KNIGHTON

Timing matters here. They slow played Parrish because they wanted Knighton and RB was less of a priority at the time (or so they thought). They were willing to risk losing out on Parrish because they (inexplicably) liked their odds for Knighton and a second RB was more of a luxury at that time.

But what a difference a couple of months makes. With Asa in the portal, what was considered a luxury (2nd RB) becomes a need. IMO, and as someone who also likes Parrish, this is exactly why you need to read these situations honestly and "take the takes" when they are presented. In the world of college football, with injuries, transfers, and a roster full of 18-23 year old, your depth chart can change in an instance.

Agree with all of that.

Advertisement
His high school football Twitter account actually retweeted an OSU edit. I thought that was pretty classless & now I’m a believer in that staff don’t Fck with Miami when it comes to their players.

They’ll Fck with Miami if they want a job though. It is what it is.

Deerfield? No way bro, I was told that’s just myth , like unicorns and Sasquatch:

If Martin had not left what would your thoughts be then? 1 or 2 still?

If 1, Martin staying is not much different than just hitting the portal for another depth player again next year.

If we don't get two great backs this year I'd rather that route for someone as depth who won't take up four years vs some jag this year. No late fillers.

If we get 2 legit backs, fantastic.

In my original post on the subject earlier, I said if Martin was here I'd be fine taking just Chaney this year. I'd ideally still want a 2nd back, but Martin was a 2019 back, so you'd have taken 1 in 2019 and 1 in 2020 (Chaney). That's doable.

0 in 2019 (assuming Martin is gone) and 1 in 2020 for just 1 back in a 2 class window is not acceptable.

The era where 3rd down backs make it to the league and have a role. HAHAHAHAHA

You gotta stop. You post wayyyyyyy too much for someone who doesn't have a single clue what they're talking about.

What "3rd down backs" in college got drafted last year? Jacobs? Harris? Montgomery? Sanders? Hill? Williams? HOMER?? Henderson? Love? Stop posting on **** you don't know about, and/or, if someone calls you out for being clueless, just slide out of the thread. Don't dig your heels in with more dumbassery. You think the NFL is drafting a guy who only plays on 3rd downs in college? What college teams even have a 3rd down back? Sit this one out. Actually, sit all of em out.

In my original post on the subject earlier, I said if Martin was here I'd be fine taking just Chaney this year. I'd ideally still want a 2nd back, but Martin was a 2019 back, so you'd have taken 1 in 2019 and 1 in 2020 (Chaney). That's doable.

0 in 2019 (assuming Martin is gone) and 1 in 2020 for just 1 back in a 2 class window is not acceptable.

What's the difference if they just picked up another portal back as opposed to this scenario?

Advertisement
If Martin had not left what would your thoughts be then? 1 or 2 still?

If 1, Martin staying is not much different than just hitting the portal for another depth player again next year.

If we don't get two great backs this year I'd rather that route for someone as depth who won't take up four years vs some jag this year. No late fillers.

If we get 2 legit backs, fantastic.

Agreed. If we're just looking for depth, I'd rather take a guy from the portal than commit to 4 years of some plan D kid.

What's the difference if they just picked up another portal back as opposed to this scenario?

Because you're talking hypothetically. What if they can't? What if the kid sucks? Ever heard of "a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush" ??

I get what you're saying, but you can't take that chance. That's how you get in trouble. Oh well, we'll just get one next year. For how many years have we heard that? We don't need Calvin Ridley, we can get Jerry Jeudy.

You need help NOW. And I get that you think we need help elsewhere, and we totally do. But RB has the shortest shelf life in the league for a reason. These dudes get hurt. They get tired. You need depth. And you need it at other spots too, but this roster is not so barren that taking 2 RBs vs 1 in this class is going to cause the rest of the team to fall apart. What could make it fall apart is only having 3 scholarship RBs on the team in 2020, because I'm fully convinced Robert Burns is a myth.

The portal should be a contingency plan, not an optimal one.

I think you have to take 2. We took 0 last class. Most coaches look at recruiting in 2 year windows.....you can’t get just 1 back in 2 classes, even if he is a monster like Chaney. Gotta add at least 1 other body.

2015/2016 — Walton/Homer
2016/2017 — Homer/Dallas/Burns
2017/2018 — Dallas/Burns/Lingard/Harris
2018/2019 — Lingard/Harris
2019/2020 — Chaney

Need 1 more for balance. If Martin stays and you’re convinced he’s here long-term, he’s obviously part of the above list and we can probably get by with just Chaney. But with him gone, you gotta grab a #2.

With Martin leaving I would take 2 as well. RBs get hurt and leave early so often you can’t be thin there. But you can be creative so as to not go back on your word if you told others you would only sign one this class (or looking ahead to next year) abs keep the roster balances by bringing in an athlete type like Deejay. Everyone though WR or Defense for him but he went RB.

Advertisement
With Martin leaving I would take 2 as well. RBs get hurt and leave early so often you can’t be thin there. But you can be creative so as to not go back on your word if you told others you would only sign one this class (or looking ahead to next year) abs keep the roster balances by bringing in an athlete type like Deejay. Everyone though WR or Defense for him but he went RB.

They did not tell Chaney they'd only sign 1 back. He actually talked openly about other backs being in the class.

Advertisement
Because you're talking hypothetically. What if they can't? What if the kid sucks? Ever heard of "a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush" ??

I get what you're saying, but you can't take that chance. That's how you get in trouble. Oh well, we'll just get one next year. For how many years have we heard that? We don't need Calvin Ridley, we can get Jerry Jeudy.

You need help NOW. And I get that you think we need help elsewhere, and we totally do. But RB has the shortest shelf life in the league for a reason. These dudes get hurt. They get tired. You need depth. And you need it at other spots too, but this roster is not so barren that taking 2 RBs vs 1 in this class is going to cause the rest of the team to fall apart. What could make it fall apart is only having 3 scholarship RBs on the team in 2020, because I'm fully convinced Robert Burns is a myth.

The portal should be a contingency plan, not an optimal one.

You're talking hypotheticals as well. What if they can't land a second starting caliber back? Just take anyone last minute then? I've never yes without a doubt use the portal. I said if we don't get two stud RBs why take a 4 year jag when you can get a one or two year jag? It's no different than Martin still being here. Taking last minute fillers had gotten us into trouble as well.

Go for two. If you don't get two, just look for a transfer and make sure you get two next cycle. It's exactly the same as if Martin hadn't left, and 2021 would have more depth still than we do right now.

A change of pace from chaney would be a big power back.
Chaney is not viewed as a speed RB.
You gotta stop. You post wayyyyyyy too much for someone who doesn't have a single clue what they're talking about.

What "3rd down backs" in college got drafted last year? Jacobs? Harris? Montgomery? Sanders? Hill? Williams? HOMER?? Henderson? Love? Stop posting on **** you don't know about, and/or, if someone calls you out for being clueless, just slide out of the thread. Don't dig your heels in with more dumbassery. You think the NFL is drafting a guy who only plays on 3rd downs in college? What college teams even have a 3rd down back? Sit this one out. Actually, sit all of em out.
Let me educate u since u are clearly clueless.

A third down back is someone who excels at catching out of the backfield. Usually the quicker smaller frame guys who don't carry the majority of the workload. Sony Michel carries the workload and White is the 3rd down back. Joe Mixon carries the workload and Bernard is the 3rd down back. Nick Chubb carried the workload and Duke Johnson was the 3rd down back. Are u starting to get the picture now? Good.

Love, who u mentioned, is a 3rd down back. DJ Dallas will be a 3rd down back in the NFL.

U sound like a female b*tching over something u choose to see. Now everytime u mention me I'm just going to laugh at how much u stay on my d*ck.

They did not tell Chaney they'd only sign 1 back. He actually talked openly about other backs being in the class.

I know he mentioned Parrish I think - I just meant in general with him or guys next year. It’s never a good look to go back on your word if something was hinted at or said.

Advertisement
You're talking hypotheticals as well. What if they can't land a second starting caliber back? Just take anyone last minute then? I've never yes without a doubt use the portal. I said if we don't get two stud RBs why take a 4 year jag when you can get a one or two year jag? It's no different than Martin still being here. Taking last minute fillers had gotten us into trouble as well.

Go for two. If you don't get two, just look for a transfer and make sure you get two next cycle. It's exactly the same as if Martin hadn't left, and 2021 would have more depth still than we do right now.

I'm not in favor of not taking Miami caliber players ever, at any spot, unless forced to in the most extreme of circumstances.

By "they have to take a 2nd back", of course I'm talking about a Miami caliber kid. If every single RB they offer between now and February say no, then sure, go the portal route. But if that's the case, we have a lot bigger problems than a 2nd running back.

I am fine with going after Knighton, as they did. And I've been in the camp since Day 1 of, swing for the fences (Knighton) because if you have elite recruiters, you can get Parrish or someone else they like down the line. It's early July. At this time in 2016, Trajan Bandy was butthurt that he wasn't being pursued by Miami and was committed to Oklahoma. On July 18th, he decommitted. The rest is history. The same can (should, will) happen with Parrish. And if it doesn't, Hickson should be embarrassed, and we're on to the next. Turn up the heat on Marvin Scott. Give Constant a call. Give Lee a call. There's more fish out there. You just really can't be left with just Chaney on NSD. That could potentially really blow up.

Chaney is not viewed as a speed RB.
Let me educate u since u are clearly clueless.

A third down back is someone who excels at catching out of the backfield. Usually the quicker smaller frame guys who don't carry the majority of the workload. Sony Michel carries the workload and White is the 3rd down back. Joe Mixon carries the workload and Bernard is the 3rd down back. Nick Chubb carried the workload and Duke Johnson was the 3rd down back. Are u starting to get the picture now? Good.

Love, who u mentioned, is a 3rd down back. DJ Dallas will be a 3rd down back in the NFL.

U sound like a female b*tching over something u choose to see. Now everytime u mention me I'm just going to laugh at how much u stay on my d*ck.

No **** ******, none of those guys were 3rd down backs in college. The NFL doesn't draft guys who were 3rd down backs in college. Colleges don't recruit 3rd down backs. Everyone on this board tells you every day what a dumbass you are, yet everyone else is wrong and you're right. That's not a little bit curious to you?

No **** ******, none of those guys were 3rd down backs in college. The NFL doesn't draft guys who were 3rd down backs in college. Colleges don't recruit 3rd down backs. Everyone on this board tells you every day what a dumbass you are, yet everyone else is wrong and you're right. That's not a little bit curious to you?

Exactly. The dude is ridiculous & don’t have a clue

Advertisement
Back