Kingston new coach at South Carolina

Kingston was a great hire for them if you think otherwise you don't follow college baseball well enough

I follow college baseball much closer than you do and this was not a great hire by any standard.

They struck out on their top choices and were forced to hire their 3rd or 4th choice from a mid-major program that has never won anything of note in his career.

How can that be characterized as a great hire?

If it was us making this hire, you'd be much less effusive.

No i just think you hate it because jagr has brought him up

Advertisement
This is what happens when you're a single adult and all you're doing is waiting for high school fall practice to start.

USF, which hadn't been to the postseason since 2002. Kingston got them there 2 of the 3 years he was coach.

And went 1-2 both times with an elimination at the hands of Bethune-Cookman in 2017.

He also managed to go 24-33 in the year in between and finished dead last in the conference.

I love this train of thought.

Gino DiMare and Jim Morris were 100% responsible for building the 2017 team that didn't make the tournament, but they're excused.

Mark Kingston takes over a program that hadn't been to the post-season in 13 years, but since he missed the tournament once with Lelo Prado's recruits, he is mediocre.

Advertisement
This is what happens when you're a single adult and all you're doing is waiting for high school fall practice to start.

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean but I enjoyed your premature end zone dance for a guy you said would be a star but has yet to win anything by the age of 48.

If he gets fired (like Rob Cooper will) then you would have been wrong again, no?

Gino DiMare and Jim Morris were 100% responsible for building the 2017 team that didn't make the tournament, but they're excused.

Obviously they're not excused because we're here having this debate.

I just value large sample sizes and consistent results.

You value hocus pocus.

Advertisement
Mark Kingston takes over a program that hadn't been to the post-season in 13 years, but since he missed the tournament once with Lelo Prado's recruits, he is mediocre.

I love the idea that South Florida is some bum program. It's one of the largest universities in one of the best baseball states in the country. Not to mention it's in one of the best high school baseball cities in America.

All of this with no basically no tuition restrictions either.

But somehow having one decent season, one terrible one and one good one in 3 seasons is worthy of otherworldly praise.

He actually made the tournament once with Prado's players too.

Somehow that counts but his dead last finish in 2016 doesn't.

We did worse.

How do you know this?

South Carolina basically hired an older Al Golden if he had taken a mid-major job in-between Temple and Miami. There's absolutely nothing on his resume that predicts success at South Carolina.

You're throwing darts at a board blindfolded.

You also thought that Rob Cooper was future star.

We did worse.

Also, the only thing that Kingston has on DiMare is that he's been a head coach which has as much to do with Gino's love for Miami and loyalty to the program than anything.

So basically because Gino played at Miami and wanted to stay there he's being punished by our fans.

They're worried that Gino is unproven but they're slobbering all over completely unproven Mark Kingston.

Advertisement
No i just think you hate it because jagr has brought him up

I don't like it for precisely the reasons I mentioned.

You on the other hand have no clue why you think it's a "great' hire. If you did then you would have articulated it.

You gave no logical explanation other than "I follow baseball better than you" as to why it is a bad hire

You gave no logical explanation other than "I follow baseball better than you" as to why it is a bad hire

I refuted your claim that anybody who doesn't think it's a great hire doesn't know college baseball. I know more than you and I don't think it's a great hire.

So facts get your panties in a bunch.

And you obviously didn't read anything else posted in this thread since I perfectly illustrated why it wasn't a great hire.

But keep pretending that you follow this stuff closely.

I refuted your claim that anybody who doesn't think it's a great hire doesn't know college baseball. I know more than you and I don't think it's a great hire.

So facts get your panties in a bunch.

And you obviously didn't read anything else posted in this thread since I perfectly illustrated why it wasn't a great hire.

But keep pretending that you follow this stuff closely.

You legit gave no facts at all to refute anything, and you are the only one here who seems to have your panties all bunched up tight, with your whole I know more than you stuff

Advertisement
Just leaving these here.

This doesn't prove anything except that a P5 school (and a declining one at that) hired their 4th choice because their top choices wouldn't take the job.

In fact South Carolina hiring him doesn't do a thing to disprove a word that was said about him in previous threads. You continue to display terribly bad logic on these topics.

It reminds me of NotSince1985 claiming that since UCF hired Greg Lovelady that taking a lead assistant job wouldn't be good for his career.

A complete non sequitur.

^^^^Oh look, Brian's_Tiny_Thong has a new handle^^^^^^
Did you get banned under your previous name?

Being right is exhausting.

Me: "We're declining. At this rate we're going to miss the tournament soon".
Piccolo: "You're stupid. We're not declining. We made the CWS."
Result: We missed the tournament.

Me: "Mark Kingston is going to lead a Power 5 program one day."
Piccolo: "You're stupid. He's mediocre. Hasn't won anything."
Result: The only team in America with two titles in the last decade hired Mark Kingston.

Exhausting.

Last edited:
Let me add one more.

Me: "Gino is a complacent recruiter. Other teams are beating us in recruiting."
Piccolo: "You're stupid. Jim saw our weakness and brought Gino back. Gino fixed the recruiting."
Result: Gino had to bring in 7 JUCO players just to have a full roster in 2017, and the result was one of the bottom ten BA's in college baseball.

Exhausting.

I'm trying to respond but the message board gestapo keep filtering my posts.

What a joke this board is.

Advertisement
Back