Kirk Herbstreit: "Miami played conservative in 2nd half.."

You get sentenced 20 years for a crime you didn't commit. You meet your 6-6, 275 lb cellmate named Bubba. He likes you, really likes you. Are you gonna just resign yourself to the daily *** raping and figure that it's gonna happen anyway so just sit back and enjoy it? Are you gonna just hope that it stops?

I'll log onto a message board and complain. Shirley that will make the *** rapings stop.

As fans, our power is limited.

Que???

Don't matter? Ask about the number of Golden Hurricane members that have indicated they are not renewing next year, and overall season ticket holders that aren't also renewing next year. That is a tremendous amount of revenue that is going out the window.

the only thing that the University has stated is all CURRENT Golden Hurricane members are up to date with payments. When pressed with how many have indicated they will not continue next year, the two comments I have heard is 1 "No Comment" and 2 "Current campaigns are underway to continue the success we have enjoyed with our Golden Hurricane members". Let me translate, we are fuggin screwed unless something changes.

What does that have to do with anything I said?

habla?

Advertisement
Blah blah blah blah
All I know is that we are 6-4 in a year where we may get up to 8 players drafted, four of them in the first 3/4 rounds. All of this with the best QB play in a decade. Ultimately it's about results. Golden and the staff suck donkey ****.

287m145.jpg

Dammit Venice you beat me to posting my own ****!

Blah blah blah blah
All I know is that we are 6-4 in a year where we may get up to 8 players drafted, four of them in the first 3/4 rounds. All of this with the best QB play in a decade. Ultimately it's about results. Golden and the staff suck donkey ****.

real talk. Coaches have to be accountable for their record. Even head **** gator stated it correctly, you are what your record is.

Blah blah blah blah

YES. Highest rated QB in the ACC, more TD's than any other QB, less INT's than Winston. And we're 6-4.

Squandered the talent on this team. But we're supposed to believe "we didn't execute".

Advertisement
You get sentenced 20 years for a crime you didn't commit. You meet your 6-6, 275 lb cellmate named Bubba. He likes you, really likes you. Are you gonna just resign yourself to the daily *** raping and figure that it's gonna happen anyway so just sit back and enjoy it? Are you gonna just hope that it stops?

I'll log onto a message board and complain. Shirley that will make the *** rapings stop.

As fans, our power is limited.

Que???

Don't matter? Ask about the number of Golden Hurricane members that have indicated they are not renewing next year, and overall season ticket holders that aren't also renewing next year. That is a tremendous amount of revenue that is going out the window.

the only thing that the University has stated is all CURRENT Golden Hurricane members are up to date with payments. When pressed with how many have indicated they will not continue next year, the two comments I have heard is 1 "No Comment" and 2 "Current campaigns are underway to continue the success we have enjoyed with our Golden Hurricane members". Let me translate, we are fuggin screwed unless something changes.

What does that have to do with anything I said?

habla?

Exactly. Limited.

All we can do is voice our complaints and withhold money.

But if the team wins out (something we can't control), Golden isn't going to lose support.

After rewatching, I don't really agree. If we had lost the game airing it out while Duke was chillin' averaging 6 yards a pop, we would call Golden dumb for not giving the rock to the best player on the team. We killed them over the middle in the first half. FSU adjusted by playing more zone and putting a robber in the middle of the field. The running game was working, but we didn't properly adjust in the passing game. We also had a couple big plays that didn't work. Just missed Coley down the sideline when we took a deep shot. Yearby would've gotten huge yardage on a screen pass that was batted down. Dorsett would've gotten huge yards on a pass that was batted down. Dobard fumbled the ball as we were crossing deep into FSU territory. They were two evenly matched teams, and FSU made one more play than we did. Now is that an indictment on Golden's record as a whole? Sure. But I didn't have a big problem with the coaching in the actual game.

Too much sense in this post for this board, whether you're a slurper or a moper.

On game day: Sacked up and attacked the field, especially on D. Make adjustments, they adjusted their coverage at the half, a real coach would've kept attacking but changed the script a little. Our coach admittedly came into the game with one gameplan and then went into a shell when they adjusted. Our D went full bend don't break ****** status, a couple fluke plays definitely didn't help, to your credit.

I don't agree with this.

We didn't go into bend-don't-break mode. We were still playing a lot of man coverage. Rapeis was throwing into tight windows. Offensively, we made adjustments when they took a defender out of the box and ran the ball successfully. I think we could've attacked the flats better because FSU was squatting on the middle of the field, which is where we were eatin'.

Before game day: not lose 32 of his 70 recruits. This is almost the most damning thing, it's hard to win anything of significance if you're such a bad manager of people Sunday-Friday that you can't field your team on Saturday.

I don't completely disagree, but that's just a different issue.

After rewatching, I don't really agree. If we had lost the game airing it out while Duke was chillin' averaging 6 yards a pop, we would call Golden dumb for not giving the rock to the best player on the team. We killed them over the middle in the first half. FSU adjusted by playing more zone and putting a robber in the middle of the field. The running game was working, but we didn't properly adjust in the passing game. We also had a couple big plays that didn't work. Just missed Coley down the sideline when we took a deep shot. Yearby would've gotten huge yardage on a screen pass that was batted down. Dorsett would've gotten huge yards on a pass that was batted down. Dobard fumbled the ball as we were crossing deep into FSU territory. They were two evenly matched teams, and FSU made one more play than we did. Now is that an indictment on Golden's record as a whole? Sure. But I didn't have a big problem with the coaching in the actual game.

Too much sense in this post for this board, whether you're a slurper or a moper.

Sure does a great job scapegoating the offense but it doesn't explain at all how our defense squandered a 16 point lead.

Advertisement
I get it, many feel lost hope.

Don't lose hope. As long as Miami can recruit itself and we have the football talent pool down here, we shouldn't lose hope. The Golden problem will work itself out, one way or another. If Golden is the coach some think he is, he will make the Butch corner they think (I don't). If he doesn't, we have to tolerate it for another 1-2 years, but it won't go on further than that.

But never let folks let you believe you shouldn't voice your displeasure with a crappy product or mute your voice. Never.

I get it, many feel lost hope.

Don't lose hope. As long as Miami can recruit itself and we have the football talent pool down here, we shouldn't lose hope. The Golden problem will work itself out, one way or another. If Golden is the coach some think he is, he will make the Butch corner they think (I don't). If he doesn't, we have to tolerate it for another 1-2 years, but it won't go on further than that.

But never let folks let you believe you shouldn't voice your displeasure with a crappy product or mute your voice. Never.

Agreed.

I don't think Golden is a good coach. I think he's conservative by nature and he doesn't anticipate well. He has to deal with everything linearly. For example, we were struggling in recruiting, so he assembled a staff full of recruiters and not enough teachers.

However, I HOPE he's learning on the job. Ever since the GT game, we've been a lot more aggressive, and we've been getting the results we've expected. It's only been four games, which is a small sample size. Maybe almost getting fired opened Golden's eyes. Maybe Jimmy Johnson called him up and said, "Al, you ******' up." Whatever happened, something changed.

I don't think Golden can sustain it, but like you said, it'll work itself out.

Sure does a great job scapegoating the offense but it doesn't explain at all how our defense squandered a 16 point lead.

You have a point here. But as improved as our d looked I would have completely been shocked to have kept those ***** from moving the ball when they went up-tempo. Everyone knew they were going to come out shooting in second half.

In rewatching it, cause I missed a lot at the actual game talking ****, we were still playing a lot of man, and still blitzing, but yes not as much as first half. I had hoped we'd hold them the 14-17 Pts in second half as the best case scenario- which would have been one **** of a complete game for our D, given our historically ****** performances in games that matter. But that still may not have been enough because we only scored 3 points in the second half. We still called almost the same amount of pass plays, and were running more - and rightfully so because they were playing off. But when you go more run, you need to hit on the big pass plays that present themselves. We didn't. Unlucky in a way. Kaaya hasn't had that many tipped balls in one game all year.

Look, I agree with the sentiment that al is not a winner. I think a 2-3 loss season is as good as it will get with him, and it scares me that admin will be fine with competing for coastals and not NCs. But this ONE loss was more of a great football game where one side just made a couple more plays or a got a couple bounces. We have a crap ton of games to point solely at our staff for ****ting the bed and that starts with al, I just don't think Saturday was one of them.

You have a point here. But as improved as our d looked I would have completely been shocked to have kept those ***** from moving the ball when they went up-tempo. Everyone knew they were going to come out shooting in second half.

In rewatching it, cause I missed a lot at the actual game talking ****, we were still playing a lot of man, and still blitzing, but yes not as much as first half. I had hoped we'd hold them the 14-17 Pts in second half as the best case scenario- which would have been one **** of a complete game for our D, given our historically ****** performances in games that matter. But that still may not have been enough because we only scored 3 points in the second half. We still called almost the same amount of pass plays, and were running more - and rightfully so because they were playing off. But when you go more run, you need to hit on the big pass plays that present themselves. We didn't. Unlucky in a way. Kaaya hasn't had that many tipped balls in one game all year.

Look, I agree with the sentiment that al is not a winner. I think a 2-3 loss season is as good as it will get with him, and it scares me that admin will be fine with competing for coastals and not NCs. But this ONE loss was more of a great football game where one side just made a couple more plays or a got a couple bounces. We have a crap ton of games to point solely at our staff for ****ting the bed and that starts with al, I just don't think Saturday was one of them.

Well, not everyone. We looked completely unprepared defensively coming out of the half. Not finishing a game is absolutely on the coaches. In particular, Golden.

Advertisement
Because of this fraud coach we have, we basically handed FSU an opportunity to get #4 and beat our 34 game winning streak. The hits just keep on coming. Im sick of it.

The game was won on the recruiting trail.

Dalvin Cook personally takes FSU to the house after a 1st and 20 from the 45
Demarcus Walker saves what is sure to be a huge gain on a draw to Yearby
Jalen Ramsey blitzes and bats down a pass that would have been a touchdown
Jalen Ramsey intercepts Kaaya on the last play of the game.

Very simply, they had difference makers at a crucial time in the game.

I hate 2 agree but that 1st sentence is truth

Advertisement

I agree also.

We were up 23-7. The game was bungled.

We didn't execute on a lot of plays, e.g. Berrios dropped TD, missed FG, Warlord fumble, Dobard fumble, blocked extra point etc...

Ultimately EVERYTHING falls on the head coach, but I didn't have a big problem with the coaches' decision-making in the second half.
Mind if I ask you a quRstion? You and ALfraud both use this phrase "we didn't execute". Who the **** is "we". How about just saying THE PLAYERS lost the game? You say you don't blame the players, then you...blame the players. Can't help yourself, can you.

I don't blame the players.

Lol. Talkin out both sides his mouth like someone with weird motives does. And yea, it's not like fsu didn't make any mistakes

In a 100% honest assessment I don't agree with him now and I didn't agree with his comments during the game. Trust me I was furious with the outcome and cussing and throwing **** too but we just weren't making the plays that were in front of us.

I was perfectly fine with the play calling in the 2nd half. We choked and the execution sucked. When you don't make plays....it's easy to say we shut it down. We were taking shots early, passing on running downs. Execution pure and simple.

simple question. would you say poorly coached teams tend to execute less and make more mistake than good coached teams? you know things like practice habits, motivation from the coaches, and etc. A bad coaching staff can affect the poor performance on the field in more ways than one. it's not always that they just have bad game plans. it could also be that they don't have sufficient practice routines, make bad in game adjustments, and fail to motivate their team. i'll give you two examples of what i'm talking about. USC and Auburn. Look at USC after kiffin was canned and see how well they played with the same players. now do the same for Auburn when chizik was canned. both looked like completely different teams. played with more fire and passion. idk why people are always so afraid to believe bad coaches do exist or coaches that just aren't the right fit for a program.

canesareable is going full blown slurper again after jumping off the bandwagon

SMH when U gonna learn man?

You better than this, bruh.

Golden's ****ty track record speaks for itself. We don't need to manufacture stuff. I thought FSU was a well-coached game. That doesn't mean Al Golden is a good coach.

IJS it doesnt look good when your replying to EVERY post in a thread defending him........

Like TerdFerguson mentioned in another thread, I'm just tired of the "Al Golden sucks. Let me count the ways" threads. We all know he's been a bum.

The problem is he's done enough to save his job. NOT in the message board's view, but in the view of the BOT and public opinion. Barring a late-season collapse, he's going to be here next year.

We can either hope the team goes in the ****ter, or we can hope the team continues to improve.

I'm HOPING Golden almost getting fired mid-season opened his eyes.

This. It just seems like thread after thread of AG sucks and states reasons, whether rational or not, over and over. Wasn't there a Herbie article where he praised the progress AG had made and the same crowd jumped on him in here and said Herbie is a joke and doesn't know what he is talking about?

The fact is that the mainstream opinion in college football is that AG inherited a bad deal and has made progress. Your hear the ESPN announcers say it every week. The improved defense stats scream it. Perception IS reality. That's what the administration seems to think as well. Many in this board don't want to accept that AG probably has thru 2015...perhaps more.

I agree that AG has made plenty of mistakes (see that Franchise?) I just don't get rooting for the canes to lose and hoping some big name winner coach will come riding in on a white horse, the clouds will part, sun will shine and birds will chirp. In reality, you are betting the same crew that hired AG are going to do something different if he gets canned....is that a good bet? My bet is AG goes thru 2015 no matter what.

Bottom line: I want Canes to win no matter who is coaching.

Advertisement
Back