Kingston new coach at South Carolina

Advertisement
This guy sounds wonderful.

Kingston is the nadir of all of your asinine postings. Why not hire Mike Martin instead..... This Kingston would be a TERRIBLE hire. He had a losing record last year. Heck, in our worst year, we were 31-27.

How can you argue that 24 wins is leagues better than 31. We play in the ACC.....

Power 5 programs that sleep on Mark Kingston and Greg Lovelady do so at their own peril.

It's funny how you couldn't run away from Kingston fast enough last year when he went 24-33.

Now P5 programs shouldn't sleep on him because he went to a Regional where his team was eliminated by Bethune-Cookman.

Kingston is going to be a star. Remember where you heard it.

Ha!

You fled in disguise last year when he went 24-33 in his second year at USF. You disowned him and disavowed any knowledge of his existence.

But now he'll be a star because he under-performed his seed and was eliminated by Bethune-Cookman.

It's too much.

Just leaving these here.

S. Carolina loves them some questionable Florida college coaches.

Questionable because canesproponent and BrianPiccolo had never heard of him?

No questionable because a program like USCe could seemingly have their pick of coaches and instead they go with Frank Martin, who was a bit iffy, Muschhamp who's real iffy and a guy that didn't exactly set the world on fire at USF. Hence my statement.

Last edited:
Advertisement

No questionable because a program like USCe could seemingly have their pick of coaches and instead they go with Frank Martin, who was a bit iffy, Muschhamp who's real iffy and a guy that didn't exactly set the world on fire at USF. Hence my statement.

Did you miss what Frank Martin did this year? Last I checked, South Carolina went to the Final Four for the first time ever (first time to the Sweet 16 since 1973).

Did you miss what Frank Martin did this year? Last I checked, South Carolina went to the Final Four for the first time ever (first time to the Sweet 16 since 1973).

Good lord. South Carolina had only made the tournament, much less the Final Four, four times in the last 43 years. And they have improved dramatically in Martin's five years. But Martin was "iffy".

That tells you all you need to know in this conversation.

Hey, Quatro. Tell us how USF did in the past 15 years or so, then tell us how those 42 wins stack up. Thanks in advance.

Good lord. South Carolina had only made the tournament, much less the Final Four, four times in the last 43 years. And they have improved dramatically in Martin's five years. But Martin was "iffy".

That tells you all you need to know in this conversation.

Hey, Quatro. Tell us how USF did in the past 15 years or so, then tell us how those 42 wins stack up. Thanks in advance.

Look at his overall record dip****.
Mediocre at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know they're frustrated when the potty mouth insults start flying.

You didn't address the question. How often did USF reach the 42-win mark in the last 15 years?

Advertisement
His overall record isn't great because he was at Illinois State, and USF. USF, which hadn't been to the postseason since 2002. Kingston got them there 2 of the 3 years he was coach.

His overall record isn't great because he was at Illinois State, and USF. USF, which hadn't been to the postseason since 2002. Kingston got them there 2 of the 3 years he was coach.

That's what's funny. They'll make excuses for Morris missing the tournament, even with the resources he has at Miami. But Kingston takes a non-tournament team to the tournament 2 out of 3 years? Mediocre.

Just leaving these here.

This doesn't prove anything except that a P5 school (and a declining one at that) hired their 4th choice because their top choices wouldn't take the job.

In fact South Carolina hiring him doesn't do a thing to disprove a word that was said about him in previous threads. You continue to display terribly bad logic on these topics.

It reminds me of NotSince1985 claiming that since UCF hired Greg Lovelady that taking a lead assistant job wouldn't be good for his career.

A complete non sequitur.

Advertisement

This is incredibly dishonest even for the most dishonest person on this forum.

It's been proven that I know way more about the program (and its history) than you do. I knew who Mark Kingston was so much so that I could accurately label his resume as average.

He's only reached the postseason in 3 of his 8 years as a head coach and has finished 3rd or worse in his conference in 6 of those 8 years. He never finished higher than 3rd in the 8-team AAC. In fact he ended with a losing conference record at South Florida (35-37).

So what's your argument here? That because a desperate P5 school hired him that his resume suddenly changes? That it now becomes magically "good" all of the sudden?

Your end zone dance on this makes no sense.

It's like he's programmed to spout out one year samples for every argument he makes.

Kingston's one good year as head coach saw him get eliminated from a Regional by Bethune-Cookman.

But I can't knock his game. The guy parlayed it into a big job and a big payday.

Advertisement
His overall record isn't great because he was at Illinois State, and USF.

Sounds like an Al Golden argument.

Kington finished 3rd or worse in the conference 6 of his 8 seasons at those schools.

So even adjusting for the stature of the program, he didn't do much of anything.

USF, which hadn't been to the postseason since 2002. Kingston got them there 2 of the 3 years he was coach.

And went 1-2 both times with an elimination at the hands of Bethune-Cookman in 2017.

He also managed to go 24-33 in the year in between and finished dead last in the conference.

Last edited:
That's what's funny. They'll make excuses for Morris missing the tournament, even with the resources he has at Miami. But Kingston takes a non-tournament team to the tournament 2 out of 3 years? Mediocre.

Jim Morris has one of the great track records in the history of the sport. He missed the tournament one time in 24 seasons.

Mark Kingston missed it 5 times in 8 years as a head coach and only finished better than 3rd in his conference twice in 8 years.

Kingston was a great hire for them if you think otherwise you don't follow college baseball well enough

I follow college baseball much closer than you do and this was not a great hire by any standard.

They struck out on their top choices and were forced to hire their 3rd or 4th choice from a mid-major program that has never won anything of note in his career.

How can that be characterized as a great hire?

If it was us making this hire, you'd be much less effusive.

Advertisement
Back