Kirby steals Bama SC coach

Advertisement
Jawja can hire whomever they want...they can steal our mystique. But, they can't match our ships. Their own fanbase knows he cant win the big one.

For now.

He can't continue to spend like this and not provide a national championship. What LSU did this past season has increased the pressure on Kirby (and Jimbo, Gus and Dan). Big budgets and spend come with the expectation of championships.
SEC just signed a new contract with ESPN that gives 20M$ additional to each school. pressure at the SEC is the same for all big spenders and candidly the Gators have the $$$ but do not spend on par with LSU, Bama, UGA and TAMU at this pointing time.
Kirby keeps stacking talent he will break thru....
Stop fibbing to yourself. They played for one Nc. They're a contender based on speculation at the beginning of the year.
UGA as a program is in top tier, if they would have beat S.Carolina they would have been in playoffs
need to separate Kirbys results vs Richts. top tier at the moment Bama, LSU, Clemson,OSU,OU and UGA
then you got your next tier say PSU, Michigan, Fla, Auburn Oregon at this point..... then all the rest

SEC just signed a new contract with ESPN that gives 20M$ additional to each school. pressure at the SEC is the same for all big spenders and candidly the Gators have the $$$ but do not spend on par with LSU, Bama, UGA and TAMU at this pointing time.

UGA as a program is in top tier, if they would have beat S.Carolina they would have been in playoffs
need to separate Kirbys results vs Richts. top tier at the moment Bama, LSU, Clemson,OSU,OU and UGA
then you got your next tier say PSU, Michigan, Fla, Auburn Oregon at this point..... then all the rest

Losing to South Carolina is what makes him like Richt.

Could've;would've

Advertisement

And until he breaks through and wins the natty the pressure will continue to increase on Kirby. If you spend like bama you better deliver championships like Saban has done. The new SEC TV deal does not change the amount of pressure Kirby is facing.

We always see assistants leaving Bama. The big question is when will that take its toll? Has Saban seen his best days? How glorious would it be to have our beating him in 2021 be the start of a bad season ending with his retirement?

I can dream.

I do wonder if Saban might start turning into Bobby Bowden before long.

With 5 titles, Saban would basically be impossible to force out. Bowden was almost impossible for FSU to force out, and he had only 2 national titles, one of which (1993) was a joke.

Kirby's early results aren't that different than Richt's early results. Richt's teams in the first half of his tenure frequently won the SEC, were basically a perennial top 10 team, and seemed like they might break through and actually win a natty at some point.

The second half of Richt's tenure? Eh, that's kind of a different story.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Anyone who's ever analyzed Cochran's programs know that he's just... fine. Really. He's good, not amazing.

Everyone thinks he's The GOAT™ strength and conditioning coach because he enjoys yelling 24/7 and Alabama gets the best players and will spend any amount to... umm... "fuel" them. Y'all are also way too hung up on this Tommy Moffitt bloodline like we're racing horses or something.

These guys are dinosaurs and not as amazing as you think they are. Yeah, they were ahead of their time from like '99-'05. That was 15 years ago. How to make athletes better isn't super secretive anymore; here's the book it's all currently based on now: Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning. Have at it.

Trust me, if you gave me a blank check, Alabama's facilities, and every 5 star athlete in the country, you'd be calling me the best in CFB too. How hard do you guys think it actually is to to train Derrick Henry and Julio Jones? Why do you think Swasey looked so good in '01 and so incompetent under Golden?
Absolute facts. The rubes get too caught up in hype. It’s exactly why so many yokels get duped into buying those yeezy nurse sneakers that look like awful New Balance from 1997.

And until he breaks through and wins the natty the pressure will continue to increase on Kirby. If you spend like bama you better deliver championships like Saban has done. The new SEC TV deal does not change the amount of pressure Kirby is facing.
all schools that spend big, expect to win big pressure on top tier schools is flat out intense..... Jimbo
's seat is getting warm at the moment . Bobby Bowden said it best when Noles were always in the hunt i'm winning i am Sweet Old Bobby.... i lose and the SOB does not stand for sweet old Bobby.
UGA after years of not funding program are spending and will continue to spend......Dawgs do not want to go back to consistently losing to Gators

Could've;would've
at the moment who would you rather be UGA with a proven coach like Smart or a mid tier Coastal team with CMD ?
UGA will be in the mix for a good long time as UGA has found that successful athletic team boost entire profile of school .
been so long since we been relevant lot of fans think never was rather has been !
Parcells said it best you are what your record says you are UGA 10+ play-offs contender....... I'd take it in a heartbeat

Advertisement
at the moment who would you rather be UGA with a proven coach like Smart or a mid tier Coastal team with CMD ?
UGA will be in the mix for a good long time as UGA has found that successful athletic team boost entire profile of school .
been so long since we been relevant lot of fans think never was rather has been !
Parcells said it best you are what your record says you are UGA 10+ play-offs contender....... I'd take it in a heartbeat
Ask me if I care....
Im not a front runner. It's simple. All I want to be is a Miami Hurricane. :neonu:
Everything in life isn't roses.

Hope Manny can unlock this level of petty.

Kirby took a pic of Bama's recruiting board before he went to UGA to show the recruits that weren't that high on their board.

🤣 Anyone who thinks Kirby is "THE PROBLEM " in College Football is in for a HUGE reality check

THE "PROBLEMS" of $$$ , cheating and underhanded tactics didn't start with Kirby at UGA.......and it will keep going on long after he is gone

There's a wannabe Kirby at every school with high demands and expectations and where $$ flow to help meet those expectations

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ask me if I care....
Im not a front runner. It's simple. All I want to be is a Miami Hurricane. :neonu:
Everything in life isn't roses.
give props were props are due, UGA was just OK, Kirby took them to next level.
we seem to be vaguely waking up after a series of misadventures of 15 years, not sure CMD andJames get it done
but 1 coastal crown is not a strong point as well as poor decisions on football HC have not helped eithier
will not drink offseason kool aid

give props were props are due, UGA was just OK, Kirby took them to next level.
we seem to be vaguely waking up after a series of misadventures of 15 years, not sure CMD andJames get it done
but 1 coastal crown is not a strong point as well as poor decisions on football HC have not helped eithier
will not drink offseason kool aid
Lulz.....

Absolute facts. The rubes get too caught up in hype. It’s exactly why so many yokels get duped into buying those yeezy nurse sneakers that look like awful New Balance from 1997.
Are you suggesting our base has a rube/yokel percentage of at least 30%?

Saban's got his new guy:

Indiana’s David Ballou has accepted the Crimson Tide’s offer and, barring an unforeseen occurrence, is expected to be its next strength coach. Ballou served as the Hoosier football team’s director of athletic performance the last two years.

A former fullback at Indiana, Ballou interviewed at Alabama over the weekend, which went well, per sources. Ballou is regarded as one of the top strength coaches in college football.

Prior to Indiana, Ballou spent the 2017 season as Notre Dame’s co-director of football strength and conditioning. In the two years before that, he was the head football strength and conditioning coach at IMG Academy. From 2002-14, Ballow was the head strength and conditioning coach at Avon (Ind.) High School where he developed 80 Division I athletes.

A three-year letterwinner (1997-99) at Indiana, Ballou has long been connected to strength and conditioning. During his time in Bloomington, Ind., he was recognized as the Hoosier Strength Challenge Champion. He graduated from IU in 2001 with a bachelor’s degree in kinesiology and earned his master’s degree in 2009 in human movement from A.T. Still University.

Along with Ballou, UA is also expected to hire Dr. Matt Rhea, an athletic performance coach at Indiana. Prior to his stint in Bloomington, Rhea was the head of sport science at IMG Academy (2016-17) and launched a consulting company in 2001, “providing direction in areas of athlete development, speed training, injury prevention and performance optimization” to clients.

The combination of Ballou and Rhea will get to work in Alabama’s new Sports Science Center, which will help to speed recovery and prevent injury. Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban was sure to mention the new asset after he announced his search for a new strength coach.

From the Bama mod on their 247 board:
Have been told by someone close to Ballou that he turned down three NFL jobs last year and two this year. Very much in demand.

- Same source said it would take the perfect place and situation for him to leave. He’s an IU guy for a long time so Alabama is fortunate to land him. The ability to work with UA-type recruits was the biggest selling point.

- Also was told that UA is already in motion to upgrade the weight room for what Ballou/Rhea need for their system.

- As we told you when Cochran left, Saban saw this as a chance to change some things and upgrade to a newer, more up-to-date system. He was all in and did his due diligence here and wasn’t in a rush until he found his guy.

Advertisement
Back