Kj Jefferson...commits to UCF

Disagree just look at his numbers and not last years! Dude had Dan Enos as his OC last year!!! Like the other person said looks like a 6'2, 6'3 245 pound D'Eriq King! If anything that South Florida heat he can cut some weight and put together his best year in a much easier conference! Sign me up! I wouldn't even wait on Ward!
He is more like what The T urd’s Richardson was than King in my opinion. It be a shame to bring in a player with similar traits as Jacurri. Blessings to all.

Advertisement
Dead Period:

• December 18, 2023 – January 11, 2024
    • Except: The seven days immediately before the first day of classes of the institution’s second academic term that are not part of the contact period (applicable only to prospective student athletes who intend to enroll midyear) is a quiet period

Advertisement
Dead Period:

• December 18, 2023 – January 11, 2024
    • Except: The seven days immediately before the first day of classes of the institution’s second academic term that are not part of the contact period (applicable only to prospective student athletes who intend to enroll midyear) is a quiet period
That’s for high schoolers. Transfers can start back visiting Jan 3rd

Advertisement
this. I agree fully,

KJ is a great runner. No question about that. And by all accounts, is a good teammate and a good fit culture wise.

However, if we end up with KJ, instead of one of Ward/Howard, I will make a prediction:

IF he's healthy and had a full spring, (and that's a big IF), .... Emory is your starter opening day 2024.

Emory is a much more natural passer than KJ, and at the end of the day, when you have the OL we have and the RB room we will put together, you pick the heady guy who can sling the rock over the athlete who doesn't have the same level of arm talent. If you could overcome passing deficiencies with great size and athleticism, then Jacurri would have been your starter at some point this year.

"anyway, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."
What did you see in Emory that made you think he’s a starter at a P5 program?

Advertisement
What did you see in Emory that made you think he’s a starter at a P5 program?

when i saw him throw at one of the elite 11’s

his accuracy is top tier as a thrower.

His size and build

his mental makeup and approach

He has all the tools as a thrower, he just needs to learn how to be a QB.

I am also going not just on my observations, but those opinions of people i trust that have also seem him play

And throw out the struggles in his two games he started this year.

Ken Dorsey was 4 for 12 and 7 of 16 in his first two games. (NOT saying he’s Dorsey).

But the point is, QB eval and development process is a very much “big picture” exercise. Don’t know if Emory definitely delivers. Too early to tell. And at this point, no one else does. But the tools are there to say he has a chance and that’s all you can ask or expect. And to make a determination based on what we know today that he’s not it, is pretty silly and no good coach would do that

I knew Jake Garcia was going to suck from the jump because I saw obvious deficiencies that coaching couldn’t overcome. But I also thought that TVD’s arm talent was going to carry him further and more consistently than it did. The evidence was there from the start for both, just as it is for emory to be good.

Am I wrong or right? Who the fu*k knows …. But my observation is I think emory’s got a good shot. After staying healthy, the most important thing is that he has the mental makeup for a good QB. I’ve worked with QB’s who had mediocre arm strength and made them better. i have also helped guys with footwork issues, or ball handling challenges.

But neither I nor any coach can fix stupid.

And you can’t make a kid tougher and more motivated of they aren’t already wired that way.

But with kids like Emory, when you got smart, tough, and motivated, and you throw in big and strong, you got a chance to mould them into a player.

After that: The rest is mostly just good fortune

Last edited:
when i saw him throw at one of the elite 11’s

his accuracy is top tier as a thrower.

His size and build

his mental makeup and approach

He has all the tools as a thrower, he just needs to learn how to be a QB.

I am also going not just on my observations, but those opinions of people i trust that have also seem him play

And throw out the struggles in his two games he started this year.

Ken Dorsey was 4 for 12 and 7 of 16 in his first two games. (NOT saying he’s Dorsey).

But the point is, QB eval and development process is a very much “big picture” exercise. Don’t know if Emory definitely delivers. Too early to tell. And at this point, no one else does. But the tools are there to say he has a chance and that’s all you can ask or expect. And to make a determination based on what we know today that he’s not it, is pretty silly and no good coach would do that

I knew Jake Garcia was going to suck from the jump because I saw obvious deficiencies that coaching couldn’t overcome. But I also thought that TVD’s arm talent was going to carry him further and more consistently than it did. The evidence was there from the start for both, just as it is for emory to be good.

Am I wrong or right? Who the fu*k knows …. But my observation is I think emory’s got a good shot. After staying healthy, the most important thing is that he has the mental makeup for a good QB. I’ve worked with QB’s who had mediocre arm strength and made them better. i have also helped guys with footwork issues, or ball handling challenges.

But neither I nor any coach can fix stupid.

And you can’t make a kid tougher and more motivated of they aren’t already wired that way.

But with kids like Emory, when you got smart, tough, and motivated, and you throw in big and strong, you got a chance to mould them into a player.

After that: The rest is mostly just good fortune
I agree with mostly everything you said except with the the fact that you said there’s “evidence that Emory could be good.” I didn’t see it. He threw some nice out routes and granted he played in some tough environments but he didn’t look impressive throwing the ball. Although he has good mechanics.
Also goes without saying, he’s tough as **** and I’ll be rooting for him.

I agree with mostly everything you said except with the the fact that you said there’s “evidence that Emory could be good.” I didn’t see it. He threw some nice out routes and granted he played in some tough environments but he didn’t look impressive throwing the ball. Although he has good mechanics.
I thought he looked fine considering he started in two of the biggest and more high-pressure games of the entire season.

The most important thing that he did, was NOT turn it over.

I saw a true freshman step up for the moment, and rise to the occasion.

Like everyone else, I'd like to see him sharpen the tools, but I actually like what I saw.

Advertisement
What about his first start against Clemson, a team that's had our number. He led the team back from a fourth quarter 10-point deficit to a victory. He showed something you can't teach.

He just needs reps and for the game to slow down. But it's unlikely he'll be ready next year. We still need a one-year starter.

If he can take that roster against that schedule to 9 wins.

He can definitely win 10 games here.

They were only uncompetitive in 1 game. That was against the eventual national champ Georgia.

He also almost beat the Bama team that absolutely waxed us.
He's better than tvd he'd be an upgrade I will agree on that and they'd win games but just my opinion I dont view him in as high of regard as lot of people on here but my opinion doesn't matter lol

Advertisement
Back