King is "here to win", speaks on Lashlee's offense

Advertisement
So refreshing to hear a current player talk like this.didn't say he was a three headed monster and going feast.this katt is going to let the play on the field do the talking.think Mr King aka the big KATT is going to do some good things here.hopefully his atitude rubs off on his teammates and leads us back to being irrelevant again.

I’m in.
ShortImpoliteDuckbillplatypus-small.gif

Last few years have convinced me. If this guy says be wary, be wary. If he says sack up and ride, then it’s time to #letsbejerks. 🤣

Got any perspective on Coronavirus and utilities vs broader market vs XLE, @Liberty City El? Tough call where to put money these days.

Teddy KGB.....”you son of btch, all night check, check, check 😂😂

My prediction for 2020 below:

If the offense even improves 20% and the Defense comes back into healthy shape and upgrades we go 11-1

.. Or dare i even say 12-0 and the ACCCG ... where we would get beat about 31-17 by Clemson.

What do ya'll think?

View attachment 111617
I doubt it happens but if it does I'm gonna go crazy. During our 10 win season I missed 2 games while in the hospital so even the games I saw I really couldn't enjoy that winning high we as fans get but I'm going crazy if we win 11 or 12 games. I'ma talk some big **** & smoke big kush... I hope you're right though. We need a season like that because 2021 schedule is gonna be different.

Advertisement
Not crazy at all. I understand you completely. Cant have to much confidence. That's a real far limb to go on for an intelligent individual....
I do like what I see from the kid though, certainly nothing against him.

I gotta see some results at this point which I think is understandable if a bit annoying to have to say

Did that article happen to mention what quality OL he brought with him so he can do all that winning.

D'Eriq King: The top trait for a quarterback is leadership
(From 247 article written by David Lake)

Whether the player wants the role or not, the quarterback position is one that demands leadership.

Houston graduate transfer D'Eriq King is ready to earn the trust and respect of his new Miami teammates this spring as he settles into the starting quarterback job in 2020.

King understands that as a transfer player and new addition to the locker room, he will have to lead by example first.

“I think the number one trait a quarterback should have is leadership,” King told Hurricane Hotline on 560 The Joe. “As a transfer, you have to earn the team’s respect. I have only been here for [a short time] so I am still trying to do that, but things are getting off on a good foot.”

King understands that playing quarterback at a place like Miami isn’t the easiest situation. The Hurricanes play in a pro city and the fanbase treats the UM program like a pro team. Miami also has rich tradition at the position, which means expectations are always high.

King says he is ready for those expectations.
“Playing quarterback at Miami means you have big shoes to fill,” King said. “I just take that with a chip on my shoulder and come into the building every day to work hard and prove everybody right.”

King has plenty of reasons to be confident in his ability to make a smooth transition to Miami.

As a starting quarterback at Houston, King threw for 4,925 yards with 50 touchdowns while rushing for 1,421 yards and 28 touchdowns.

The Hurricanes are set to start spring practices on Monday, March 2nd and the UM fanbase is excited to see how the offense blossoms under the direction of new coordinator Rhett Lashlee and with quarterback D’Eriq King leading the attack.

King, however, understands that getting the offense in a rhythm is going to take time. His focus this spring is to build a bond with the rest of the offensive players.

“I just want to build a connection with the team,” King said. “We are installing a new system, so it is going to take some time for everything to be clicking, but that will come with time so I just want to build a connection with the team and with the receivers.”

King says he has spent plenty of time on his own trying to build a connection with the UM receivers.

“I am connecting with Mark Pope, Mike Harley, Dee Wiggins and throwing with Will Mallory too,” King said. “I am trying to get close with the linemen right now too. Me and Corey Gaynor have a pretty good relationship.”
King shared some quick thoughts on his first impression on some of the UM receivers.
“Dee Wiggins is on the outside as a long receiver that can really, really run,” King said. “Mark Pope is a great route runner and Mike Harley can blaze as fast as anybody I’ve seen so far.”

King is also impressed by the fact that the Hurricanes will return their entire starting offensive line from the 2019 season.

“The most important thing of all is that everybody is back on the offensive line,” King said. “This is their second year of getting their feet under them and all those guys have been great.”

Advertisement
D'Eriq King: The top trait for a quarterback is leadership
(From 247 article written by David Lake)

Whether the player wants the role or not, the quarterback position is one that demands leadership.

Houston graduate transfer D'Eriq King is ready to earn the trust and respect of his new Miami teammates this spring as he settles into the starting quarterback job in 2020.

King understands that as a transfer player and new addition to the locker room, he will have to lead by example first.

“I think the number one trait a quarterback should have is leadership,” King told Hurricane Hotline on 560 The Joe. “As a transfer, you have to earn the team’s respect. I have only been here for [a short time] so I am still trying to do that, but things are getting off on a good foot.”

King understands that playing quarterback at a place like Miami isn’t the easiest situation. The Hurricanes play in a pro city and the fanbase treats the UM program like a pro team. Miami also has rich tradition at the position, which means expectations are always high.

King says he is ready for those expectations.
“Playing quarterback at Miami means you have big shoes to fill,” King said. “I just take that with a chip on my shoulder and come into the building every day to work hard and prove everybody right.”

King has plenty of reasons to be confident in his ability to make a smooth transition to Miami.

As a starting quarterback at Houston, King threw for 4,925 yards with 50 touchdowns while rushing for 1,421 yards and 28 touchdowns.

The Hurricanes are set to start spring practices on Monday, March 2nd and the UM fanbase is excited to see how the offense blossoms under the direction of new coordinator Rhett Lashlee and with quarterback D’Eriq King leading the attack.

King, however, understands that getting the offense in a rhythm is going to take time. His focus this spring is to build a bond with the rest of the offensive players.

“I just want to build a connection with the team,” King said. “We are installing a new system, so it is going to take some time for everything to be clicking, but that will come with time so I just want to build a connection with the team and with the receivers.”

King says he has spent plenty of time on his own trying to build a connection with the UM receivers.

“I am connecting with Mark Pope, Mike Harley, Dee Wiggins and throwing with Will Mallory too,” King said. “I am trying to get close with the linemen right now too. Me and Corey Gaynor have a pretty good relationship.”
King shared some quick thoughts on his first impression on some of the UM receivers.
“Dee Wiggins is on the outside as a long receiver that can really, really run,” King said. “Mark Pope is a great route runner and Mike Harley can blaze as fast as anybody I’ve seen so far.”

King is also impressed by the fact that the Hurricanes will return their entire starting offensive line from the 2019 season.

“The most important thing of all is that everybody is back on the offensive line,” King said. “This is their second year of getting their feet under them and all those guys have been great.”
I read this yesterday and was impressed with this young mans perspective. Being a 5th year senior, one would hope he knows what's necessary to be successful and so far, he checks all the boxes. Really looking forward to seeing him on the field.

Advertisement
Yes, the guy who hired Enos, brought back Thomas, lost to FIU, Duke, GT, La Tech all in one season. Do you need me to continue?

Not really, everyone can just read your 500 previous regurge posts saying the exact same thing.

That's my biggest takeaway. I know, for an absolute fact, that D'Eriq King is arguably one of the 5 very best QBs in CFB right now. I know, for an absolute fact, that Rhett Lashlee is a smart and very good offensive coach, and I know for an absolute fact his system and King's skillset complement each other perfectly. I know, for an absolute fact, that Miami has Top 20 skill position talent.

What I need to know is how good the OL can be. It can't go from what we saw last year to Top 10 in the country or anything. Jumps like that just don't happen. But literally EVERY SINGLE kid who took a snap is back. Plus Cleveland Reed. Plus Jalen Rivers. Plus a competent OL coach, plus Lashlee's scheme. I expect the line to be much improved. And truthfully, with Borregales, with Lou, with the defense, with King....just an average line should EASILY have this team at 10 wins.

Advertisement

That's my biggest takeaway. I know, for an absolute fact, that D'Eriq King is arguably one of the 5 very best QBs in CFB right now. I know, for an absolute fact, that Rhett Lashlee is a smart and very good offensive coach, and I know for an absolute fact his system and King's skillset complement each other perfectly. I know, for an absolute fact, that Miami has Top 20 skill position talent.

What I need to know is how good the OL can be. It can't go from what we saw last year to Top 10 in the country or anything. Jumps like that just don't happen. But literally EVERY SINGLE kid who took a snap is back. Plus Cleveland Reed. Plus Jalen Rivers. Plus a competent OL coach, plus Lashlee's scheme. I expect the line to be much improved. And truthfully, with Borregales, with Lou, with the defense, with King....just an average line should EASILY have this team at 10 wins.
People on this board are fcked when the King - Pope connection goes down.

Pope has a lot of natural talent.

A dream scenario is King developing a good rapport, obviously with all his receivers, but especially with Pope.

I want to see Pope with the ball in his hands. Period.

Advertisement
Back