King Mwikuta enters transfer portal

Advertisement
I think Alabama had him as a stand-up linebacker. I think this guy would be a killer WDE
1626392761592.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
In the Herald today:
"The lack of size and elite talent at linebacker is a concern among some inside the program.
One person in the program wondered how the Canes not only will be able to consistently stop the run with what could be its weakest linebacker group in years, but also if they will be able to slow big, productive tight ends in the passing game."
Hard to square this with the message about we like whom we've got and we would only take a unicorn from the portal. Either that was a way to save face after losing out on portal LB's or there is a difference of opinion on the staff.
Whatever it is, I hope we're trying to bring in Mwikuta.

In the Herald today:
"The lack of size and elite talent at linebacker is a concern among some inside the program.
One person in the program wondered how the Canes not only will be able to consistently stop the run with what could be its weakest linebacker group in years, but also if they will be able to slow big, productive tight ends in the passing game."
Hard to square this with the message about we like whom we've got and we would only take a unicorn from the portal. Either that was a way to save face after losing out on portal LB's or there is a difference of opinion on the staff.
Whatever it is, I hope we're trying to bring in Mwikuta

But we have 8-10 LBs on the roster!!!

Advertisement
It’s insane the lack of size and talent we have in that LB room. I’d bring in just about anyone who is 6’2 230 and has P5 experience for this year. We aren’t going to be able to consistently compete with 5’11 205 and 5’11 230 at will and Mike respectfully.
No it’s not. Y’all wanted majority of these kids because they were “dogs” no matter the size. Multiple times I’ve said “guys they’re small and are average athletes” or “ guys they’re edge rushers. We don’t even know if they can play LBer” but nope because Gogeta and Dmoney want them they need to be here. Then y’all are surprised when an actual LBer in Flagg laps all these dudes.

Now y’all can lay in your bed y’all promoted.

He was a 3-4 OLB at Bama and would be a DE here just like Deandre Johnson was a 3-4 OLB at Tennessee and is a DE at Miami. What 4-3 or 4-2-5 backers in college football are 6'5" 240? Kid was a DE in high school and probably has a frame to put on more 20 lbs. You want a replacement for Cam Williams? He could be one. Not playing ILB though

Last edited:
Advertisement
He was a 3-4 OLB at Bama and would be a DE here just like Deandre Johnson was a 3-4 OLB at Tennessee and is a DE at Miami. What 4-3 or 4-2-5 backers in college football are 6'5" 240? Kid was a DE in high school and probably has a frame to put on more 20 lbs. You want a replacement for Cam Williams? He could be one. Not playing ILB though
Cam Williams is gone?

No it’s not. Y’all wanted majority of these kids because they were “dogs” no matter the size. Multiple times I’ve said “guys they’re small and are average athletes” or “ guys they’re edge rushers. We don’t even know if they can play LBer” but nope because Gogeta and Dmoney want them they need to be here. Then y’all are surprised when an actual LBer in Flagg laps all these dudes.

Now y’all can lay in your bed y’all promoted.

Facts. It’s one thing to take a flyer on a great rush end you think you can convert to LB. It’s another to try this in every single class without ever seeing positive outcomes. McCloud, Wilder, Joyner … we just brought in Johnson and I can’t recall any snaps in his HUDL of him covering zone on passing routes. We need LINEBACKERS.

Advertisement
Back