King is the reason we are 5-1 and not 2-3

kanin81

Recruit
Premium
We are the same team as last year except with a really good QB. I have no doubt if Perry or Williams were here we lose last nights game. We make the same mental mistakes on defense, our receivers can’t get open, oline went from dog **** to passable. We were flat the whole game just sleep walking. We got lucky plain and simple.

And yes I’m going to be that guy but Schiano should have been hired here. He can flat out coach. In his first game on the road beat Michigan State and don’t give me that Michigan State is not a good team blah blah blah. We face a lot of mediocre teams like last night and barely win at HOME. Rutgers couldn’t tie their shoes correctly last year and now they win a road game.

Advertisement
well yeah. you're comparing a good qb in king to 2 bad ones.

that's the case for nearly any team in america. Clemson and Bama wouldn't have won champshionship without lawrence, hurts, and tua.

QB is the most important position on the field and dictates the outcome no matter how good the playcalling

Lol at “let’s hope he returns next year”. He’s 23, he’s clearing it after this year.

Advertisement
Lol at “let’s hope he returns next year”. He’s 23, he’s clearing it after this year.

For sure some agent will convince him but he has no position at the next level. The guy needs another year to desperately improve if he is dreaming of going pro. As it stands today King will declare and bounce around practice squads for a season or two.

Facts, the only thing that has improved this year is quarterback. The rest of the team has regressed.

Advertisement
For sure some agent will convince him but he has no position at the next level. The guy needs another year to desperately improve if he is dreaming of going pro. As it stands today King will declare and bounce around practice squads for a season or two.
If Malcolm Perry can go round 7 at 5’8 180 then King can go round 4-5 as a developmental RB/slot just like him at 5’11 200.

We are the same team as last year except with a really good QB. I have no doubt if Perry or Williams were here we lose last nights game. We make the same mental mistakes on defense, our receivers can’t get open, oline went from dog **** to passable. We were flat the whole game just sleep walking. We got lucky plain and simple.

And yes I’m going to be that guy but Schiano should have been hired here. He can flat out coach. In his first game on the road beat Michigan State and don’t give me that Michigan State is not a good team blah blah blah. We face a lot of mediocre teams like last night and barely win at HOME. Rutgers couldn’t tie their shoes correctly last year and now they win a road game.

I think having a kicker has been a bigger difference.

In the first 6 games last year, between Perry and Williams, they had 13 TDs (passing + running) against a considerably tougher schedule.

Through 6 games this season, King has 12 TDs.

Hard to acknowledge that maybe Lashlee hasn't been the big improvement over Enos we expected. Hopefully just first year issues (though the same could be said about Enos)

Advertisement
There's ALOT bigger problems on this squad than King. He's been fine. People expecting another Heisman winner ala Burrow via the transfer portal had unrealistic expectations. The lack of a consistent running game and depth at wide receiver have really limited his upside.

Truth and the defense is worse because we don't have Shaq. You know, a LB that actually tackles the ball carrier. Tackle totals will be as low as imaginable for that position. Tough to have a defense without LBs that tackle

Advertisement
1603665764854.gif

I think having a kicker has been a bigger difference.

In the first 6 games last year, between Perry and Williams, they had 13 TDs (passing + running) against a considerably tougher schedule.

Through 6 games this season, King has 12 TDs.

Hard to acknowledge that maybe Lashlee hasn't been the big improvement over Enos we expected. Hopefully just first year issues (though the same could be said about Enos)
Any stats from last year have to drop the 63-0 game against Bethune, which padded everything.

well yeah. you're comparing a good qb in king to 2 bad ones.

that's the case for nearly any team in america. Clemson and Bama wouldn't have won champshionship without lawrence, hurts, and tua.

QB is the most important position on the field and dictates the outcome no matter how good the playcalling
By using Perry and Williams as QB would be our options if we didn’t have King. If that would happen we would be in the same spot as last year.

Yes our kicker and OC are better but the overarching issues are still there. Not much in development in players and just horrible game management. WTH were we doing in full up tempo offense on that last drive??? We should have started to burn the clock a series earlier and there would be no need to punt there. The team was sleepwalking through the game. Playing with emotion and urgency requires zero talent and that’s on the coach to make that happen.

Advertisement
Back