Kj Jefferson...commits to UCF

People don’t appreciate just his alien the Veer and Snoot is to the rest of what’s run in college football.

You here NFL people say it all the time. That these Baylor-Tenn guys literally don’t know how to play football. They can’t even run a route.

RGIII talked about how he didn’t even have a playbook at Baylor.
Herndon Hooker didn’t even try to deny the criticism last year, he just emphasized how other systems don’t require you to throw the ball downfield as much, so draft me based on my arm.

Pointing to what a QB did in an offense that basically doesn’t have you playing “QB” within any meaningful sense of the word, is saying nothing. And it tells you nothing about how they would perform outside of that offense.

In the end, we saw Hooker outside of the Veer. It wasn’t good.
We saw Jefferson outside of the Veer, it wasn’t good.
Hendon Hooker showed good play as a freshman at VT. Over 6:1 TD:INT ratio, almost 10ypa. COVID season is one I punt on evaluation, so ymmv on that season, but Hooker wasn't some scrub (and I wasn't a big fan of his at all). He was on all sorts of gas running the VnS, and you're overall point is absolutely valid...I'm just saying.

Jefferson went from the VnS which made him look his best statistically, to Dan Enos that made him look his worst statistically. Tough to glean a lot from that. So, if the result is somewhere in the middle...low 8's ypa, 3:1 TD:INT ratio, ~30 total TDs accounted for, adds a run element to the offense (lets say 500 yards) from the QB position...like, that's not bad, and I agree with your concerns...but that's better than anything we're otherwise trotting out there. If we got that this year, we're probably playing in a NY6 game.

Advertisement
People don’t appreciate just his alien the Veer and Snoot is to the rest of what’s run in college football.

You here NFL people say it all the time. That these Baylor-Tenn guys literally don’t know how to play football. They can’t even run a route.

RGIII talked about how he didn’t even have a playbook at Baylor.
Herndon Hooker didn’t even try to deny the criticism last year, he just emphasized how other systems don’t require you to throw the ball downfield as much, so draft me based on my arm.

Pointing to what a QB did in an offense that basically doesn’t have you playing “QB” within any meaningful sense of the word, is saying nothing. And it tells you nothing about how they would perform outside of that offense.

In the end, we saw Hooker outside of the Veer. It wasn’t good.
We saw Jefferson outside of the Veer, it wasn’t good.
I can’t believe you mentioned this offense to anything NFL… smh
Bro Relax
Our offense is ran by Mario/Shannon
Take it easy Bro, layoff the Cane Juice!

KJ Jefferson has 38 starts in the SEC and is a 64% career passer, 68% at his peak with a career 3:1 TD:INT, with his peak being almost 5:1 with a career average of 8.2 ypa with a career best of 9.1.

I think I can say confidently, that the liklihood of Jacurri Brown hitting those numbers is like under 10%.

When Jefferson had Kendal Briles calling plays for him, he was one of the best QBs in the country. We all know he's probably not a top prospect as a pro, but as a college player, he's quite good.

Yall really are killing KJ because he had Dangerous Dan Enos as his OC last year. Relax with that.

If Cam Ward don't want in and KJ does...we'd be just fine. Everyone loves him as a teammate, too.
Some people are saying Jaccuri > KJ lol

Advertisement
Jefferson holds the ball for a long time and doesn't seem to go through progressions very well. He also has below average arm talent. That Briles scheme got him a lot of those passing stats. Oddly enough, I thought he actually started progressing as a passer under Enos and looked better even though the stats would say otherwise. His WRs this year were very unexplosive and terrible at getting seperation so there is that as well.

I think we could be succesful with him but it wont look at pretty. One thing for sure, some of the defenses we were seeing in the back half of the year when TVD was a literal 0% run threat would never be used against us again. He would eat that up all day

Jefferson holds the ball for a long time and doesn't seem to go through progressions very well. He also has below average arm talent. That Briles scheme got him a lot of those passing stats. Oddly enough, I thought he actually started progressing as a passer under Enos and looked better even though the stats would say otherwise. His WRs this year were very unexplosive and terrible at getting seperation so there is that as well.

I think we could be succesful with him but it wont look at pretty. One thing for sure, some of the defenses we were seeing in the back half of the year when TVD was a literal 0% run threat would never be used against us again. He would eat that up all day

Agree processing is a concern for whichever QB we choose. TBH, I was not impressed by any of the three QBs from a processing perspective. Howard was best, Ward and Jefferson seemed similar. They were all much better than anything we saw from TVD, and were able to recover better when the pocket broke down (but even then, they were not in Travis league). I still think we win 10 games with any of them.

I remember being very impressed with KJ two years ago when things were going well for Arkansas for the first time since the Confederacy. He needs a Kendall Briles type to unlock him though. Would be a great litmus test of Dawson because KJ can get it done.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Y'all liked D'Eriq King. This guy is like if D'Eriq King and Rohan Davey had a child. Its KJ Jefferson.

He's had 38 starts in the P5. We have eyes. We know he's likely not a pro level passer. But you know exactly what you're going to get in college football statistically from him and that projects to be pretty good.

Obviously, I want Ward and we probably get Ward. But if not...we would have been very good last year with KJ Jefferson. We'd be pretty good with him next year. Our offense would be fun and we'd fall in love with him as a competitor. He played with some good players at Arkansas, but nothing like he'd have here in the offense Dawson would likely run with him. This guy behind our OL is very fun.

But I'm just a cheeser from NCAA14 that would spam Power Read Option all day with KJ Jefferson in this offense to a Heisman season on our way to a National Title.

Nah. Ain’t nobody tryna sign a 6’2 1/2 255 LB QB
We need someone who gunna take the game serious..I’m body shaming like bih..but if you looking sloppy playing the QB position at arky..and you talking about bringing that too the 305….🤬NO
Disagree just look at his numbers and not last years! Dude had Dan Enos as his OC last year!!! Like the other person said looks like a 6'2, 6'3 245 pound D'Eriq King! If anything that South Florida heat he can cut some weight and put together his best year in a much easier conference! Sign me up! I wouldn't even wait on Ward!

Advertisement
He’s not a thrower, but a good running QB. The offense would be more run oriented. I’d try to mirror what Philadelphia Eagles does if I was the OC.

Advertisement
Back