KNIGHTON

The Enos affect in recruiting may very well be something that's overlooked. He was at baga only a year but surely got some insight into how sabag does business.

Not saying what Manny is doing isn't of his own doing, but Enos surely has provided some valuable insight.
Idk if one year would have been enough tbh. I assume with the amount of turnover, Saban probably waits to let someone behind the curtain.

Advertisement
The problem with Miami and RBs is that we have the numbers, but they’re stacked poorly and I’m not sold on anybody on our room as a Star RB.

I assume that every good RB will leave after his junior season so:

DJ Dallas, JR – Second year as RB, showed ability as a first year back, playmaker with the ball in his hand. I’m not sold on his instincts, thought he left yards on the field by not committing fully to a hole that opened up

Cam Harris, SO – Showed good speed and ability to take to the house. Didn’t see good vision or ability to gain extra yards after contact, appears to take a step this offseason tho

Lingard, SO – Highly touted prospect. Concerns with durability

Burns – Doesn’t have the body to play football

So, if everything goes great this year Deejay leaves and we will have Harris, Lingard and Chaney for 2020. If Lingard and Harris plays as expected both bounce after 2020, we would have only Chaney, and Frs on our roster, this would be unacceptable imo. And we would be absolut thin, in 2020 and beyond, in a position were injuries happen all the time

Last edited:
Holmes is not committed anywhere so there is no need to flip him, and Parrish is probably hurt because we did not recruit him harder. That being said If knighton does not come they should have Holmes as priority #1, supposedly we slowed contact with him and he still as UM in his top 7. Still push for Parrish, but I think there us a better chance of pulling Holmes.
yes i know he's not committed but he seems to be a penn st lean atm.... I feel like he should've been a take earlier but yeah if im manny im waiting on knighton and after he goes elsewhere im telling holmes and parrish we got one spot left.

I think OSU has the wrong recruit to be worried about. I believe knighton is theirs. Its Mookie Cooper they should be worried about. He went out his way to say he still is going to visit Miami at the opening. Said he is in contact with Stubbs and I believe Diaz. I gotta go back and look but I think @Hoyacane1620 posted it the 1st day of the opening in his ivins scoop thread.

Boy was I wrong 😫😭😭😭😭😫... this is why I don't get paid to be an insider😎

Next year isn't the problem, it's the year after. If Cam and Zo both turn pro early you're looking at starting a RS Freshman/Sophomore in Chaney and a true freshman 2021 kid. That's not a recipe for success especially if the 2021 kid isn't highly rated and/or isn't able to enroll early.

Since it seems like they already struck out on all their plans they should look to take a project speed back. Some 3 star who would be an easy get with a high ceiling that u could develop for the next two years.

That's worse case scenario. I could just as easily see a scenario where we have a Christian Williams come in the picture late.

Thad Franklin is better in 2021 than any consolation 2nd rb we take in 2020 outside 9f the obvious top targets. Furthermore in the highly unlikely chance both Harris and Lingard declare early it only increases or chances of landing top 10 RBs who can play right away.

Advertisement
Thad Franklin is better in 2021 than any consolation 2nd rb we take in 2020 outside 9f the obvious top targets. Furthermore in the highly unlikely chance both Harris and Lingard declare early it only increases or chances of landing top 10 RBs who can play right away.

Again, such nonsense on this board. Half the posts are ****ting on anything 2021 and beyond (probably rightfully so) and half are these “we’ll fill our needs later” posts. Which one is it? Who’s to say Franklin sticks? Who’s to say he doesn’t blow out his knee? This is such a poor way to look at building a team. You need a 2nd back in this class. I’m not sure why it’s so hard to understand. And the staff agrees, why do you think they’re pursuing Knighton so much? Yes, he’s elite and pairing him with Chaney would be unfair. But you guys think they’re just gonna close the book on RBs if he commits elsewhere?

You don’t take 1 back over 2 classes. Period. This really isn’t that hard. There will be another back in this class.

The problem with Miami and RBs is that we have the numbers, but they’re stacked poorly and I’m not sold on anybody on our room as a Star RB.

I assume that every good RB will leave after his junior season so:

DJ Dallas, JR – Second year as RB, showed ability as a first year back, playmaker with the ball in his hand. I’m not sold on his instincts, thought he left yards on the field by not committing fully to a hole that opened up

Cam Harris, SO – Showed good speed and ability to take to the house. Didn’t see good vision or ability to gain extra yards after contact, appears to take a step this offseason tho

Lingard, SO – Highly touted prospect. Concerns with durability

Burns – Doesn’t have the body to play football

So, if everything goes great this year Deejay leaves and we will have Harris, Lingard and Chaney for 2020. If Lingard and Harris plays as expected both bounce after 2020, we would have only Chaney, and Frs on our roster, this would be unacceptable imo. And we would be absolut thin, in 2020 and beyond, in a position were injuries happen all the time
3 rbs is not sufficient numbers. Guys get injured and you have to ply multiple guys in a game. With the lsu kid transferring before he ever played here, and burs a q if he can physically stay healthy, we are legit short at the position.

Again, such nonsense on this board. Half the posts are ****ting on anything 2021 and beyond (probably rightfully so) and half are these “we’ll fill our needs later” posts. Which one is it? Who’s to say Franklin sticks? Who’s to say he doesn’t blow out his knee? This is such a poor way to look at building a team. You need a 2nd back in this class. I’m not sure why it’s so hard to understand. And the staff agrees, why do you think they’re pursuing Knighton so much? Yes, he’s elite and pairing him with Chaney would be unfair. But you guys think they’re just gonna close the book on RBs if he commits elsewhere?

You don’t take 1 back over 2 classes. Period. This really isn’t that hard. There will be another back in this class.

Needing a 2nd RB and reaching for one are two diff things. I'm all for taking a UM quality RB. I'm just saying a placeholder isn't necessary.

If the UM staff was as desperate for a 2nd RB as you think they are they wouldn't have slow played parrish. And I'm a Parrish fan btw.

Advertisement

If Martin had not left what would your thoughts be then? 1 or 2 still?

If 1, Martin staying is not much different than just hitting the portal for another depth player again next year.

If we don't get two great backs this year I'd rather that route for someone as depth who won't take up four years vs some jag this year. No late fillers.

If we get 2 legit backs, fantastic.

Needing a 2nd RB and reaching for one are two diff things. I'm all for taking a UM quality RB. I'm just saying a placeholder isn't necessary.

If the UM staff was as desperate for a 2nd RB as you think they are they wouldn't have slow played parrish. And I'm a Parrish fan btw.

Timing matters here. They slow played Parrish because they wanted Knighton and RB was less of a priority at the time (or so they thought). They were willing to risk losing out on Parrish because they (inexplicably) liked their odds for Knighton and a second RB was more of a luxury at that time.

But what a difference a couple of months makes. With Asa in the portal, what was considered a luxury (2nd RB) becomes a need. IMO, and as someone who also likes Parrish, this is exactly why you need to read these situations honestly and "take the takes" when they are presented. In the world of college football, with injuries, transfers, and a roster full of 18-23 year old, your depth chart can change in an instance.

Cam and lingard aren’t leaving early the same year. That’s asinine.
Why won't they? If they both produce then they will both likely be gone. Bama just had 2 rbs in the draft. Jacobs was 3rd on the team in carries and went first round.

Chubb and sony both decided to stay for their senior year and was in the draft together. Memphis just had 2 rbs drafted. You don't have to be the starting rb and rush for 1k plus anymore to be drafted high.

Advertisement
His high school football Twitter account actually retweeted an OSU edit. I thought that was pretty classless & now I’m a believer in that staff don’t Fck with Miami when it comes to their players.

They’ll Fck with Miami if they want a job though. It is what it is.

He will without a doubt get interest from other teams. I was never high on dude anyway. We need to add a speed/3rd down back in our locker room. From day one I said that should be Mookie Cooper but we went all in on Knighton instead. Looks like OSU will get both now. We're still a long way from signing day but the staff has to take an L on this situation for now.

Man you really don’t have a clue WTF you’re talking about.

A speedy 3rd down back..what fcking era of football do you think we’re in?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back