Konnor Near, LB - Ferris State - Commits to OU

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
Konnor Near, an LB from Ferris State with 2 years of eligibility left, hit the portal this week. 1st team all conference LB. @DMoney writeup in the 5/3 bank.

Two linebackers will be visiting- Konnor Near (Ferris State) and Larry Nixon (North Texas). Both are All-Conference players at their level and project as inside backers. Neer has three years of eligibility, while Larry Nixon has one. Miami wants competition there. Neer is coming for one day on a straight business trip. It is likely going to come down to Miami and Oklahoma, where he just visited.

Last edited:
Advertisement
@DMoney says he has three years of eligibility, but his twitter feed says two years of eligibility left and so does the Sooner article. Sooners speculate that MSU is in a strong position here (simply based on him being from MI). At this point, he's not posted a Miami offer on his timeline

@DMoney says he has three years of eligibility, but his twitter feed says two years of eligibility left and so does the Sooner article. Sooners speculate that MSU is in a strong position here (simply based on him being from MI). At this point, he's not posted a Miami offer on his timeline

Didn’t realize kid’s from St. John’s. That’s about 30 minutes from me (& MSU). Rural/farming type community best known for wrestling. I’d have to MSU he’s a spartan lean but who knows. If a St. John’s redwing ends up playing for the U that would be wild lol.
FWIW we crushed them in 4th grade boys hoops this year :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Didn’t realize kid’s from St. John’s. That’s about 30 minutes from me (& MSU). Rural/farming type community best known for wrestling. I’d have to MSU he’s a spartan lean but who knows. If a St. John’s redwing ends up playing for the U that would be wild lol.
FWIW we crushed them in 4th grade boys hoops this year :ROFLMAO:
OU , Msu and Miami. OU and Miami likely best spot to start or play a lot of snaps.

Advertisement
IDK man

The first 10 plays I watched him do about 8 things I haven’t seen a LB do here in years

Very Dan Morgan/Colin McCarthy esque

He doesn't look as fast a Morgan. But if he gives us McCarthy level than that would be great. Hopefully they'll do a wonderful job on Saturday selling our depth chart and program.

Advertisement
He doesn't look as fast a Morgan. But if he gives us McCarthy level than that would be great. Hopefully they'll do a wonderful job on Saturday selling our depth chart and program.
I was kidding about the Morgan/McCarthy thing because it’s what we do with white linebackers haha

CMac was super underrated here imo

Advertisement
Not visiting anymore per Gaby
Oh Man Reaction GIF by Bounce

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back