Kirby Smart making waves

Advertisement
Smart's recruiting success at Georgia (and Richt's struggles) go hand in hand with the knowledge he gained at Bama about using the Bag Man

what

richt killed it in recruiting at uga

especially at... uga

Well, he can kill it on the recruiting trail all he wants. If he has more performances on the side lines like he did in year 1, he's fcked.

Go look at 247's roster rankings. UGA is 6th. It's a complete myth that CMR struggled recruiting there

Last edited:
Advertisement
The only place this goober is making waves is the shallow end of the gene pool.

20170127_180015.jpg

4-4 in the Sec East last year .... and it was a down year
-3 of the wins were by a TOTAL of 11 points.......not the guy I want running the program --looked lost in year 1

Advertisement
He copied it from Saban who just helicoptered into Palm Beach today.

Maybe Smart will be like Ron Zook where he'll at least leave a stacked cupboard for his successor. Granted that he is a total coRch on the sideline.

I'd love being the coach to take over for Kirby Smart. A stacked cupboard, but fairly low expectations stemming from Smart's bad W-L record. The best of both worlds.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kirby's ability to coach is still TBD. But this Georgia recruiting class is better than any of Richt's (just from a rankings perspective).

Not saying this is Smart will be more successful - but there's no question Smart's first year bump in recruiting is crushing CMR's right now.

If you do the "we're awesome at recruiting," it's only going to place more pressure on the W/L column. And, still unclear if he has what it takes there.

Advertisement
Kirby's ability to coach is still TBD. But this Georgia recruiting class is better than any of Richt's (just from a rankings perspective).

Not saying this is Smart will be more successful - but there's no question Smart's first year bump in recruiting is crushing CMR's right now.

What I find concerning is that Richt was bringing in top 10 classes annually at UGA, but was still very mediocre for the second half of his tenure. He only had about a .680 win % from 2009 on.

And somehow he's supposed to get better results getting just barely top 20 classes at Miami? Something doesn't compute here.

If you do the "we're awesome at recruiting," it's only going to place more pressure on the W/L column. And, still unclear if he has what it takes there.

Make no mistake- he sucks at coaching. They should have been about 5-7 last year not 8-5. Smart will be fired after 3-4 years.

But Kirby Smart is at the top of the list of coaches I'd want to take over for. Low expectations, stacked cupboard.

I don't know how much coaches think the way I do, but UGA could have their pick of the litter in finding replacements when they fire Smart.

Last edited:
Kirby will surely cement his name in the history books of failed first time former defensive coordinator coaches.....

Will Muschamp
Randy Shannon
Gene Chizik

Advertisement
Back