KNIGHTON

The Dennis Briggs one bothered me. Dent went there after they took his brother. We slow played Samuel forever and then tried to take him at the last minute. Donte Lucas' has a close family friend on staff. Robinson is following Dugans. Darius Washington's uncle posts on the FSU board. Never really had a good feeling about that one. And Knighton just doesn't seem like he was ever that serious about it. LCE laid out what's happened with him in his post.

It definitely looks bad in a vacuum, but with context, I really only feel bad about Briggs and maybe Samuel because we could've had him if we pushed earlier. None of those other kids were coming here.

Yea the samual one bothers me too! Could have had that kid easy but Richt and co we’re to busy wasting there time on the terrible triad of Tyson, surtain and jobe even though we all new those 3 weren’t coming here. Smh should have had samual in that class!

Advertisement
Unless Dallas as a first or second team All-ACC season, you guys seriously thinks he jumps? Haven’t these kids learned their lessons by watching how it worked out for others they played with? I mean, absent a 1-3 round projection, it doesn’t seem to make that much sense.

RBs tend to jump plus he just had a child that he’ll need to provide for (I’m sure Dugans will help but still needs to provide a pay check).

I also wouldn’t be surprised if he stayed based on his personality.

Unless Dallas as a first or second team All-ACC season, you guys seriously thinks he jumps? Haven’t these kids learned their lessons by watching how it worked out for others they played with? I mean, absent a 1-3 round projection, it doesn’t seem to make that much sense.

RB is a different animal. Their short NFL lifespan makes RBs more likely to bounce, even with a day 3 projection. I don't like it, but it is what it is.

Last edited:

Another consideration he'll have to make after his junior year is if his draft stock will increase with another season. He's played a lot already, There will be plenty of film on him after this season. If he will remain a mid-draft selection after senior season, he may consider it given that he has another mouth to feed.

In another thread, people were calling him a beast because he does so many things well. While I agree he's multi-talented, he runs the risk of falling in the jack of all trades, a master of none trap. RBs drafted in the first or second round tend to at least one off-the-chart, elite trait. Even Dalvon Cook ended up in the second round.

Unless of course the NY Giants become involved (LOL). They once bypassed Gayle Sayers for Tucker Fredrickson because Fredrickson could block.

Advertisement
Another consideration he'll have to make after his junior year is if his draft stock will increase with another season. He's played a lot already, There will be plenty of film on him after this season. If he will remain a mid-draft selection after senior season, he may consider it given that he has another mouth to feed.

In another thread, people were calling him a beast because he does so many things well. While I agree he's multi-talented, he runs the risk of falling in the jack of all trades, a master of none trap. RBs drafted in the first or second round tend to at least one off-the-chart, elite trait. Even Dalvon Cook ended up in the second round.

Unless of course the NY Giants become involved (LOL). They once bypassed Gayle Sayers for Tucker Fredrickson because Fredrickson could block.

Best point you made was the Delvin Cook went in the second round. let that sink in. Dallas if lucky is looking like a 5th - 7 th round player. he would need a 1200 - 1500 yard season to move up any further then that. Jmo.

Hes got a kid now. Most rbs leave early anyways if theyre projected to be drafted at all. If he has a decent season then i think hes gone.

Was Dugans the Giants RB coach at the time?

Advertisement

I will like any post that gives props to Gayle Sayers. Good on ya, you a old SOB.

Go Canes!

The Dennis Briggs one bothered me. Dent went there after they took his brother. We slow played Samuel forever and then tried to take him at the last minute. Donte Lucas' has a close family friend on staff. Robinson is following Dugans. Darius Washington's uncle posts on the FSU board. Never really had a good feeling about that one. And Knighton just doesn't seem like he was ever that serious about it. LCE laid out what's happened with him in his post.

It definitely looks bad in a vacuum, but with context, I really only feel bad about Briggs and maybe Samuel because we could've had him if we pushed earlier. None of those other kids were coming here.

The tidbit about 2019 OT Darius Washington's uncle is very interesting.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Let's be clear we need another rb in this class just for depth if anything but this kid doesn't need to be talked about here anymore. Was never coming and quite frankly in sick of time and focus on star local kids who was never going to ride with us taking up attention here that they don't deserve

Let's be clear we need another rb in this class just for depth if anything but this kid doesn't need to be talked about here anymore. Was never coming and quite frankly in sick of time and focus on star local kids who was never going to ride with us taking up attention here that they don't deserve
Depth for sure..
allaboutheU

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back