King is the reason we are 5-1 and not 2-3

well yeah. you're comparing a good qb in king to 2 bad ones.

that's the case for nearly any team in america. Clemson and Bama wouldn't have won champshionship without lawrence, hurts, and tua.

QB is the most important position on the field and dictates the outcome no matter how good the playcalling
He isn’t pointing out the value of a QB, hes pointing out the lack of improvement everywhere else.

Advertisement
Can we beat NC St after a bye-week before saying this chit? I already coherently pointed out we beat the same exact teams in the same exact manner as last yr. Literally chit has not changed.

Can we beat NC St after a bye-week before saying this chit? I already coherently pointed out we beat the same exact teams in the same exact manner as last yr. Literally chit has not changed.
Great question about NC St. Not you but way too many fans bought into the off season hype and expectations way too high for a team that was miserable last season. Bulk of that team back and the addition of a couple players were not going to make all those coming back world beaters. Seems.like after numerous years of ridiculous off season hype fans would learn

Last edited:
Great question about NC St. Not you but way too many fans bought into the off season hype and expectations way too high for a team that was miserable last season. Bulk of that team back and the addition of a couple players were not going to make all those coming back world beaters. Seems.like after numerous years of ridiculous off season hype fans would learn
Facts. What I would say about King, though, is that his legs have saved us and made our OL look much better than it really is, when it comes down to him scrambling. Designed runs, not so much....but his escape ability have helped us.

I think having a kicker has been a bigger difference.

In the first 6 games last year, between Perry and Williams, they had 13 TDs (passing + running) against a considerably tougher schedule.

Through 6 games this season, King has 12 TDs.

Hard to acknowledge that maybe Lashlee hasn't been the big improvement over Enos we expected. Hopefully just first year issues (though the same could be said about Enos)
Enos had a full spring, full summer and full preseason camp (countless meetings since spring throughout the summer into fall camp). And Lashlee is STILL outperforming him. No comparison here at all.

Advertisement
I think having a kicker has been a bigger difference.

In the first 6 games last year, between Perry and Williams, they had 13 TDs (passing + running) against a considerably tougher schedule.

Through 6 games this season, King has 12 TDs.

Hard to acknowledge that maybe Lashlee hasn't been the big improvement over Enos we expected. Hopefully just first year issues (though the same could be said about Enos)
avg points thru six games in 2019: 29.5

avg points thru six games in 2020: 32,8

if we take out the top offensive point output from both season, this is the result:

22,8 pts for 2019

29 pts for 2020

i took away the 63 points against bethune cookman in 2019 and the 52 points against florida state in 2020.

lashlee is a big improvement over enos because enos was that horrible.

if we take out the top offensive point output from both season, this is the result:

22,8 pts for 2019

29 pts for 2020

i took away the 63 points against bethune cookman in 2019 and the 52 points against florida state in 2020.

Taking out Florida state and taking out BC are not the same but point taken

King and our kicker are the reason why we will win 2 or 3 more games compared to last season. Rest of the team has basically stagnated in mediocrity... once those 2 are gone,we might be exposed again..

Advertisement
We are the same team as last year except with a really good QB. I have no doubt if Perry or Williams were here we lose last nights game. We make the same mental mistakes on defense, our receivers can’t get open, oline went from dog **** to passable. We were flat the whole game just sleep walking. We got lucky plain and simple.

And yes I’m going to be that guy but Schiano should have been hired here. He can flat out coach. In his first game on the road beat Michigan State and don’t give me that Michigan State is not a good team blah blah blah. We face a lot of mediocre teams like last night and barely win at HOME. Rutgers couldn’t tie their shoes correctly last year and now they win a road game.
what could have been if Schiano would have waited a couple weeks, he would have taken over for Davis in lieu of Coker :

22,8 pts for 2019

29 pts for 2020

There is no comparison. This offense had a **** game in the red zone against Pitt. That can and should be fixed as much it possibly can during the bye week.

Lot's of people seem to forget guys like Pickett, Cunningham and Lawrence likely have more STARTS than King has had practices. Guarantee you Etienne has more first team practice reps than Harris, Chaney and Rooster combined.

Advertisement
King and Lashlee are arguably the biggest differences but there are a bunch of others.

Brooks is playing meaningful snaps.
Nelson is not the worst linemen we have ever seen.
We have a competent right tackle
Borregales is a very competent kicker.
Mallory has stepped up his game.
Bolden, Ivey, and Frierson have stepped up their game.

This team isn’t worlds better than last year but it is better. This team is 13-13 over the past two seasons, maybe people here crowing “We want Clemson!” was a little early and stupid of some people?

Winning even 7 games this year is actually an (unacceptable) improvement, that’s how bad this team was last year. Let’s keep perspective.

We are the same team as last year except with a really good QB. I have no doubt if Perry or Williams were here we lose last nights game. We make the same mental mistakes on defense, our receivers can’t get open, oline went from dog **** to passable. We were flat the whole game just sleep walking. We got lucky plain and simple.

And yes I’m going to be that guy but Schiano should have been hired here. He can flat out coach. In his first game on the road beat Michigan State and don’t give me that Michigan State is not a good team blah blah blah. We face a lot of mediocre teams like last night and barely win at HOME. Rutgers couldn’t tie their shoes correctly last year and now they win a road game.
King is better that what we have and is a dynamic athlete playing qb. But he is not a really good qb. He gets a lot of balls batted down due to his size (not his fault necessarily), misses on some wide open throws, deep ball is not consistent, and not that good on the rpo (his decision making when to keep or hand off seems a bit erratic).

Let's not forget the offensive system he is playing in either. I doubt under Enos he would have been helping the offense much either.

Agree on Schiano.

Advertisement
Nah you'd be dubed a mope so we have to stay quiet and not ruin the win parade; can't be critical of the team whatsoever.

I originally gave you an upvote, but took it away when I saw you said we should have hired Schiano.

Advertisement
Back