Kirkland Touches Base

View as article
I hope he realizes just how important he is to this class and the program. Many times, an OL can't see his real relevance unless they're set to "step right into an open position." Kirkland might not start as a true Frosh, but he's essential beyond that, and it needs to be effectively communicated with him.

At this point last year, outside of a handful of guys (yours truly included), no one thought Ereck Flowers was going to be so highly regarded, nevermind a starter going into the BC game.

Personally...I think Kirkland is more of a guard and needs some work, but we'll see what happens with him. I liked Isidora more at this point of their careers..but I am intrigued to see how Kirkland plays out his senior year.

I agree with the Guard part, I dont see a Tackle at all, but I see an possibly NFL caliber guard though.

Advertisement
I hope he realizes just how important he is to this class and the program. Many times, an OL can't see his real relevance unless they're set to "step right into an open position." Kirkland might not start as a true Frosh, but he's essential beyond that, and it needs to be effectively communicated with him.

At this point last year, outside of a handful of guys (yours truly included), no one thought Ereck Flowers was going to be so highly regarded, nevermind a starter going into the BC game.

Personally...I think Kirkland is more of a guard and needs some work, but we'll see what happens with him. I liked Isidora more at this point of their careers..but I am intrigued to see how Kirkland plays out his senior year.

I agree with the Guard part, I dont see a Tackle at all, but I see an possibly NFL caliber guard though.

I don't see a Tackle. I've elaborated in earlier posts. He's a leaner. I see a guy we need because of numbers and his versatility. I just don't like that he probably sees a bunch of numbers ahead of him in terms of the immediate future, but those numbers will clear out.

Ya. OG or bust, OMO.

Advertisement
Ol Larry doesn't like linemen who reach. It is a nasty habit to stop.

If your a reacher im definately not a big fan...especially with splitting them out at tackle.

Kirkland to me is a "solid prospect" problem with him is and what ive been saying since spring is ...he put on too much weight. Kirkland is 330 when he needs to be under 315 to be as affective as he was in years pass. He's a guard all the way in my opinion...and we have a guard already in the fold imo.

I still want him in the class but he is 2 years away from time...and i think we need a top shelf tackle in the class.

If your a reacher im definately not a big fan...especially with splitting them out at tackle.

Kirkland to me is a "solid prospect" problem with him is and what ive been saying since spring is ...he put on too much weight. Kirkland is 330 when he needs to be under 315 to be as affective as he was in years pass. He's a guard all the way in my opinion...and we have a guard already in the fold imo.

I still want him in the class but he is 2 years away from time...and i think we need a top shelf tackle in the class.

****, we need more than one top shelf tackle in this class.

2013 OT= Bunche, Flowers, Gadbois, and maybe Seantrel. That's it. It's a horrendous depth chart.

2014 OT= Bunche, Flowers, Gadbois. It's even worse.

Some of you are taking the "I don't want to have to" a little to serious

lol. Exactly.

He never said he "doesnt want to stay". He said he "doesnt want to have to stay". In other words, he doesn't want to be forced into staying if he doesnt want to, which means he wants to see what else is out there and be able to leave the state if he wants. He is probably getting pressure from family/friends to stay home.

It is scary that you spend time trying to decipher meaning in the words of a high school kid.

****, we need more than one top shelf tackle in this class.

2013 OT= Bunche, Flowers, Gadbois, and maybe Seantrel. That's it. It's a horrendous depth chart.

2014 OT= Bunche, Flowers, Gadbois. It's even worse.

thing is we have swing guys like Feliciano, and Linder who can both play tackle...we need to bring a top shelf tackle in this class....like you say maybe two.
Quite frankly i want a juco guy actually....which would work with schollie deductions

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back