Kool Aide free zone

Water is wet.

Hoping this is the year we start getting back towards where we would all love to be. I like the pieces of the puzzle we've been adding, but who can put it all together? Diaz? I'm not sure if that, but he's who've we've got now.

Advertisement
In past 15 years Miami has:

One 10 win season
One division title
2 bowl wins
6-9 vs. FSU
Averaged 7.4 wins per season
Finished ranked 4 times
Zero top 10 rankings end of season
12 wins is a bust for 2021 though, because we return guys everyone thinks are terrible 🤔

Yea it’s kind of like our fanbase thinking we should beat a program like UVA by 25 annually year..fact is most fans don’t follow other teams annually to actually understand that the perception of what a program once was isn’t always the reality to what they are in a given year..to the UNC point, I can understand why a casual outsider might think we are so far behind UNC..I’m sure in the 2019 preseason they thought we were light years ahead of them after what we did to them the previous year also.

as far as what Unc returns: offensively they have to replace 5&2 on the outside. Two NFL RBs. They do return that Oline that was poor to average for most the year. And they do have Bluechip talent to replace 2&5. But young and unproven. Transfer portal they added Chandler from Tenn who has talent

on Defense they replace Two good LBs. One who is playing On Sundays. They have a kid from VA who we were after a couple cycles ago. Name escapes me but the kid looks like a stud in their Spring game. Their secondary will be improved according to the buzz around there program. The have the Transfer from Clemson at CB and a couple young 4stars they like.

Up front they recruited at a very high level. That said that talent is young and unproven. mostly 1st and 2nd year guy but if those kids are ready to go they might be the strength of that team

all that said we know the head of the snake is Sam and the talent around him and Longo. Personally I think UNC is right with us in the coastal coming in. And objectively on paper I have us with the slight edge. Overall In the ACC I think it’s Clemson-NCState-Miami-UNC as the top 4..US and the Carolina teams are interchangeable..but 2 dark horse teams are PITT and UVA

Advertisement
In past 15 years Miami has:

One 10 win season
One division title
2 bowl wins
6-9 vs. FSU
Averaged 7.4 wins per season
Finished ranked 4 times
Zero top 10 rankings end of season
Ouch. Hard to argue facts. Hopefully, the next 15 years are entirely different.

UNC had a squad and good staff but I’m not seeing it this year. You guys need to relax about them. Absolutely, no reason we shouldn’t beat them this year.

Last edited:
Lol, ok bud.

I forgot the HC doesn’t get faulted when things go wrong but gets all credit when they go right. Only on CIS.
Stop being so sensitive, bud. Manny definitely gets blame too. Im just saying the past two seasons, they have owned our defense. Only on CIS

My biggest gripe is the talking point about the talent on the rosters. How well UNC is recruiting (lower than Miami last cycle) and how much talent they have. Miami’s roster is more talented. Period. There were abnormal circumstances surrounding last season’s game which I feel get glossed over too easily but we didn’t duck them like some other teams probably would’ve. Bottom line is they have to show up and beat them in Chapel Hill.

Advertisement
Lol, ok bud.

I forgot the HC doesn’t get faulted when things go wrong but gets all credit when they go right. Only on CIS.
You aren’t lying, and it’s gotten to a comical level. The way I see it, Manny has to win the Coastal and win his bowl game or he can go kick rocks. The one thing I will give him is that he has not stood idle to make changes but at some point those changes need to yield actual results. As far as I’m concerned if he doesn’t get it together this year, he never will this is year 3 as the HC and I precious 3 as the DC.

Stop being so sensitive, bud. Manny definitely gets blame too. Im just saying the past two seasons, they have owned our defense. Only on CIS

So you agree with what I originally said & this all could have been avoided lol, got it.

Advertisement
We'll see where UNC is right out of the gate . They open up vs Va Tech in Blacksburg.
If VT had Foster coaching their Defense (even though they were trash last couple years), I would like their chances more. This is a different VT team.

It’s going to be interesting to see what happens to that program now that Beamer is gone.

Have you all browsed the sub Reddit Reddit/CFB?

That forum has helped me see the reality of how we are viewed amongst the entire college football landscape.

The expectation there is that we are behind UNC in the coastal.
As we should be until proven otherwise.

Advertisement
Brad Pitt Laughing GIF

Its all turning around.
Wernt you saying Miami DL is going to feast on Bamas OL? Fact is for a team that has recruited well and done good in the transfer portal you would not know it looking at the Defensive starters. CBs should be good not great, Safety was looking strong to quite strong but now is just good. LBs are bad, DEs below average, DTs OK.

I have scoured the far depths of YouTube comments and have come to the same conclusion

Wernt you saying Miami DL is going to feast on Bamas OL? Fact is for a team that has recruited well and done good in the transfer portal you would not know it looking at the Defensive starters. CBs should be good not great, Safety was looking strong to quite strong but now is just good. LBs are bad, DEs below average, DTs OK.
No, I said I expect a veteran DL group to be able to hold their own.

Advertisement
Back