It’s going to be interesting to see what happens to that program now that Beamer is gone.

he's been gone for half a decade. va tech is always going to be a team that is decent to above average (every few years) because they recruit heavily from the tidewater region and get the pick of the litter from northern va. not enough to be an elite program, but enough to give people headaches.

Advertisement
In past 15 years Miami has:

One 10 win season
One division title
2 bowl wins
6-9 vs. FSU
Averaged 7.4 wins per season
Finished ranked 4 times
Zero top 10 rankings end of season
And the QB they got on the most was the guy who brought us the 10 win season and division.

Advertisement
Goes to show you what a can't miss QB prospect can mean to a program. Brown is washed up and has only had any modicum of success because FSU sucked so bad Howell said "**** that".

Stop being so sensitive, bud. Manny definitely gets blame too. Im just saying the past two seasons, they have owned our defense. Only on CIS
Defense actually did a really good job against them in 2019.

Everyone seems to forget that the tar heels lost to f s u last year
For a lot of UM fans, the only UNC game they watched was vs Miami. If my only sample for a team was a huge blowout victory, I'd think they were a lot better too. If you watched UNC in other, non-Miami games, you would see a lot more holes. Their offense was generally really solid but they were not a good defensive team at all. They went 8-4 with bad losses to FSU and Virginia. So, they're a good team but hardly a juggernaut.

Advertisement
The play before that was a sack fumble that ended the game that inexplicably wasn't replayed. That play shouldn't have ever happened. And guess what? If it doesn't, imagine how many thousands of gallons of tears that were spilled on this site would've been avoided.

You don't judge anything off one play.
I hear you, but it was such a dumb *** play call.

One 10 win season
One division title
2 bowl wins
6-9 vs. FSU
Averaged 7.4 wins per season
Finished ranked 4 times
Zero top 10 rankings end of season
Had to suffer through Shannon and Folden just like the rest of us.

at the same time let’s keep it into more of a current perspective:

From 2006-2015

We were 69-55

0x 10 win seasons

1x bowl victory

1x Finished in top 25

0 division titles

from 2016-

40-23

1x 10 win season

1x bowl victory

3x Finished top 25

1 division titles

That’s not Kool-aid. That’s reality. I expect those #’s to look even better after this season. If not, I’m all about whatever is best for this U.

The play before that was a sack fumble that ended the game that inexplicably wasn't replayed. That play shouldn't have ever happened. And guess what? If it doesn't, imagine how many thousands of gallons of tears that were spilled on this site would've been avoided.

You don't judge anything off one play.
Imagine that...getting jobbed by Tobacco Road ACC officials. Happens all the **** time, reason number 187 to GTFO of this basketball conference already.

Advertisement
And Marxism.
Indeed.
I once went into a Chicago bakery thread and there were some hipster Marxists arguing if people should stop going a GREAT one in the burbs because the owner is a Christian and does not believe in *** marriage.

Could you imagine if someone on the right said "Hey let's destroy this plumber and his business because I do not agree with his ideology or religious beliefs even though he is the best plumber in town".
Seems so stupid and twisted an evil all wrapped up into one.

4th and 17

Bubba Baxa hits a chip shot field goal and neither of those plays matters.

Advertisement
Imagine that...getting jobbed by Tobacco Road ACC officials. Happens all the **** time, reason number 187 to GTFO of this basketball conference already.

Not arguing with you AT ALL, but that 47 lateral thing AT WALLACE-WADE was a couple dozen feathers in our cap hahaha.

But yes, 1 call doesn't change the years of abuse.

Bubba Baxa hits a chip shot field goal and neither of those plays matters.

Very true. I'm not even going to go there though, because we can do the "if this one thing happens" game until we're blue in the face. With most games. But I only say this one because that 4th and 17 is such a sore spot for this fanbase, and it was terrible, but literally ONE PLAY previously, the game was over.

So I get the "OMG we can't beat UNC, Manny is Mack's bottom boy, blah blah blah". We haven't beaten them the last 2 years. And last year was an abomination in which I am in round the clock therapy over still to this day. But the 2019 game was ONE play, what should have been the LAST play, from being over. And I'm not even talking about the **** 4th and 17. We forced a turnover and ended that ******* game.

Realest post I’ve ever read. You’d think they won the title and their QB won ever major award twice …
It’s the fact that they didn’t do any of those things and still humiliated us that’s the issue. Way to miss the point completely.

Indeed.
I once went into a Chicago bakery thread and there were some hipster Marxists arguing if people should stop going a GREAT one in the burbs because the owner is a Christian and does not believe in *** marriage.

Could you imagine if someone on the right said "Hey let's destroy this plumber and his business because I do not agree with his ideology or religious beliefs even though he is the best plumber in town".
Seems so stupid and twisted an evil all wrapped up into one.
lol.. Did you see Jacob Wohl there?

Advertisement
Back