Know Your Enemy - 2023 FSU Roster vs 2023 Miami Roster

Advertisement
There will be more transfers available and I'm sure some will be great players.
Possibly. I'm sure that FSU went all in on Cypress once they learned that Sam McCall (0.9791 2022 signing) was transferring.

That said, FSU is still governed by the same 85 man limit that every other team is. We have already lost over 30 players to graduation, NFL, and the transfer portal. We're at an estimated 82 players. The Seminoles are sitting above 90 right now. Any additional transfer player will mean another person on the current roster that leaves.

Possibly. I'm sure that FSU went all in on Cypress once they learned that Sam McCall (0.9791 2022 signing) was transferring.

That said, FSU is still governed by the same 85 man limit that every other team is. We have already lost over 30 players to graduation, NFL, and the transfer portal. We're at an estimated 82 players. The Seminoles are sitting above 90 right now. Any additional transfer player will mean another person on the current roster that leaves.
Your list looks to be more than 90.

I counted 95 for the Semenholes from the list provided. Are all these cats on ‘ships? Is the 85 max rule still in place?
The 85 rule is. How many are going to graduate or transfer?

Advertisement
A few things stood out to me:

• The sheer number of transfers. They have 24 on their roster, versus our 11
  • Experience. Not certain if this translates to starters, but at several positions their roster is significantly older than ours
  • 13 wide receivers!

Your second bullet point is probably the most important takeaway. Experience. Norvell is not a great recruiter. However, it seems like they are getting around that issue by bringing in experienced transfers. It worked for them this year. Is it sustainable. We'll see.

The 85 rule is. How many are going to graduate or transfer?
I took it as the list provided for both teams as players that would be on roster in 2023. The only x-factor is Cormani who’s not signed..

Their highest rated defensive end would be our lowest
But yet the only one with production is Messidor. Guess you could throw the jag Harvey in there but Payton (who we should have signed here) is better than Harvey right now as a true freshman soon to be sophomore in 23

Advertisement
I took it as the list provided for both teams as players that would be on roster in 2023. The only x-factor is Cormani who’s not signed..
Uncertain how FSU’s roster will shake out. I only took out the ones that we know for sure who have expired eligibility, gone pro, or entered the transfer portal.

Your second bullet point is probably the most important takeaway. Experience. Norvell is not a great recruiter. However, it seems like they are getting around that issue by bringing in experienced transfers. It worked for them this year. Is it sustainable. We'll see.
That’s why I think they’ll get us bad again this year….we are so young. 2024 things will be very close as this class will have a year under their belts, and 2025 we pull back ahead.

It’s funny man, for all the rankings and hype, most of the comparisons are pretty much the same. Close enough, anyway.

I mean, I don’t see why it matters if one team has several .94s and the other has .91s at a given position…they’re virtually the same for all intents and purposes. Close enough that it doesn’t matter.

Kind of like a guy that runs a 4.65 versus 4.57. Sure I guess you can feel good about the faster one, but in real time it’s a blip. At that point there are other factors coming into play that’ll make a difference.

And even that’s assuming rankings (or testing, per my example) are accurate. If you’d never seen him play, I guess you’d assume Jordan Travis is a bum expected to transfer on either team.

Advertisement
It’s funny man, for all the rankings and hype, most of the comparisons are pretty much the same. Close enough, anyway.

I mean, I don’t see why it matters if one team has several .94s and the other has .91s at a given position…they’re virtually the same for all intents and purposes. Close enough that it doesn’t matter.

Kind of like a guy that runs a 4.65 versus 4.57. Sure I guess you can feel good about the faster one, but in real time it’s a blip. At that point there are other factors coming into play that’ll make a difference.

And even that’s assuming rankings (or testing, per my example) are accurate. If you’d never seen him play, I guess you’d assume Jordan Travis is a bum expected to transfer on either team.
True. Our lowest ranking wide receiver (Young) was our most productive.

And if you look at 247’s transfer portal list, sometimes there is a vast difference between their high school score and their transfer score.

But yet the only one with production is Messidor. Guess you could throw the jag Harvey in there but Payton (who we should have signed here) is better than Harvey right now as a true freshman soon to be sophomore in 23
They're all incoming freshmen or sophomores. Harvey and Messidor are the only ones who have played starter minutes.

Advertisement

Obviously im not the first to mention this, but...

My first takeaway is our side is composed of ~82 players

Their side is composed of ~96 players.

GIF by South Park

Obviously im not the first to mention this, but...

My first takeaway is our side is composed of ~82 players

Their side is composed of ~96 players.

GIF by South Park
Yep. They have not fleshed out who they are keeping and who is going. I was checking last night - that list is current as to who is presently under scholarship. They’ll have to have some attrition to get to 85..:even more if they want to add more transfer portal players.

Advertisement
Back