King

Advertisement
Didn’t look so bad to me
Probably acl which is not career threatening
An ACL may likey end his Miami career because he would miss the 2021 season. Wouldn't be cleared to practice unitl at least September/October and that's not enough for game reps.

I'm not sure what he will do if it's an ACL tear.

It’s serious for sure. I am actually concerned he might have damaged his Patellar Tendon based on where he was holding his leg - right in the front below the knee. Let’s hope that’s not the case, those injuries are often worse than ACL.

Advertisement
Well, depends what you define as “done”. He tore his ACL. He’s done for a while. His career is certainly not over.
I think there is an argument to be made that his best move is to leave school now. It’s a shiit situation for a great kid but he’s 23. Adrien Peterson did ACL in 8 months but I think the norm now is 10-12 months. Do you redshirt and play when as a 25 yr old? It will be very tough to be realistically ready to play next season.

So, I'm guessing you disagree and believe King should have played and stayed in the game at 21-0. I don't know why the vitriol, it was just two questions that could have been answered with a yes or no and then some analysis. But, since you hate this board, I will not engage with you in conversation. Good night.
Can you imagine the board if they pulled King when we are down 21 in the first half. You play to win. Injuries are an unfortunate part of the game. I just hope King has an easily repairable tear and can be back in 8 months.

Can you imagine the board if they pulled King when we are down 21 in the first half. You play to win. Injuries are an unfortunate part of the game. I just hope King has an easily repairable tear and can be back in 8 months.
Thank you for the response. Logical and it seems like the right response.

Advertisement
I think there is an argument to be made that his best move is to leave school now. It’s a shiit situation for a great kid but he’s 23. Adrien Peterson did ACL in 8 months but I think the norm now is 10-12 months. Do you redshirt and play when as a 25 yr old? It will be very tough to be realistically ready to play next season.

Yeah, it’s a really tough situation. I have no idea what the correct answer is. I just feel terrible for him. ACLs get easier and easier as technology advances, but it’s still a devastating injury, and he’s not a pocket passer. His game involves a ton of lateral agility. Depending on any other potential injury other than the ACL, he could be ready in 9 months. But it’s going to be very, very difficult for him to actually be himself.

This just sucks so much. All this talk about Baker, the WRs, Kosi, blah blah. King’s knee is the real story. I just hate this so much for the kid, and secondly for the program.

Not really. They stress “Family” and “caretakers” of each other in the program. How much of a stretch is it, for a kid like King to feel like he has to carry the team on his shoulder at times when things aren’t going right, something we as fans have admitted time and again, that King carried the team to a victory?
Putting the team on your back is something that happens to most players in their career you ******* moron

Advertisement
His career is over, he wasn't making the league as a top 3 round QB, he was looking at like a 6/7 Rd pick. Now he's screwed. His only chance is to go the CFL route and hope one of the teams will help him rehab his knee (they won't, they don't have the $ to invest in a project qb that needs knee surgery), this was worst case scenario for him *IF ITS TORN*

The way our program tight lips everything, we won’t even know the severity of his injury until hours before the Bama game.

Advertisement
Didn’t look so bad to me
Probably acl which is not career threatening
what is wrong with you.gif

Advertisement
Back