Kirby steals Bama SC coach

Advertisement
Sabag ain't a happy camper. Read an article this evening that said he held a team meeting at 4pm and wouldn't let Cochran address the team.
That’s why Sabag is the ultimate winner in the history of college football. He’s not concerned with doing the classy thing. He only cares about his program and winning. Fck Cochran. He’s a UbaGA coach now.

Yeah ST's in title, but he'll be helping out the rest of the Defense, like how Patke is our ST's coach but his primary job is Strikers & LB's.
Can we switch with uga? It is like they have King Kong and we have the Beverly Hills Chihuahua. Make that the Taco Bell Dog. I have a deer head Chihuahua and she is mean enough to scare me. Patke can't do that.

Dumb hire. He's never coached before and now with an on field title he can't even be utilized much for what he's great at. Screams of desperation from Kirby.

Advertisement
Anyone who's ever analyzed Cochran's programs know that he's just... fine. Really. He's good, not amazing.

Everyone thinks he's The GOAT™ strength and conditioning coach because he enjoys yelling 24/7 and Alabama gets the best players and will spend any amount to... umm... "fuel" them. Y'all are also way too hung up on this Tommy Moffitt bloodline like we're racing horses or something.

These guys are dinosaurs and not as amazing as you think they are. Yeah, they were ahead of their time from like '99-'05. That was 15 years ago. How to make athletes better isn't super secretive anymore; here's the book it's all currently based on now: Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning. Have at it.

Trust me, if you gave me a blank check, Alabama's facilities, and every 5 star athlete in the country, you'd be calling me the best in CFB too. How hard do you guys think it actually is to to train Derrick Henry and Julio Jones? Why do you think Swasey looked so good in '01 and so incompetent under Golden?

Anyone who's ever analyzed Cochran's programs know that he's just... fine. Really. He's good, not amazing.

Everyone thinks he's The GOAT™ strength and conditioning coach because he enjoys yelling 24/7 and Alabama gets the best players and will spend any amount to... umm... "fuel" them. Y'all are also way too hung up on this Tommy Moffitt bloodline like we're racing horses or something.

These guys are dinosaurs and not as amazing as you think they are. Yeah, they were ahead of their time from like '99-'05. That was 15 years ago. How to make athletes better isn't super secretive anymore; here's the book it's all currently based on now: Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning. Have at it.

Trust me, if you gave me a blank check, Alabama's facilities, and every 5 star athlete in the country, you'd be calling me the best in CFB too. How hard do you guys think it actually is to to train Derrick Henry and Julio Jones? Why do you think Swasey looked so good in '01 and so incompetent under Golden?

Personally, I think the biggest blow is to Bama just because of the timing. Going into spring / summer with a mild deficit in institutional knowledge on returning players programming and ability to handle fatigue on this is going to hurt them slightly.

It's not a great move for Georgia.

Personally, I think the biggest blow is to Bama just because of the timing. Going into spring / summer with a mild deficit in institutional knowledge on returning players programming and ability to handle fatigue on this is going to hurt them slightly.

It's not a great move for Georgia.
Yeah, no doubt at all that this will disrupt their ecosystem. And Cochran has been there forever and I'm sure they have a certain way of doing things that all the upperclassmen are familiar with.

I wonder what he'll actually be doing for UGA though; I find it hard to believe he won't do exactly what he does at Bama currently.

Advertisement
immense pressure on all schools that are at the top, Kirby brought Nick's "how to win a ship" with him..... results are a national title contender every year...... not bad....... lot of schools up there on the pinnacle with UGA
Stop fibbing to yourself. They played for one Nc. They're a contender based on speculation at the beginning of the year.

Supposedly he has ambitions of being a head coach. Thus the move to the coaching ranks from the strength department. Sabans getting older and a day closer to retirement too.

Dumb hire. He's never coached before and now with an on field title he can't even be utilized much for what he's great at. Screams of desperation from Kirby.

this reminds me of miami giving play calling duties to Coley when Fisher knew what he was good for and what he wasnt

Advertisement
They've quickly become my most hated team in CFB. Spending like the 2000s Yankees and falling flat on their face would be the icing on the cake.
Not quite my most hated (Gators will forever occupy that spot), but they're up there which is crazy bc they were probably my 2nd team for most of my life.

Between the massive staff doing real analytics and the recruiting networks that walk talent right to their door, I fail to see how this is some major blow to Bama. There's probably strength coaches in the NFL who would probably take this job and do very well there. I don't see why this is some big coup for Smart.

Advertisement
We always see assistants leaving Bama. The big question is when will that take its toll? Has Saban seen his best days? How glorious would it be to have our beating him in 2021 be the start of a bad season ending with his retirement?

I can dream.

Advertisement
Back