King & The Deep Ball

I got sentenced to CIS Prison for over a month for stating how baga would play King. I assume since my ban came following that post. I agree and I said that he sailed deep passes. I'm a Garcia or TVD camp.
I didn’t get banned but got plenty of the dumb and dislike tags. Bama is going to load the box and shut down our run game while keeping everything in front of them. They are definitely not afraid of King throwing the deep ball. What coach would be?

Advertisement
I didn’t get banned but got plenty of the dumb and dislike tags. Bama is going to load the box and shut down our run game while keeping everything in front of them. They are definitely not afraid of King throwing the deep ball.
That has been the strategy forever for teams playing little QB's. I feel our OL will be better, but we won't know until the season starts.

Here is the breakdown by game
King 20+ Yards.jpg

Advertisement
Yup.

His top 2 WR at UH were Marquez Stevenson and Keith Corbin. Stevenson was lethal with the deep ball. Corbin could also go deep.

Our top two WR last year were Harley and Pope. Two guys who are truly slots WRs and aren't really effective with the deep ball. Both tiny guys.

I expect the deep ball to massively improve this year with K. Smith and Rambo starting.
So much of the offensive struggles ( I mean the offense was generally solid but had some ugly spots here and there) were due to outside receivers not being able to beat press man coverage coupled with a general aversion to fighting for a ball thrown into coverage. When you can essentially lock down two receivers with two defensive backs, there's very little anyone else on offense can do to counter that. You have ZERO chance of beating a good team if there isn't even a threat that the receiver will beat his man on the outside and force safety help. That allows safeties to help the middle of the field and bracket slot guys or TEs. Which in turn allows linebackers to play closer to the line of scrimmage because they have safety help on anything down the seam or in the middle of the field. Our outside guys were generally worthless in the passing game unless the corner missed their jam and 6 or 8 could run past them. Even then, it was still a wild guess as to whether either would actually hold onto the ball once it hit them in stride.

King is inconsistent with the deep ball , always has. He even does in practice but I’d go to war with that cat any day of the week.
This is why K Smith and Redding are so important, IMO. Even Rambo can help as all of them can either catch the contested pass OR create more space for more margin of error. Lastly, having more weapons on the field together allows for more one on ones with a much higher chance of success even with underneath routes.

Advertisement
King isn't that good. I know but he can't beat teams deep. He won't be running this year because of the ACL. I think we lose 3 games again. I don't trust Lashlee to make adjustments. We will see in a month. I hope he proves me wrong.
You've got some nerve!

This. Against Clemson we threw about 10 deep balls into 1on1 coverage. 8 or 9 were catchable 50-50 balls. ZERO were caught. ZERO.
They put 9 in the box, begged us to beat them deep and well.... Pope and Wiggins happened
When u get the chance to make a play, make a **** play!

Advertisement
He wasn't great but our WRs were so bad. Sometimes great WR play can make up for a not so great throw. Our guys last year had to have everything go perfect for a deep pass to it. That's not ideal.

I think you hit it in the head.
I remember plenty of games where King went deep and just flat out missed the targets but I remember more games where our WR corps just :****: the bed and dropped the ball.

Advertisement
I got sentenced to CIS Prison for over a month for stating how baga would play King. I assume since my ban came following that post. I agree and I said that he sailed deep passes. I'm a Garcia or TVD camp.

No, you didn't, and it is responses like this that make it clear you are a hopeless case. Here is the link to the thread you started that got you banned.
Had you simply not typed the second to last sentence of that porst, I am confident you wouldn't have been band. But you are simply incapable of helping yourself....

1628718669281.png

Advertisement
Back