Konnor Near, LB - Ferris State - Commits to OU

He probably could have help against the run played angles and leverage real well. Not sure how he would fare against these wide open passing attacks though in the ACC, the Big 12 too. Probably would have been better in the Big 10 where there is less of those and multiple power style teams.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Kid looks solid but it’s going to be a big adjustment

Not saying it can’t be done but how quickly can it be done. 1 summer isn’t a lot of time. Different taking on blocks from D2 GlIAC DL and Power 5 future NFL OL

Compromise Shrug GIF

Advertisement
As far as needs with Portal transfers this was probably our lowest priority. Still stinks, but hopefully one of our younger guys emerges.

First time seeing this kids film. second play stopped the video to type take him. That size moving like that? Pause

Advertisement
As far as needs with Portal transfers this was probably our lowest priority. Still stinks, but hopefully one of our younger guys emerges.

Don't see how you can say that. LB room has one proven guy, a bunch of young unproven kids, an injured kid, and a few JAGs.

Advertisement
Don't see how you can say that. LB room has one proven guy, a bunch of young unproven kids, an injured kid, and a few JAGs.

Guidry's defense requires two traditional LB's. I would say we have two proven guys. I'll agree that proven depth is absolute razor thin.

Proven
Francisco 1A
Wes 1B

Injured
Chase

JAGs
Flagg
Keontra
Ragone

Unproven
Bryant
B Washington Jr
Spencer
Aguirre - Incoming
Pulliam - Incoming

I was just saying there other positions that require more starters that we have more holes in. Wasn't saying the LB room was ideal. Hopefully Nixon visits.

Guidry's defense requires two traditional LB's. I would say we have two proven guys. I'll agree that proven depth is absolute razor thin.

Proven
Francisco 1A
Wes 1B

Injured
Chase

JAGs
Flagg
Keontra
Ragone

Unproven
Bryant
B Washington Jr
Spencer
Aguirre - Incoming
Pulliam - Incoming

I was just saying there other positions that require more starters that we have more holes in. Wasn't saying the LB room was ideal. Hopefully Nixon visits.
Im high on Wes but since when is he “proven”?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back